• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Pokédex BW Style

Resource Pokédex BW Style 2020-12-27

DeepBlue PacificWaves

Producer of Project Lunastone | Failed Dreamer
Is all of your resources working on it?
I'm thinking on uodating my game to v19.1, but I'm afraid that some resources I'm using won't work (I'm giving the credits, of course)
I haven't tested it yet. I'll see if I can get an answer today, and if so, I'll PM you and update my posts

DeepBlue PacificWaves

DeepBlue PacificWaves updated Pokédex BW Style with a new update entry:

Minor Update for Pokémon Essentials v19.1

Heya folks. How are doing today?

I'm just passing here to say that Pokédex BW Style was updated to Pokémon Essentials v19.1. The older version appears to work well with Pokémon Essentials v19.1, but I thought it was best to update it right away. Just a warning though. This new update won't work that well in Pokémon Essentials v19, so if you're not planning to use the new v19.1, I wouldn't recommend downloading this new update of the script.

With that said, I hope y'all are doing...

Read the rest of this update entry...

DeepBlue PacificWaves

I have an error where when I play test it it wants me to install "Luka's Plugin Utilities" for PokedexEntry BW Style, but I already have... I'm stuck
That's odd. This message only appears when the compiler doesn't finds the plugin installed in the project. Did you tried to delete the PluginScripts file in the Data folder of your main project and then run the game again from RMXP already?

VoidEM

Rookie
That's odd. This message only appears when the compiler doesn't finds the plugin installed in the project. Did you tried to delete the PluginScripts file in the Data folder of your main project and then run the game again from RMXP already?
yes, but it still happened(I am using v19 i think)

Last edited:

DeepBlue PacificWaves

yes, but it still happened(I am using v19 i think)
Well, what I can say about this is that the compiler isn't finding Luka's Utilities Script, which is required to use the Plugin. My advice is to download Luka's Utilities Script again, install it in the Plugins folder and try to run the game again from RMXP to while pressing Cntrl.

Other than that, this isn't much a bug of the script, but rather a primary function of the compiler and the plugin manager from the new essentials v19.

Oh, and just a warning. BW Pokédex was recently updated to v19.1, so it will only work with this version.

VoidEM

Rookie
Well, what I can say about this is that the compiler isn't finding Luka's Utilities Script, which is required to use the Plugin. My advice is to download Luka's Utilities Script again, install it in the Plugins folder and try to run the game again from RMXP to while pressing Cntrl.

Other than that, this isn't much a bug of the script, but rather a primary function of the compiler and the plugin manager from the new essentials v19.

Oh, and just a warning. BW Pokédex was recently updated to v19.1, so it will only work with this version.
Ok. Thanks for the help! (Update: as of this evening i updated it from 19 to 19.1 and it is fixed! Thank you!)

Last edited:

Hallow

Novice
I use EBDX and the sprites are super fast can you help me?

Attachments

• Séquence 03.gif
    Séquence 03.gif
    7.4 MB · Views: 208

GuruGuy96

Rookie
[Pokémon Essentials version 19]
[v19 Hotfixes 1.0.5]
[EBDX v1.1.3]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Pokedex BW Style] BW PokedexEntry.rb:553:in `pbScene'
[Pokedex BW Style] BW PokedexEntry.rb:651:in `pbStartScreen'
[Pokedex BW Style] BW PokedexMain.rb:838:in `pbDexEntry'
[Pokedex BW Style] BW PokedexMain.rb:1210:in `block (2 levels) in pbPokedex'
[Pokedex BW Style] BW PokedexMain.rb:1185:in `loop'
[Pokedex BW Style] BW PokedexMain.rb:1185:in `block in pbPokedex'
081:MessageConfig:691:in `pbActivateWindow'
[Pokedex BW Style] BW PokedexMain.rb:1184:in `pbPokedex'
[Pokedex BW Style] BW PokedexMain.rb:1228:in `pbStartScreen'
[Modular Menu] Config.rb:32:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
help??

DeepBlue PacificWaves

Sorry about the late answer folks. I was sort of feeling down and I took some time to recharge my batteries

I use EBDX and the sprites are super fast can you help me?

Sorry, I don't know what it might be. Maybe is just something from the default animated sprite. It's just Zapdos, or did you notice other Pokémons like it?

View attachment 4447

Still cutted but from bottom side now =) (hard to see ik)

Oh, I know about that. I've tried my best to "fit" the regional map between the two bars, and since it only "cuts" some pixels from the borders, I figure it might not be a problem, since not many people would put cities or towns way up in the borders. Do you think it should be different, albeit, it should incorporate the whole map rather than cutting off those pixels from the upper/lower borders?

