• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Following Pokemon EX

Resource Following Pokemon EX 2.2.3

I'm sorry if I've missed something obvious which I probably have but I've read everything and followed the instructions to the letter...

But I can't get RPG Maker to compile the Plug-in.

As instructed I exited RMXP, then I unpacked the files, then I went back in.... ran debug mode: no plug ins found
Then I exited again, as instructed I deleted the PluginScripts.rxdata file from the Data folder.

Went back into RMXP, ran debug mode: No Plug Ins found!

What am I doing wrong here???
What does your plugins folder look like?

babydoll

Novice
plugins1.JPG
plugins2.JPG

REALMUGEN

Trainer
Hi, thanks again for this script.

I would like to ask a question, is there a way to check that the same Pokemon has found an item X amount of times, which would generate some sort of reward? I was exploring the
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
pokename = FollowingPkmn.get_pokemon&.name
on
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
def self.item
but I didn't really know how to check that. : /

ZeDivingDutchman

Novice
Try using
Move Route:
Expand Collapse Copy
pbMoveRoute(FollowingPkmn.get_event,[
    PBMoveRoute::Left,
    PBMoveRoute::Down,
    PBMoveRoute::TurnUp
    ])
This works like a charm, latest versions, 20.1 bugfixes etc. What is the script command for playing the heart/smile/etc animations over the followers? I might be dumb but I can't find much

EDIT
after digging even deeper I managed to get this to work inside a script in an event:
FollowerAnimation:
Expand Collapse Copy
$scene.spriteset.addUserAnimation(9, FollowingPkmn.get_event.x, FollowingPkmn.get_event.y, true, 999)

Where in my example the 9 is the animation ID in your animations, and 999 seems to be the z value of the animation as far as I can tell because if its 1 instead it will render UNDER the pokemon sprite, with 999 it renders on top.

Maybe there is an easier way tho?

Last edited:

jacen82

Novice
I can't seem to get it to work my game. Any ideas how to get to work. I followed the instruction and it still isn't working for me.

I can't seem to get it to work my game. Any ideas how to get to work. I followed the instruction and it still isn't working for me.
“It’s not working” doesn’t give anyone any information besides “there’s a problem”, and the only thing people can say to that is “fix it”. You need to actually describe the issue, and lay out the steps you took. Don’t just say “I followed the instructions”- what if you missed a step or did something wrong? How can anyone check to see if you followed them correctly if you just say “I did that stuff”?

jacen82

Novice
“It’s not working” doesn’t give anyone any information besides “there’s a problem”, and the only thing people can say to that is “fix it”. You need to actually describe the issue, and lay out the steps you took. Don’t just say “I followed the instructions”- what if you missed a step or did something wrong? How can anyone check to see if you followed them correctly if you just say “I did that stuff”?
I downloaded the file, and I install it the Plug Folder that it said so and I get to detected the new folder. But the problem I am having is this FollowingPkmn.start_Following()? And I did get up a blank event, but still the pokemon still would followed. Sorry if it isn't clearer is my first time at this.

I downloaded the file, and I install it the Plug Folder that it said so and I get to detected the new folder. But the problem I am having is this FollowingPkmn.start_Following()? And I did get up a blank event, but still the pokemon still would followed. Sorry if it isn't clearer is my first time at this.
Are you getting an error message? What does the event setting up the following Pokemon look like, and what's the ID number of your blank event? Where did you put your follower sprites?

jacen82

Novice
Are you getting an error message? What does the event setting up the following Pokemon look like, and what's the ID number of your blank event? Where did you put your follower sprites?
There were no error message, nothing would happen. I put the Following Pokemon EX folder is in the Plugs folder, and nothing else. Maybe that the problem, there were 3 other folders in the Following Pokemon EX folder?

There were no error message, nothing would happen. I put the Following Pokemon EX folder is in the Plugs folder, and nothing else. Maybe that the problem, there were 3 other folders in the Following Pokemon EX folder?
Yeah, see, this is why it's important to say what specific actions you took rather than just say "I followed the instructions". Because the instructions tell you to put it in the root directory, not the Plugins folder.
1672900143937.png

So if all you said was "I followed the instructions", I would think that you had put the files somewhere else entirely.

The idea is that these folders will merge with the folders of the same name -
1672900049768.png

So you'll have stuff added in Plugins, but you'll also have stuff added in Data and Graphics, too.

(You also still didn't share the events like I asked you to...)

jacen82

Novice
Yeah, see, this is why it's important to say what specific actions you took rather than just say "I followed the instructions". Because the instructions tell you to put it in the root directory, not the Plugins folder.
View attachment 14872
So if all you said was "I followed the instructions", I would think that you had put the files somewhere else entirely.

View attachment 14871
So you'll have stuff added in Plugins, but you'll also have stuff added in Data and Graphics, too.

There are the events I set up.

Attachments

• 16729357613722065201303760411036.jpg
    16729357613722065201303760411036.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 89

Astefia

Cooltrainer
Tried this out on v20 with default movement being run.
The follower goes a lot slower then the protagonist and can even go offscreen from running for about 2 screens. It then catches up like on an invisible rubber band, but it's still weird. did I do something wrong?

jacen82

Novice
Can you tell me how to install the files, if I delete the folder and try reinstalled the files again. I'm thinking I mass some thing up the first time I install the files.

Can you tell me how to install the files, if I delete the folder and try reinstalled the files again. I'm thinking I mass some thing up the first time I install the files.
You don’t have to delete anything, just move it. I already told you where to put the files here-
View attachment 14872

View attachment 14871

jacen82

Novice
I followed what to had show me, I think it worked but there no pokemon showing to follow. Do it need anything like pokemon animations?

jacen82

Novice
I would try it out, thanks. This confuse me.

This step is different depending on whether you use Elite Battle: DX or no:
If you don't use Elite Battle: DX, or don't know what it is, then delete the folder called EBDX in the Graphics/ and PBS/ folders of your game.
If you do use Elite Battle: DX, then open the Graphics/Pokemon/ folder in your game and delete the Front/, Front Shiny/, Back/, Back shiny/ folders in there.

Because I don't have Elite Battle DX and there's no EBDX folder in my Graphics folder. I don't think so. Do I need to do the second part and not the first bits. To install this files? Like I said I'm confused on this part.

Back