• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource DexNav UI 2023-08-03

snapper-kins

Rookie
Does this update make the scripts incompatible with v20.1?

UPDATE: I was feeling adventurous so I just plopped it into my v20.1 project. It works like a charm, all of the problems it seemingly had in the previous versions have been fixed... as long as there are encounters on the map. If there are no encounters (like in a Pokemon Center) you get this error:

Ruby:
[2023-08-01 21:06:51 -0500]
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[New DexNav] Script.rb:111:in `getEncData'
[New DexNav] Script.rb:25:in `initialize'
[New DexNav] Script.rb:654:in `new'
[New DexNav] Script.rb:654:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
MessageConfig:570:in `pbFadeOutIn'
[New DexNav] Script.rb:648:in `block in <main>'
[Customizable Level Cap] Main.rb.rb:257:in `block in pbStartPokemonMenu'
[Customizable Level Cap] Main.rb.rb:246:in `loop'
[Customizable Level Cap] Main.rb.rb:246:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
Scene_Map:103:in `call_menu'

Any insight?

Last edited:

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
This is a really great script, but it crashes for me when I use it in the Safari Zone. It seems to be conflicting with the pop-up which shows how many Safari Balls and steps you have.
I didn't edit anything regarding the DexNav or Safari Zone either.

JogatinandoC

Cooltrainer

UPDATE: I was feeling adventurous so I just plopped it into my v20.1 project. It works like a charm, all of the problems it seemingly had in the previous versions have been fixed... as long as there are encounters on the map. If there are no encounters (like in a Pokemon Center) you get this error:

Ruby:
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Backtrace:

Any insight?
I had the same problem

phantombass

Cooltrainer

Ruby:
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Backtrace:

Any insight?
I'll look into this and see. I wrote this for v21.1 but I'll see what I can do

phantombass

Cooltrainer
This is a really great script, but it crashes for me when I use it in the Safari Zone. It seems to be conflicting with the pop-up which shows how many Safari Balls and steps you have.
I didn't edit anything regarding the DexNav or Safari Zone either.
I've never actually used this in the safari zone so I'll have to take a look

snapper-kins

Rookie
Awesome! Looks like that did it! Thanks so much for your quick fix and your work on this! It's greatly appreciated!

fncjinta

Novice
1696546724439.png
Hello, I get this error

Phye

Moon Guardian
When I use the dex nav and check a route without encounters the window just freezes. You're unable to leave the screen. But hey at least it doesn't crash anymore. I can hear the music still going but nothing happens no matter what key I press.

fncjinta

Novice
I have the elite battle dx plugin installed, and dexnav but when I enter the dexnav menu I get that error.

fncjinta

Novice
Hello, the problem is due to a conflict with "Following Pokémon ex", deactivate that plugin and dexnav works but now in maps where there are no Pokémon in the game it freezes completely

trainered

Novice
Hey with the 21.0 update, whenever I open the pause menu (Using Voltseon's Pause Menu) it automatically opens up the Pokedex and doesn't let me use the left or right keys to scroll on the pause menu. I'm using Essentials v21. Any helpful suggestions?

Jedahjony

Novice
Hey with the 21.0 update, whenever I open the pause menu (Using Voltseon's Pause Menu) it automatically opens up the Pokedex and doesn't let me use the left or right keys to scroll on the pause menu. I'm using Essentials v21. Any helpful suggestions?
DexNav call PokemonPauseMenu to catch inputs, if no last input Dexnav set it to -1 wich is a valid value for Voltseon Menu (forcing choose 1st option wich is Pokedex)..
But the real incompatibility come when have an active search with Dexnav.. the Information Search not show properly.

Need work to make this plugins compatible.

phantombass

Cooltrainer
I have to rework things around the voltseon pause menu. That causes a lot of issues with this currently

Screen Lady

Glitch Trainer
Is this plugin backwards compatible with v20 like snapper-kins mentions?
It works quite well but still seems incompatible with time encounters, for some reason it will only preview pokemon if it is night time or if a map doesn't use them.
Any workarounds or known causes for this? Was excited to hear it worked a bit on v20 still since I can't update my project to v21 for various plugin and custom script reasons. The day/night thing is basically the only hurdle keeping me from being able to implement it for my friends.

phantombass

Cooltrainer
Is this plugin backwards compatible with v20 like snapper-kins mentions?
It works quite well but still seems incompatible with time encounters, for some reason it will only preview pokemon if it is night time or if a map doesn't use them.
Any workarounds or known causes for this? Was excited to hear it worked a bit on v20 still since I can't update my project to v21 for various plugin and custom script reasons. The day/night thing is basically the only hurdle keeping me from being able to implement it for my friends.
I am working on an update for both to fix this issue. But a work around is to change your encounters from something like LandDay to just Land (as an example). This way the day and night encounters will work properly. But I have a working v20.1 dexnav, I just need to modify it to ensure it will work outside my game haha

Screen Lady

Glitch Trainer
I am working on an update for both to fix this issue. But a work around is to change your encounters from something like LandDay to just Land (as an example). This way the day and night encounters will work properly. But I have a working v20.1 dexnav, I just need to modify it to ensure it will work outside my game haha
Ah alright, I'll keep this in mind and wait for the hotfix as I can't set my encounters to just Land currently as my game uses unique encounter tables for morning, day, noon, dusk, and night.

Coumbiagou

Novice
Hello, how i can add the dexnav to the pokegear or into the modular pause menu 21.1 port?

Back