• Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly! You can learn how to add images to your posts here.

Released Pokemon Academy

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Into
Hi All, Pokemon Academy is a project I started earlier this year.
For each fan game I make I like to focus on something a little differen't and so this time I wanted to try a small scale game which focused on limited area for exporation but include a functioning story.
I also wanted a game which didn't focus on the standard collect badges and beat the evil team so I needed to think of something else in terms of achievements to represent progression.
The resulting game came together as Pokemon Academy.

With that being said please do keep in mind it is a very early Alpha demo and there are a lot of things missing.
Characters will have default sprites from the essentials pack as placeholders but are set to change.

Plot
Join the Pokemon Academy and progress through the story with the day by day feature (Ingame not real time).
Explore the academy campus, attend lessons, take on a few side quests and most importantly battle to earn points and become the top of your class by entering tournaments along the way.

Features
- Daily ingame cycle which allows you to progress to the next stage of the game
- Daily lessons to attend as you would at a normal school/academy but with a focus on Pokemon
- A selection of Pokemon from Generations 1 - 8 (Pokedex is not yet complete as this is only a demo)
- Updated Movepools
- New Moves
- Valo Regional Forms

Progress
Currently the Game is in it's alpha state but with very limited testing I'd like some feedback before continuing the development of the game to make sure things are all working as they should.
Again as an early alpha the game is missing a few extra side quests which are all planned out and will be implemented at a later date if feedback is good.
As previously mentioned placeholder sprites are being used for various characters in the game for now.

Download Link
Pokemon Academy Download Link

Screenshots
CPfdXM5.png

Credits:
Credits
Created by Charizardthree
Twitter: @PKMN_NOVA

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy<s>MiDas Mike
Brother1440<s>Near Fantastica
FL.<s>PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami<s>Popper
help-14<s>Rataime
IceGod64<s>SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock<s>the__end
KitsuneKouta<s>Venom12
Lisa Anthony<s>Wachunga
and everyone else who helped out

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

Credits for the Gen 6 Project:
Project Organization:
WorldSlayer

Pokemon Sprites:
http://www.pkparaiso.com/
/u/sicns
/u/Evolemon

Pokemon Icons:
Pikachumazzinga

Gen 7 overworld sprites
sagedeoxys
https://www.deviantart.com/sagedeoxys/art/Wimpod-Spritesheet-788412849

PBS file editing:
mej71
karstictrainer
WorldSlayer
TheDeKay
viperk1
SunakazeKun
Radical Raptr
RPD490
Takyon!
Pokegod7020

Research:
Drakath569
Florio
MrDeepDarkMind
snooper117

Last edited:

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
I love the color palettes of your tileset!

Please remember to credit all who helped create Pokemon Essentials! The full list can be found in the Scene_Credits script.

Oh thank you I forgot to do this!
I've now added them to the credits list.

Also thanks the tileset has been a work in progress for a while!

chins4tw

Rookie
Loving this game, I'm always entertained by games that don't follow the basic "collect 8 badges around the region while beating up the bad guy team".

One thing I think is a bug is that I caught an Abra and even though I used the Poke center in Academy Village when I use Abras teleport outside of battle it still takes me to my dorm room.

Edit: So i'm not sure if I'm softlocked or just lost but I just finished a lesson and when I try to go to bed it says "it is too early to sleep" and when I talk to the teacher he says to introduce myself to the teachers at the staff dorms. Problem is I think I soft locked myself by completing the Smeargle side quest early because there is only the one teacher in the upper left dorm room saying thanks for the help and that doesn't let me progress. Is this the end of the current Demo or am I locked, also the trainer with the Machop and Tyrogue has disappeared.

Last edited:

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
Loving this game, I'm always entertained by games that don't follow the basic "collect 8 badges around the region while beating up the bad guy team".

One thing I think is a bug is that I caught an Abra and even though I used the Poke center in Academy Village when I use Abras teleport outside of battle it still takes me to my dorm room.

Edit: So i'm not sure if I'm softlocked or just lost but I just finished a lesson and when I try to go to bed it says "it is too early to sleep" and when I talk to the teacher he says to introduce myself to the teachers at the staff dorms. Problem is I think I soft locked myself by completing the Smeargle side quest early because there is only the one teacher in the upper left dorm room saying thanks for the help and that doesn't let me progress. Is this the end of the current Demo or am I locked, also the trainer with the Machop and Tyrogue has disappeared.
Hmmm I may have missed something, but I don’t think you can do the quest too early.
Did you find complete the smeargle fight the staff dorms?

Also have you collected the pokeballs delivery?

FreeWisher

Rookie
Just completed the demo. Somewhat enjoyable. It had some interesting differences with the school setting. The only major issue I noticed was that I couldn't find all of the pokeball suppliers. If it's possible, bring in more options besides just being a trainer: coordinator/researcher/breeder/etc. I am looking forward to the complete version.

Back