• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Creative June Fakeathon 2017

Pixel Profligate

Lazy Artist
Alrighty, I'm just gonna post mine here instead of other places, soo...

SyscKJJ.png

Dreadnaut
Water/Steel

This pretty boy here is Dreadnaut, the Deep Sea Knight Crab. Dreadnauts are known to often dual each other, using their large pincer's for attacking, and their hard chitin armor to protect themselves. The more battle damage a Dreadnaut has on its' chitin, the more other Dreadnaut's respect it.

Mozart

Annoying Twit
Pardon my Kalosian but holy shuckles dude, that's a way way cooler crab knight than I did, I would absolutely run a Pokemon like this in a game if it existed.

Involuntary Twitch

Pixel Artist & Writer
DBW_2DXVwAESMaL.png:large

Day 2 : Dragon

Lizzle [fire]
The Heat Scale Pokémon
The color of its scales changes based on its internal body temperature. It is believed that they use the shifting hues to communicate with each other.

-(lv16)->

Sizzlisk [fire/dragon]
The Lava Lizard Pokémon
Its constantly shifting colors are mesmerizing. Staring at them for too long can put one in a trance. It uses this ability to stun enemies and then lashes them with its blazing hot tongue.

-(lv36)->

Chamelava [fire/dragon]
The Endotherm Pokémon
Found very rarely in volcanic regions, it has boiling hot lava in place of blood. Its color-changing scales insulate its heat so completely that it is only mildly warm to the touch.

Special thanks to @Evan for help with the names!

Phoenixsong

mulberry ambush
These were totally (mostly) done on the correct days! Totally.

Not going for anything polished here; mostly I'm just using this as an excuse to brainstorm and experiment with some revamps and some fakedex spots I've been dancing around rather than actually filling. Still, for something extremely rough and extremely subject to change, they turned out kinda okay, I guess?

tumblr_oqye5wUSMl1qj44zxo1_1280.png

Pure fighting 580-tier legendary. I still have no idea what I want to do with this thing's design. The final one (whenever I get around to it) is probably going to look super different? Or maybe not????
tumblr_oqyejfOgMy1qj44zxo1_1280.png

piggy bank dragon friend okay thank you good night

Last edited:

misterinkwell

Rookie
So I may or may not have made an account just to do these, lmao. You get days 1 - 3 together as the final evolutions of a trio of starters.
WOHHYJh.png

First is a Water/Ghost swordfish knight. It starts out as a bright-eyed baby fish squire, but somewhere along the way it became consumed with the lust for glory and now roams the oceans even in death looking for worthy opponents.
Second is a Grass/Dark dragon based heavily around snapdragon seedpods, which if you didn't know, look remarkably like screaming skulls. It has more snapdragon heads at lower stages but as it ages a single head takes over and subsumes the others.
Third is a Fire/Bug princess who is a fire ant with a little bit of leafcutter thrown in. Starting as a lowly grub, she grows into an elegant fiery leader. She chooses her successor by bestowing her leaf favor upon them.

Kimothy

Rookie
I have been working away at these in my sketchbook, but I want to work them up into final designs before I post them!

Here's my design for Day One, Knight. It's based on the Scaly Foot Snail, which has a shell made of iron and the soft part of the body is covered in iron plates which reminded me of chain mail. You can read more about it here. Its a poison/steel type which eats and absorbs metal to create its armour. It also takes a little inspiration from the likes of Monty Python and the Holy Grail (I DID try to attempt a Black Knight design but sadly it didn't work out). It would use moves like Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Poison Jab, Iron Defence, maybe even Shell Smash?

tumblr_ooxkvqcA7w1qlwq3ao2_r1_1280.png

EDIT: Their names are Shellter and Turretrail. Thanks to Dawn Bronze for the latter!

Last edited:

Involuntary Twitch

Pixel Artist & Writer
Ah, I'm late to my own challenge!
...Not really. The truth is, I've been doing them every day, but because I have to post across 3 different websites (Twitter, DA and Tumblr), sometimes I forget about RC too... my apologies! Hope you enjoy these new fakes :)

fakeathon_day_3___princess_by_involuntary_twitch-dbbh438.png

Jellibelle [water]
The Jellyfish Pokémon
Its body is comprised of a soft, gelatinous substance. Touching its tentacles without protection will deliver a sharp sting.

Aquariell [water/poison]
The Sea Princess Pokémon
It is capable of deftly manipulating its many tentacles as though they were hands. To prevent from drying out on land, it stores water inside of its bell.

