• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Pokemon University

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldRooker

Rookie
Pokemon University is a first-time project in development, and I'm looking for a little help. If you're willing to put up with a first-time learner, I'd be happy to work with you. Pokemon University uses Pokemon Essentials (version 18.1) and RPGMakerXP.

The Story So Far: You've just enrolled at Casigo University on the Casigo region to become the next Pokemon expert. Casigo is a region rich in a wide variety of Pokemon, making it one of the top locations to study Pokemon. The university hosts a variety of labs and research locations across the region to provide students with a lot of in-the-field research. Your goal is to travel to these labs to learn more about Pokemon (and maybe boast about your own Pokemon knowledge). Along the way, you get recruited into the school's sports team, who send only their best trainers to compete in the Pokemon League challenge. To progress through the league, you'll need to win at the minor league level and the major league level, making for a total of 18 gyms featuring all the types. But beware, your rival school, Cerulean University has also sent their elite team of trainers to take the title.

While it is nice to have fun at college, it isn't going to be all studying and sports. It seems something isn't quite right at the University. Something seems amiss in all these labs. A group calling themselves the Humans for International Peace (Team HIP) believe that more diabolical things are going on behind the scenes. Legendary Pokemon from other regions have gone missing, and it is a bit suspicious that they won't let students go deep into the labs to see more of the research. Maybe they're onto something...

Looking to recruit:
I'm no spriter, unfortunately. I'm hoping to find some talented individuals who might be able to help with overworld, battle, and a handful of back sprites to feature the new characters in the game. The bulk of the work will be in the overworld and battle sprites for characters. Only a handful of back sprites will need to be made for a few scripted double battles.

Team Name/Team Members:
It's just me right now, and I'm doing this in my spare time for fun. I totally understand if you're looking for more serious projects.

Progress/Screenshots:
Screenshot (5).png

The Casigo Campus includes several dorms, a main lab for the research program, a drama program, a trainers program for the sports team, a helpful and convenient library, and of course, the dean's office.

Screenshot (6).png

Meet your rival, Justin, a bit of a know-it-all who thinks he would be a better professor than you.

Screenshot (3).png

Professor Tupelo gives you your first Pokemon at the main campus labs. As you can see, temporary placeholder sprites are being used until character sprites can be made.

Screenshot (4).png

Beldum is one of the three starters available in the game.

Method of Contact: Feel free to DM me here if you are interested.

The game features:
Pokemon from gens 1-8
18 Gyms
An Elite Four and Champion
Contests (aka, the Drama program)
Laboratories (these are places to earn special items for knowing your Pokemon, capture special Pokemon, and find important items for evolutions)
Mega Evolution

Again, I'm still getting my feet wet. If I hear no responses in the usual time for these threads before being archived, I may come back when more events, maps, and such are completed. Just wanted to get a head start on the sprites to help keep things running smoothly.

Last edited:

pizzataco890

Trainer
Pokemon University is a first-time project in development, and I'm looking for a little help. If you're willing to put up with a first-time learner, I'd be happy to work with you. Pokemon University uses Pokemon Essentials (version 18.1) and RPGMakerXP.

The Story So Far: You've just enrolled at Casigo University on the Casigo region to become the next Pokemon expert. Casigo is a region rich in a wide variety of Pokemon, making it one of the top locations to study Pokemon. The university hosts a variety of labs and research locations across the region to provide students with a lot of in-the-field research. Your goal is to travel to these labs to learn more about Pokemon (and maybe boast about your own Pokemon knowledge). Along the way, you get recruited into the school's sports team, who send only their best trainers to compete in the Pokemon League challenge. To progress through the league, you'll need to win at the minor league level and the major league level, making for a total of 18 gyms featuring all the types. But beware, your rival school, Cerulean University has also sent their elite team of trainers to take the title.

While it is nice to have fun at college, it isn't going to be all studying and sports. It seems something isn't quite right at the University. Something seems amiss in all these labs. A group calling themselves the Humans for International Peace (Team HIP) believe that more diabolical things are going on behind the scenes. Legendary Pokemon from other regions have gone missing, and it is a bit suspicious that they won't let students go deep into the labs to see more of the research. Maybe they're onto something...

Looking to recruit:
I'm no spriter, unfortunately. I'm hoping to find some talented individuals who might be able to help with overworld, battle, and a handful of back sprites to feature the new characters in the game. The bulk of the work will be in the overworld and battle sprites for characters. Only a handful of back sprites will need to be made for a few scripted double battles.

Team Name/Team Members:
It's just me right now, and I'm doing this in my spare time for fun. I totally understand if you're looking for more serious projects.

Progress/Screenshots:
View attachment 1114
The Casigo Campus includes several dorms, a main lab for the research program, a drama program, a trainers program for the sports team, a helpful and convenient library, and of course, the dean's office.

View attachment 1115
Meet your rival, Justin, a bit of a know-it-all who thinks he would be a better professor than you.

View attachment 1116
Professor Tupelo gives you your first Pokemon at the main campus labs. As you can see, temporary placeholder sprites are being used until character sprites can be made.

View attachment 1117
Beldum is one of the three starters available in the game.

Method of Contact: Feel free to DM me here if you are interested.

The game features:
Pokemon from gens 1-8
18 Gyms
An Elite Four and Champion
Contests (aka, the Drama program)
Laboratories (these are places to earn special items for knowing your Pokemon, capture special Pokemon, and find important items for evolutions)
Mega Evolution

Again, I'm still getting my feet wet. If I hear no responses in the usual time for these threads before being archived, I may come back when more events, maps, and such are completed. Just wanted to get a head start on the sprites to help keep things running smoothly.
Let me know if you need any testers this game sounds so cool. btw if you want to know which games i tested here is a few. pokemon daybreak, Pokemon Etherean Dreams, Pokemoen Reworld and Pokemon blackcrystal.

OldRooker

Rookie
I'll keep that in mind. Things are still in the very early stages right now, so I'm not looking that far ahead just yet.

OldRooker

Rookie
Bumping this up after 10 days. Also, it's a good time to showcase updates in case you're still on the fence about joining. These past few days have seen some minor progress. I've been recoloring and working with some new tilesets to really class up the campus. You can see the new campus colors in the first post. I've also been working on some sprites of my own. These are just placeholders that satisfy my needs, and will exist in case I find no takers for helping with the sprite work. They're passable, but that's only because when I play Pokemon games, I didn't come for the characters. I came for the Pokemon. So, they'll do for a project just for my own amusement, but I would really appreciate the help to really help make this look like a more polished project for a release. Anyway, here's the monstrosities I've come up with:

introOak.png

Professor Tupelo, the head of the research department at Casigo University.

introBoy.png
introGirl.png

Meet our protagonists. Their canon names are Pierre and Marie (after the Curies), but you'll be able to freely name them yourself.

At the moment, I'm busy reworking the positioning and backsprites for the Pokemon, but that's just a lot of behind the scenes work. I'm also creating new overworld sprites for my protagonist characters. Fingers crossed, I'll have more to say that I've accomplished in the next few days. But please, these sprites are only so-so, if not downright terrible. If you want to help make this project shine, I'd be happy to hear from you.

OldRooker

Rookie
Bump! Still looking for spriters to help make the characters for this game. During this 10-day interval, I was busy working on the overworld sprite set for the boy character. You can see the new changes in the pictures on the original post. Still working on repositioning backsprites (finally got through all the Alcremie forms!) and just little odds and ends at the moment until I make the placeholder character sprites I need for the beginning of the game. If you're interested, please don't hesitate to DM me here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back