• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

3D Pokemon Essentials Game

Durtle

Rookie
Here is a script that can make the game look 3 Dimensional in rmxp (It can do more than that, read the post and watch a video!)
https://save-point.org/thread-3151.html

It is actually a script that makes use of Mode 7 and Heightmaps to make the game basically 3D

I really wanted to use it in Essentials. Luckily I found a thread posted on the PokeCommunity from 2012
Someone had already thought of adding it to essentials! There is even a demo you can download. I don't know which version of pokemon essentials it uses though.
Probably an old version like 12 13 or 14.
Here is the link to the thread that has all the info and downloads for the pokemon mode 7 demo version- https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=277243

I tried adding it to essentials 17.2 because that's the version I'm still the most comfortable with.
Unfortunately I ran into a bunch of problems. Errors popped up and I couldn't get the game to load.
With the Help of Vendily I have gotten essentials to run, but I can't load any maps that use the 3D script.
My coding capabilities have been reading scripts, googling, and asking others for knowledge. Through trial and error this has sometimes worked. But,
I have hit a dead end and I am calling for help for anyone who is willing to.

The script still has a few bugs in essentials such as making the game visually unplayable after battling on a 3D map, but you don't have to battle on a 3D map. It works fine on 2D.
The script can also be used for puzzles. The "camera" is movable and this can make for some unique puzzle Ideas by letting the player use the camera to find the correcct perspective.

I can post the progress I've made so far and the changes I have made to the script currently
The file below is only one of the scripts that I've needed to make changes to so far. This Mode 7 engine needs multiple scripts to work.

This Mode7 Engine/script was used in Pokemon Insurgence for the Emolga fast travel. But I'm not quite sure what version of essentials insurgence runs and how
They implemented it if the version was past v14.

dispose.png
dispose 2.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Durtle

Rookie
I changed line 678 to this and now when I load a 3D map it closes the game with no error message

unless @picture_sprites.nil?
@picture_sprites.each{|sprite| sprite.dispose}
end
# V.1.1 : map animations + V.1.2.2 : bug fix
unless @temp_sprites.nil?
@temp_sprites.each{|sprite| sprite.dispose}
end
unless @timer_sprite.nil?
@timer_sprite.each{|sprite| sprite.dispose}
end
unless @viewport1.nil?
@viewport1.each{|sprite| sprite.dispose}
end
unless @viewport2.nil?
@viewport2.each{|sprite| sprite.dispose}
end
unless @viewport3.nil?
@viewport3.each{|sprite| sprite.dispose}
end
end

Durtle

Rookie
I got MGC's HMode 7 script to work in Pokemon essentials version 16.2. The battling works fine now but the map connections are messed up. Still can't get it to work in v17.2 or v18+

Attachments

Durtle

Rookie
Making some progress. I have gotten it to work in 17.2, but surf and other passable things are wonky so I'm trying to fix that. It probably won't be that much different to edit for v18.
Map connections are still messed up but I can deal with it. Idk if others will though.

Cuprite (Kyu)

Novice
This is a really cool thing. If this were to work with modern versions of Essentials, that would lead to some really cool things from some fangames. I look forward to that! :D
(I'll keep my eye on this. Could potentially make use of it in the future)

GodCabbage

Rookie
Making some progress. I have gotten it to work in 17.2, but surf and other passable things are wonky so I'm trying to fix that. It probably won't be that much different to edit for v18.
Map connections are still messed up but I can deal with it. Idk if others will though.
How is this progress going? You said, you got it to work on 17.2, may I ask how?

BiggusWeeabus

"What's so funny about Biggus Dickus?"
This would be great for Gen 4/5 Styled games, specially with how v18-19 runs more smoothly than 16-17, i hope you're making progress

Back