Medusella [water/poison]
The Royal Majesty Pokémon
Due to its beauty and rarity, it used to be illegal for commoners to own. Its paralyzing neurotoxin can fell a full-grown Gyarados in under a minute.

tumblr_or1lzj7YlA1qicw59o1_500.png

Faunling [fairy]
The Changeling Pokémon
Occasionally, a human child will go missing and Faunling will appear in its place. It has a curious, innocent demeanor, often copying traits and habits from the child it has replaced. No-one knows where the vanished children go.

Evolves into ???

fakeathon_day_5_6___goblin___ogre_by_involuntary_twitch-dbbtw8d.png

Sharblin [dark]
The Sharp Nose Pokémon
Its enormous nose gives it a keen sense of smell. It is able to detect the scent of blood from up to a mile away. They attack in packs with razor-sharp teeth, but are somewhat frail on their own.

Evolves at Lv. 39

Shargore [dark/fighting]
The Savage Pokémon
Every part of its body is a deadly weapon, from its sharp claws and teeth to its bladed tail. Fortunately, they are usually too busy warring among themselves to menace other people or Pokémon.

fakeathon_day_7___rat_by_involuntary_twitch-dbbz6xw.png

Ratoon [normal]
The Doodle Pokémon
Rumor has it they emerged one day out of an animation cell. Everywhere it touches, it leaves a spot of black ink behind. They infest artists’ studios and leave trails of inky footprints all over the blank canvasses.

Phoenixsong

mulberry ambush
3 and 4 are still a little too unfinished even by my standards, so here, have 5 through 7 instead.

tumblr_or5q3yPvBO1qj44zxo1_1280.png

5 and 6 together in an evolution line, pure fighting-type. This is probably one of the oldest concepts I'll be working on this June, although their original designs were more or less only half-finished and these are already a lot better. There's also a middle stage, thugbear, but I was already kinda rushing and there was no "bugbear" prompt anyway, so :P

tumblr_or8hkhYpxz1qj44zxo1_1280.png

A psychic rat king! Not actually supposed to have three completely different rat-bodies; I just figured I'd try something different for each one because I'm not sure which I prefer. I'm not 100% satisfied with anything, so no matter which direction I go in it'll probably need more work, and also some resizing and such because wow that is just atrocious use of whitespace. Bigger knot-brain that's a bit more in the background, maybe.

Probably should have tried taking pictures with my phone before today...they did not turn out as I hoped.

Anyways, here's my elf Fakemon!
tumblr_orags6IEXf1w5miaho1_1280.jpg
It's a pure Grass-type, and its design was intend to primarily play off the idea of elves being forest creatures-these Pokemon hide inside forests and form armor for themselves from fallen branches and the like. They're protected by the forest, and they try to protect it in return.

What originally sparked the idea for this line for me was the observation that the Metal Coat is the only type-boosting held item that would also induce evolution, and I wanted to change that! So the idea was that these Pokemon could evolve into a Grass/Fairy type (going for more of the fairy tale sort of elves) by holding a petal from a fairy ring. (which would be the Fairy-type boosting held item) Sadly, I haven't quite gotten that design to a stage I'm happy with, but I have sprited the petal!
tumblr_orags6IEXf1w5miaho3_75sq.png

Now if I could just manage to freaking upscale this...

But! This line is actually intended to be a split evo line! If it levels up holding a Charcoal instead, the Pokemon becomes infuriated at the thought of the many trees lost to forest fires, and instead evolves into a Ghost/Fire type!
tumblr_orags6IEXf1w5miaho2_1280.jpg
(Not too happy with the head, but I'm pretty pleased with how those arms are turning out!)

MadDeodorant

Insert internet reference here
Ah, I'm late to my own challenge!
...Not really. The truth is, I've been doing them every day, but because I have to post across 3 different websites (Twitter, DA and Tumblr), sometimes I forget about RC too... my apologies! Hope you enjoy these new fakes :)

fakeathon_day_3___princess_by_involuntary_twitch-dbbh438.png

Jellibelle [water]
The Jellyfish Pokémon
Its body is comprised of a soft, gelatinous substance. Touching its tentacles without protection will deliver a sharp sting.

Aquariell [water/poison]
The Sea Princess Pokémon
It is capable of deftly manipulating its many tentacles as though they were hands. To prevent from drying out on land, it stores water inside of its bell.

