• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Forêt Éternelle

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Demo
Project Version
FE_Logo 1.png

Hello trainer and welcome on the Forêt Éternelle (FR) fangame's thread! 🌲

Non-profit Pokémon RPG launched in 2012 during a discussion between friends.
Forêt Éternelle is an independent game created by fans for fans.

Play now

button_play_en.png
Join the community on Discord!

Our goal?
Renew with the codes that have made the franchise so successful and offer players a unique video game experience. Based on the anime, the video games and the manga Pokémon: The Great Adventure, we hope to create a Fan Game with a more mature atmosphere, with a storyline that wants to be as worked as possible.

draphorius.png

Draphorius, main legendary of the game

Main characters

Yana.png
Swan.png

Yana & Swan

Pokémon starters
722.png
725.png
728.png

Smettle, Pachyball & Squini
Which one will you choose?

Live an exciting adventure!

screen1_en.png

Battle trainers from many regions of the game

Young Pokémon trainer looking for adventure, you take part in the junior tournament held at Pallet Town. But on your triumphant return, mom and dad are not there to congratulate you. Even more curious, a mysterious letter addressed to you is on the floor of your room. You learn that your parents have been kidnapped and that you’re asked to meet one of the kidnappers after dark. A man in black will be waiting for you. Although his intentions are vague you understand that you have no choice: you must cooperate if you want to see your parents alive.

This will mark the beginning of an undercover mission to the country’s largest criminal organization: Team Rocket. Who knows what terrible secrets Team Rocket is hiding? And why do the thugs who kidnapped your family ask you to collaborate with their dark business? Between morale and duty, you have to choose... and above all act carefully!

Traveling through the Kanto Region, passing by the Orange Archipelago and much more, you will meet incredible Pokémon and face famous trainers...

screen2_en.png

Collect badges from their gyms!

A new gameplay!
screen3_en.png

Enjoy new user interfaces & new battle backgrounds!
  • 720p Screen Resolution: The game interfaces are realized in a native screen resolution of 720p
  • High Resolution Graphics: Due to the screen’s resolution, we will have to work on bigger assets then improving them
  • New Pokémon: Forêt Éternelle has a brand new Pokémon generation with 179 Fakemon
  • Main Menu like old RPG ones
  • PokéNav: Very early in the game, the player has a device that combines several features
  • An original Skill Tree: By choosing among three available branches, you can personalize your gameplay
  • Karma: The player's choices & the completed quests allow the player to vary (in positive as in negative) his Karma rate
  • Day Care monitoring: The Poké-Nav allows you to monitor your Pokémon placed at the Day Care remotely
  • AI & Difficulty: It’s important to remember that the game will be more strategic. Trainers’ classes influence the AI’s reactivity & logic
  • Side Quests: Side quests that give your more content & strengthen the Lore of our little monsters
Technologies
  • Game Engine: Pokémon SDK & the LiteRGSS (Ruby 3.0.0)
  • Default game screen size: 1280x720 pixels
  • Audio management library: FMOD
  • Map editing: Tiled
  • Game data editing: Pokémon Studio
  • Game events editing: RPG Maker XP
Follow us on the medias for upcoming news & more visuals!

Game Credits

Pokémon Forêt Éternelle

© 2012-2023 Pokémon Forêt Éternelle
© 1995-2023 Nintendo
© 1995-2023 Creatures Inc.
© 1995-2023 Game Freak Inc.

Visuals, names & brands of the official locations & Pokémon are the property of Nintendo, Creatures Inc. & Game Freak Inc.
Visuals, names, environments & datas (Pokémon and stuff like that...) created for the game, including game, storyline, original musics & program copyrights are reserved by Forêt Éternelle & are the property of their authors.
All reproductions, even partial, are prohibited.​

Attachments

• FE_Logo.png
    FE_Logo.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 29,233
Last edited:

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
This looks incredible,
I’m a little sceptical about trying to make Pokémon games have a dark story line but I will be playing this one!

ShinyMissingno

??? Pokémon
Oh, this.... now THIS look interesting~ 100% gonna give this a try once it's out. Just looking over that first post has me excited already, oh MAN.
Also, weirdly in love with the water starter. Precious baby.

Aerun

Pixel Beartist
This. Is. Dope.
I can't wait for this to be released!!!

Thanks! :D

This looks incredible,
I’m a little sceptical about trying to make Pokémon games have a dark story line but I will be playing this one!

Thanks again! Yeah I understand that and I agree. But hopefully that won't be a d4rksasuke story line haha. More mature but with some humor, some serious topics & stuff like that. Hope you'll enjoy it!

Oh, this.... now THIS look interesting~ 100% gonna give this a try once it's out. Just looking over that first post has me excited already, oh MAN.
Also, weirdly in love with the water starter. Precious baby.

