• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Abandoned Forest Map

Fuzza

Rookie
The starting forest the player land's in the game I creating Pokémon Evil Dhelmise Origins. Any advice would be useful.

1st

Map022.png

New Update:

Map022.png

Attachments

• Map022.png
    Map022.png
    235.3 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nota

O Kawaii Koto
Not sure if forests can be abandoned if no one lives there to begin with, but that's a nitpick I don't know much about.

I think the top entrance is a bit too tight, with the 1-tile wide paths.

The path from the center to the bottom has no tall grass, which I think is something a forest should have. The path from bottom right to bottom left is too straight.

_pheebs

Demoness on the prowl!
This the above post says.
Forests can't really be abandonded as they're not really somewhere humans live in. And, even animals are always moving, migrating and travelling so they don't really live there, or be able to abandon it either.

As for the map itself this is where I'm going to get picky, apologies if i seem offensive but:

• Try to avoid having 1 tile gaps as areas you NEED to walk through to progress in a dungeon. They're hard to notice and frustrating to find.
  • Having said that, in a forest avoid big open areas as forests always have tall grass, trees, rivers, mossy rocks, etc. There's no open areas.
  • What is this pallete? because no offence it is ugly, and horrible to look at. Why is it red? and why does the tall grass just look like corrupted data? I recommend sticking to the usual green pallete, and maybe darkening it for the forest aesthetic.
  • Give the map a bit more shape. make it clear where the entrance and exit are and make it clear the path to get from point A to point B. Then if you're feeling frisky add some other paths for dead ends, item grabs, or trap trainer battles.

Back