Medusella [water/poison]
The Royal Majesty Pokémon
Due to its beauty and rarity, it used to be illegal for commoners to own. Its paralyzing neurotoxin can fell a full-grown Gyarados in under a minute.

tumblr_or1lzj7YlA1qicw59o1_500.png

Faunling [fairy]
The Changeling Pokémon
Occasionally, a human child will go missing and Faunling will appear in its place. It has a curious, innocent demeanor, often copying traits and habits from the child it has replaced. No-one knows where the vanished children go.

Evolves into ???

fakeathon_day_5_6___goblin___ogre_by_involuntary_twitch-dbbtw8d.png

Sharblin [dark]
The Sharp Nose Pokémon
Its enormous nose gives it a keen sense of smell. It is able to detect the scent of blood from up to a mile away. They attack in packs with razor-sharp teeth, but are somewhat frail on their own.

Evolves at Lv. 39

Shargore [dark/fighting]
The Savage Pokémon
Every part of its body is a deadly weapon, from its sharp claws and teeth to its bladed tail. Fortunately, they are usually too busy warring among themselves to menace other people or Pokémon.

fakeathon_day_7___rat_by_involuntary_twitch-dbbz6xw.png

Ratoon [normal]
The Doodle Pokémon
Rumor has it they emerged one day out of an animation cell. Everywhere it touches, it leaves a spot of black ink behind. They infest artists’ studios and leave trails of inky footprints all over the blank canvasses.

"Ratoon and the Ink Machine"?

NuclearOmega

AHHHHHHHHHH
Yo I love seeing everyone's interpretation of each day! I've been playing catch-up the last few days, so here's a week's worth of mine:

Day 2: Dragon
DBXjHZeUQAA2YBP.jpg:large

Ghrold, the Gharial Pokemon
Ghrold are often spotted swimming near sunken treasure, so it makes treasure hunting a breeze once you find a pack of Ghrold. It's not all that easy though, as they will charge in & snap at anything that enters their domain. Their scales are a lustrous treasure in of itself, too.
Greerial, the Greedy Gharial Pokemon
Upon evolution, Greerial are consumed by greed. Gone are their golden scales, & in their place? An envious green. They swipe all possessions of worthy market value, & store it in their long jaws to hoard in their caves deep underwater.
Day 3: Princess
DBd-vwZUAAAMZjm.jpg:large

Belledelda, the Silent Princess Pokemon
Sorta based on the Silent Princess flower from Breath of the Wild, Belledelda hum tunes that can soothe even the angriest of gamers.
Day 4: Fairy
DBifralUQAEg2eb.jpg

Floosty, the Dust Bunny Pokemon
Floosty hide under sofas & other such furniture in homes, but the fairy dust they sprinkle whenever they make the slightest movement will lead right to them.
Day 5: Goblin
DByYd-XV0AAGFEP.jpg

Bobblin, the Berry Farmer Pokemon
During nightfall, when everyone's asleep, Bobblin gather 'round berry patches to plant new berries. They're rather mischievous as they gobble up the berries that were there, & replace them with their own. They steal & craft their own tools out of berries.
Day 6: Ogre
DBycWW4U0AAH_de.jpg

Frozoni, the Darn Cold Ogre Pokemon
Frozoni live in frozen swamps isolated from society. Beware signs lead a path to their homes.
Day 7: Rat
DB2rF2pV0AAsEq-.jpg

Rollirat, the Roller Pokemon
Born in a roller-skate, Rollirat survive by balancing life's hardships, all with a winning smile.

Skarat, the sk8ter boi Pokemon
Skarat skate to their hearts content, anytime, anywhere,-- even if it's against the law! They speed by & cut corners quick using their tail.

Radirat, the Rad Pokemon
Radirat are too cool to be caught, so you pretty much have to use a Master Ball if you want it. Their speed is unmatched, as they grind & ollie off their tails, & pull off some pretty sick moves.
Day 8: Wizard
DB5DLU2VYAAPr0h.jpg:large

Sapprini, the Sapling Pokemon
Sapprini anchor themselves to act like branches on trees. A tree decorated in glowing eyes means you shouldn't be there.

Solceree, the Sorcerer Pokemon
Feeling fatigued while taking a stroll through the spooky part of the forest? Solceree's got its eye on you. If you thought that's bad, gazing into a Solceree's eye is even worse! A calm species, they prefer the damp, darkness of the deep, forest life, but will turn violent & speedy at the sight of sunlight.