[Pokémon Essentials version 19]
[v19 Hotfixes 1.0.5]
[EBDX v1.1.3]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Pokedex BW Style] BW PokedexEntry.rb:553:in `pbScene'
[Pokedex BW Style] BW PokedexEntry.rb:651:in `pbStartScreen'
[Pokedex BW Style] BW PokedexMain.rb:838:in `pbDexEntry'
[Pokedex BW Style] BW PokedexMain.rb:1210:in `block (2 levels) in pbPokedex'
[Pokedex BW Style] BW PokedexMain.rb:1185:in `loop'
[Pokedex BW Style] BW PokedexMain.rb:1185:in `block in pbPokedex'
081:MessageConfig:691:in `pbActivateWindow'
[Pokedex BW Style] BW PokedexMain.rb:1184:in `pbPokedex'
[Pokedex BW Style] BW PokedexMain.rb:1228:in `pbStartScreen'
[Modular Menu] Config.rb:32:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
help??

BW Pokédex doesn't work with Essentials v19 anymore. The whole pack was updated to work with Essentials v19.1.

Andydrarch

Rookie
I'm having the same issue with the sprites, too, actually! Sprites are WAY too fast in the dex but nowhere else, it's very bizarre. Wanna emphasize that it's ALL the sprites that are way too fast, and it's only in the dex that this is the case. Summary screen, they move normally, pc box they move normally. So to that other dude, you're not alone ha ha

Last edited:

DeepBlue PacificWaves

I'm having the same issue with the sprites, too, actually! Sprites are WAY too fast in the dex but nowhere else, it's very bizarre. Wanna emphasize that it's ALL the sprites that are way too fast, and it's only in the dex that this is the case. Summary screen, they move normally, pc box they move normally. So to that other dude, you're not alone ha ha
How odd. I'm gonna look more closely at it and I'll see what I can find about it

Hallow

Novice
Sorry about the late answer folks. I was sort of feeling down and I took some time to recharge my batteries

Sorry, I don't know what it might be. Maybe is just something from the default animated sprite. It's just Zapdos, or did you notice other Pokémons like it?

Oh, I know about that. I've tried my best to "fit" the regional map between the two bars, and since it only "cuts" some pixels from the borders, I figure it might not be a problem, since not many people would put cities or towns way up in the borders. Do you think it should be different, albeit, it should incorporate the whole map rather than cutting off those pixels from the upper/lower borders?

BW Pokédex doesn't work with Essentials v19 anymore. The whole pack was updated to work with Essentials v19.1
All the sprites have an increased speed with EBDX, when I don't use it there are the default sprites with no problem so idk what's happening.
And for the regional map I would maybe prefer reducing the size of the map to fit between the borders or adding more space because with my region map it cut my one of my cities.

Kamkam10302005

Novice
I added in a custom dex, and now I get this error every time I try to open it. Does anyone know how to fix this? Also, I'm using the 18.1 version of the script.
---------------------------
Error
Script '[BW PokedexMain]' line 381: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass

from 'BW PokedexMain' line 381 in `pbGetDexList'
from 'BW PokedexMain' line 378 in `each'
from 'BW PokedexMain' line 378 in `pbGetDexList'
from 'BW PokedexMain' line 398 in `pbRefreshDexList'
from 'BW PokedexMain' line 313 in `pbStartScene'
from 'BW PokedexMain' line 1256 in `pbStartScreen'
from 'BW PokedexMenu' line 161 in `pbStartScreen'
from 'BW PokedexMenu' line 158 in `pbFadeOutIn'
from 'BW PokedexMenu' line 162 in `pbStartScreen'
from 'BW PokedexMenu' line 153 in `loop'
from 'BW PokedexMenu' line 163 in `pbStartScreen'
from 'Modular Pause Menu' line 62

Last edited:
I added in a custom dex, and now I get this error every time I try to open it. Does anyone know how to fix this? Also, I'm using the 18.1 version of the script.
Error

This usually happens after changing your dex and then starting an old save. You should start a new save and see if that fixes it.

DeepBlue PacificWaves

All the sprites have an increased speed with EBDX, when I don't use it there are the default sprites with no problem so idk what's happening.
And for the regional map I would maybe prefer reducing the size of the map to fit between the borders or adding more space because with my region map it cut my one of my cities.

Yeah, I'm currently seeing about this Speedy Gonzales Syndrome. About the region map, I'll see what I can do about it.

Error

How odd. It seems to be a bug that happened since the first iteration of the script, but since nobody complained about it, I thought it has been fixed. Let me ask one or two things. Did you define the regional numbers in pokemon.txt PBS? Did you define the region's name and filename in townmap.txt PBS?

Cause the Dex that first appears when you select the Pokédex option is the one from the region you're currently are, and it seems to me from the bug reporter you sent that this glitch it's happening around the code that defines that function.

Back