• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Essentials Modular Battle Scene 2.0.2

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!
PokeMiner20 submitted a new resource:

Essentials Modular Battle Scene - A simple way to add more variants of battle

Greetings, PDM20 here for another weird script. this time it's half cosmetic half functional. With the release of V18 we were told 'with some coding knowledge one could program in a higher number of battlers' so I did that. I've gone and modified the game to allow for those higher number of battlers (5 battlers per side is the limit) . simply download the Graphic Pack and place the text from the .rb file into your game's script editor, or if you're using a github build, slap it into a...

Read more about this resource...

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!
PokeMiner20 updated Essentials Modular Battle Scene with a new update entry:

Bordered Partners!

EMBS V1.2 is now out!
Redownload the Zip File and replace what you already have with what's new it's not much tbh, new code and 1 graphic :P
so what has been added?
-A Battle Border!
This enables automatically upon entering one of the other screen (Bag, Party, Summary) and preserves the higher screen size. aimed at those who record their games.
-Higher Partners!
now with the addition of pbRegisterPartnerA/B/C you can now fight along side up...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ray_7760

I got shiny Mudkip
PokeMiner20 submitted a new resource:

Essentials Modular Battle Scene - A simple way to add more variants of battle

Read more about this resource...
bandicam 2021-02-02 19-12-11-377.jpg

When I try to do a wild battle event it just gives me this error...

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!

Ray_7760

I got shiny Mudkip
View attachment 1861
When I try to do a wild battle event it just gives me this error...

either use a conditional branch or use extendtext.exe in the script box
Okay, it works now but it always changes the size of the screen, if my screen is small then it changes the screen to be too big, and if my screen is big then it just shows a bit of the battle and the rest of the screen is black...

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!
Okay, it works now but it always changes the size of the screen, if my screen is small then it changes the screen to be too big, and if my screen is big then it just shows a bit of the battle and the rest of the screen is black...
1) Make sure you're on the newest version of the script 1.2.1
2) Locate all Instances of '.pbStartBattle' and double check that 'newWindowSize' is above and below it inside conditions. the only script I personally know that has an addon melding this script into another is the ZUD plugin on PokeComm

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!
Can it be activated by in-game debugging? I tried it and it doesn't work.
I made no plans, nor do I have plans, to incorporate debug menu features seeing as there is no easy way to make those plug and play nor compatible with other scripts that do modify debug.

Vortex

Rookie
I love the script, thanks for it man! Just one small problem: it changes the screen size on the battle and it gets way too big (the battle menu gets obstructed by Windows taskbar).

I manage to change the window size in the script, but then all the sprites get positioned wrong. Can you help me?

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!
I love the script, thanks for it man! Just one small problem: it changes the screen size on the battle and it gets way too big (the battle menu gets obstructed by Windows taskbar).

I manage to change the window size in the script, but then all the sprites get positioned wrong. Can you help me?
you set the screen size to large in the option menu didn't you. if you did, I can't help you

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!
Any plans to update to v19.1?
As I am preoccupied with Real Life Responsibilities the answer is:

In the distant future.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Last edited:

Zed_Coeur

Rookie
So I'm trying to do a trainer battle, and in using both pbModTrBat and pbTrainerBattle with proper formatting, I'm given an error that says "room_for_partner" is an undefined local variable/method. I've tried doing trainer battles with and without partners and in events and the debug menu, and nothing has worked.

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!
So I'm trying to do a trainer battle, and in using both pbModTrBat and pbTrainerBattle with proper formatting, I'm given an error that says "room_for_partner" is an undefined local variable/method. I've tried doing trainer battles with and without partners and in events and the debug menu, and nothing has worked.
this tells me nothing about your actual problem. provide a crash report

Back