Phoenixsong

mulberry ambush
Days 8 and 10. No day 9 for now because the line I'm trying to redesign is pain and I want to throw something and aaaaargh.

tumblr_or9dgeYt4D1qj44zxo1_1280.png

Aaaaaand I'm already annoyed with the design I started for this trio. We'll see whether the new idea I came up with works any better when the third one rolls around.

tumblr_ordbwrhDhE1qj44zxo1_1280.png

This guy I kinda like, though! Still gotta mess with the colors, but pretty enjoyable, I think. Definitely better than my earlier attempts to get it right. Steel/fairy.

Day 19: Gnome
tumblr_orttak9VLS1w5miaho1_1280.jpg
I was trying to go for something that combined the two basic ideas of a garden gnome-pointy red hat, looks nice in a garden-while also trying to make something else. This Pokemon is actually just the crystal inside of the rock-its adults bury small crystals into rocks that will give them the best protection. As the crystal expands, it breaks out of the rock to form limbs-and that funny spike on top that looks like a hat. These Pokemon are commonly placed in gardens not only because of their appearance, but also because they make a nice security system for petty burglars-they look just like a lawn ornament, and can sneak up on intruders!

...And then I realized that it's a little too similar to Moston of Ethereal Gates. (not helped by the fact that Moston is formed from moss controlling a mass of boulders)

Another angle I was considering was a red-capped mushroom that took over something-maybe that elf line?-but we've already got the Paras line, so I skipped it.

Phoenixsong

mulberry ambush
I've still been keeping up with this, mostly! Day 4 is still in need of tweaking and I still want to punch 9, 11, 12 and 13 until they stop looking like random scribbles and start looking like things, but I've just been lazy about posting the others, is all! Big art dump incoming, then:

tumblr_orxlg9TBPF1qj44zxo1_1280.png

This was supposed to be day 3 (princess), but it was one of the ones that never got beyond ugly test thumbnails until I tried something different today and finally liked it. It's a legendary that goes with all the other ones I've been posting and will post yet more of today, although it's actually brand-new as opposed to being an old idea that I just hadn't puzzled out yet. Not sure on type, but for now we'll say fairy/flying.

tumblr_orxln6tOj61qj44zxo1_1280.png

lol I didn't know what else to do for day 14. Rock/fire or something, maybe?

tumblr_ormlq74hFg1qj44zxo1_1280.png

This guy (armor, D15) goes with concaladin (knight, D1) and merlizeer (wizard, D8). Like I said, I was already annoyed with the weird angry boring toothpick look, so I figured I'd try something a little beefier and a little bit more reptilian (for reasons that may or may not be apparent later, idk). Granted, this guy would be beefier than the other two anyway because it's the defensive one, etc., etc.. Pure dark-type.

tumblr_orxlxuNfN21qj44zxo1_1280.png

Their majesties. Dragon/dark and dragon/psychic. These are the big 680 things that go with concaladin/merlizeer/gardizade's 580. Tyregnos and concaladin having the same colors was an accident; tyregnos had them first (these two actually did have old art but I thought I'd take these prompts as an excuse to try some tweaks... not all of which I'm satisfied with, but eh) and I completely spaced when I picked concaladin's colors. I mean, all of these guys having black and white in their color schemes is definitely intentional, but the red and gold was a mistake. Oops! Oh, well, like I said, I don't like concaladin's design very much anymore anyway, so whenever I redraw it it'll just get new colors, too.

tumblr_orxm6m4dGa1qj44zxo1_1280.png

I figured plenty of people were gonna do cool swords-and-stones kind of things for the Excalibur prompt and that I didn't need to add on to the pile, so I tried a Lady in the Lake deal instead. (Which is technically more correct anyway, iirc? I think the sword that was in the stone in the original Arthurian myths was called Clarent, not Excalibur?) Water/something. I don't like the sword-arm as-is; it needs to be longer, or else I might try a sword tail instead.

tumblr_orxmcbbl6R1qj44zxo1_400.png

Boop. Probably fairy, or normal, or fairy/normal, or something. I kind of want to evolve this dweeb into a nasty little redcap.

tumblr_orxmg1qPHM1qj44zxo1_500.png

Some kind of evil smart mirror thing, I guess? Mirror, mirror, on the wall, is it cold out today or can I skip the jacket? Steel/electric. Needs something on the mirror frame, although idk, maybe just some proper metallic highlights will be enough.

tumblr_orxmko8oQq1qj44zxo1_1280.png

I didn't have any original fox fake ideas that I was interested in, but I had tossed around the idea of creating a mega Alolan ninetales to go with the regular mega ninetales I'd made some time ago, just for fun. So, here! Wheeeee!

Back