• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Just Some Hi-Res Ultra Beast Sprites (192x192)

Resource Just Some Hi-Res Ultra Beast Sprites (192x192) 2017-05-18

inkbug

doing his best
artcanary submitted a new resource:

Just Some Hi-Res Ultra Beast Sprites (192x192) - 96x96 sprites coming with the next update

137_may_18_ultra_yeasts_by_flygoneffect413-db9ou1m.png

• THESE SPRITES ARE, at full res, 192 by 192! therefore, they aren't exactly compatible with the other sprites from the games.
  • A 96 by 96 set is incoming, but no date yet. I'll update when it is!
  • Most notably, I had to make some slight design alterations due to the amount of complexity allowed in pixels and my patience. They aren't perfect, but they're...

Read more about this resource...

inkbug

doing his best
Those are great looking sprites! you have great shading and the sprite work is totally spot on!
A question though, is there any particular reason you decided to make a high res version instead of the traditional version? Was it just easier?
Regardless those are terrific sprites!
Yeah, just easiness was part of it. These are pretty complicated designs, and starting that small was making my head hurt. There are a few other specific reasons, though. Mostly because this is for an unannounced project that is intended to be at full resolution rather than Essentials' traditional 1/2 scale. More info on that thing when it happens, I guess?

I am planning on doing 96 x 96 sprites next, in addition to back battle sprites and shinies.

And thanks, I'm glad you like them!!

Radical Raptr

Bug Maniac
Yeah, just easiness was part of it. These are pretty complicated designs, and starting that small was making my head hurt. There are a few other specific reasons, though. Mostly because this is for an unannounced project that is intended to be at full resolution rather than Essentials' traditional 1/2 scale. More info on that thing when it happens, I guess?

I am planning on doing 96 x 96 sprites next, in addition to back battle sprites and shinies.

And thanks, I'm glad you like them!!
a full resolution game is pretty tough! there was/is a project that was going on to try and make the full dex of poekmon in full resolution, so if you haven't heard of it you might want to look for that, unless thats what inspired you!

But yeah, starting like that makes the most sense, especially since there's a lot that goes into making complicated designs, but making a small step like that towards traditional sized sprites is a very smart move! I can't wait to see what you come up with! It certainly wont be easy, you might have to come up with unique poses to get the to fit!

Good luck on your project, and thanks for the resource! It looks great!

Phi-Bi

Novice
These are great! I really like your coloring and shading. Even though there are some jaggies, it's really good. This makes me miss that High-Res Project back in old Relic. Looking forward for your project too ^^

Rhyden

Shuckle Kheen
As different as it is from the other UBs, I love the lighting on Guzzlord. He looks like he has spotlights on him as if he were a monster in some Godzilla movie. But Nihilego and Xurkitree have the most consistent and smoothest lighting so I'm gonna have to say that they're my favorites here. But they're all really nice! You did a great job, especially since they're traces from in-game!

inkbug

doing his best
As different as it is from the other UBs, I love the lighting on Guzzlord. He looks like he has spotlights on him as if he were a monster in some Godzilla movie. But Nihilego and Xurkitree have the most consistent and smoothest lighting so I'm gonna have to say that they're my favorites here. But they're all really nice! You did a great job, especially since they're traces from in-game!
Thanks!! It was tough to get the texture on Xurkitree right, but it turned out okay!
The shading on Guzzlord is mostly because I based it off of the shading in its official art:
guzzlord.jpg
.. which looks like it's being lit from the glowy thing in its stomach! I thought it looked really cool and would work in the sprite format. ^^'

Djaco75

MasterMind
Really good sprites! I love the detail you've added. I know how hard it is to create Ultra-Beast sprites; they're just so intricate and detailed.

If you do decide to continue spriting, I can't wait to see what you do. For now, I'll be using this in a future game I would like to create.

Thanks so much!

inkbug

doing his best
Really good sprites! I love the detail you've added. I know how hard it is to create Ultra-Beast sprites; they're just so intricate and detailed.

If you do decide to continue spriting, I can't wait to see what you do. For now, I'll be using this in a future game I would like to create.

Thanks so much!
Thanks so much to you!! I'll have the 96x96 sprites done next time I can get myself to work on them, haha

Back