Oh god a Shiny Missingno! Gotta catch it! Thanks a lot! Squini is such an interesting choice :D

Aerun

Pixel Beartist
Hey guys prepare to face Brock, the Rock-type Gym Leader on Forêt Éternelle !

JIelu7wErQt_brock-insta.png

🖌️ TheFearFear
🖥 Aerun
©️ Forêt Éternelle

Aerun

Pixel Beartist
Silver will be on Forêt Éternelle, trainer! Are you ready to face him? 🔗

JJiuT2POkNh_silver-insta.png

🖌 TheFearFear
🖥 Aerun
©️ Forêt Éternelle​

Aerun

Pixel Beartist
Hey trainers! We're proud to release the first fully live recorded song by Kunning Fox! 🦊

Make sure to follow & support him: http://******/KunningFox

This is a revised version of the Wild! Battle Theme that Kunning Fox wrote for the game.

Special thanks for the incredible performance to the following artists:

Strings (Violins, Violas, Celli): Elizabeth Lister - twitter.com/elister_violin
Brass (Trumpets, Trombones, French Horns): Will Allen Jr. - www.youtube.com/channel/UCMknYrDOrHk1AsP5UcqZesg
Woodwinds (Piccolo, Flute): Davide Bonomo - www.youtube.com/user/bonflute03
Piano: Kirill (k33rya) - www.instagram.com/_keerya/
Harp: Lishan Tan - www.youtube.com/channel/UCBBy6FXb2H-scG9JHpPFreg
Bass & Rhythm Guitars: Artem (boor_metal) - www.fiverr.com/boor_metal
Drumkit: Silvio Centamore - www.youtube.com/user/SilvioCenta
Glockenspiel & Timpani: Elisa Lencioni - www.fiverr.com/elisalencioni

See you soon for some game characters release! 🌲

Last edited:

Aerun

Pixel Beartist
Your efforts have paid off, trainers! 👏 Thanks to the 100 ⏰ reactions reached, Prof Oak was able to progress efficiently in his research, and a new creature has been discovered! Daifetch'd, the Farfetch'd evolution, enters the Forêt Éternelle's dex. ⛩️

JKznu7MvVfh_847-insta2-en.png

🖌️ @mathias_loughlin
🖥️ Aerun
©️ Forêt Éternelle 🌲

Aerun

Pixel Beartist
Hey trainers ! 🌲

A small overview of the work done last months:

🔹 Big step forward on the Main Menu programming. As a reminder, we have a single block menu with 13 different interfaces, like classic RPGs. Main ones are there, and are working well. Our programmers are geniuses!

🔹 With Jayzon, we worked on the User Experience (UX) of interfaces. We mainly use green & yellow, and we wanted to work on accessibility, especially for people with color blindness. A very good way to improve readability, colors, contrast. Many interfaces are already created, so it was only a matter of replacing resources, and possibly adjusting things.

🔹 Regarding graphics resources, when we decide to go on a larger resolution (720p), that requires adaptations. But we have made great progress! You've already had a large overview of the Characters & Pokémon made by the team, but what about internal resources? Our Pixel Artists did a great job too! You'll find just after the resource percentages of the elements found in the demo.

📦 100% of the items menu icons.
🦋 91% of the Official Pokémon sprites & 86% of the Fakemon ones.
🐌 40% of the Pokémon menu icons.
🐾 0% of the Fakemon's overworlds. Starters are coming!

🔹 Event Making already well started! Maps have been done with Tiled, so let's go! We are therefore at more than 70% of the main plot's Event Making. We will make side quests & NPC just after that.

We'll continue to work with the goal of having a fully functional Main Menu for March. Then things will follow!
In any case, alpha is coming. Brace yourselves.

The Forêt Éternelle team 🌲

Aerun

Pixel Beartist
Hi trainers!

Today is the big day!

annonce_beta_FR_1.png

THE RELEASE OF THE FIRST FORÊT ETERNELLE BETA
Let's play, stream, watch the game, share your experiences on Discord!
Let's celebrate the release of the game with the code FEINBETA2022 to use as a Mystery Gift available at Viridian City!

LET'S GO to the 🔗・download channel on our Discord !

🖥️ CheveuxMan
©️ Forêt Éternelle

SunGoddess23

Cooltrainer
I'm curious I've been watching HeroVoltsy's playthrough of the demo and I've started playing it myself but I'm wondering what the shiny odds are and can the starters be shiny hunted, though I know they probably won't have their sprites showing right now since you are still working on that but it will be nice to have them or at least know.

Faendra

Rookie
I'm curious I've been watching HeroVoltsy's playthrough of the demo and I've started playing it myself but I'm wondering what the shiny odds are and can the starters be shiny hunted, though I know they probably won't have their sprites showing right now since you are still working on that but it will be nice to have them or at least know.
There is no shiny lock in the game ;)

Back