• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Pokemon meets Marvel, Aka Pokemon FireRed

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
So I created a game that’s Pokemon based but with Marvel characters. So you get to catch various heroes (and villains) of the Marvel universe, and use them in battle. Sound fun?
What is Marvel FireRed?

Pokémon Essentials version 17.2 (I think) along with some help from Curts Region Starter Kit for map layouts. Takes you through what’s loosely Pokemon FireRed but with Marvel characters. You can play as either Nick Fury or Maria Hill and choose between starter choices of Iron Man, Spider-man, or Wolverine (whichever one you choose, you’ll be able to find all 3 elsewhere in the game). Some of the storylines may even seem a bit familiar if you’re a Marvel fan like I am. Sprites made largely by GalacticGod found here
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...lxeb8AkNrMgtkZ6tApJFTE_DJwP5u6wnnvIuD09mntB7U
battle sprites made using Spriters resource
https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/marvelavengers/
I hope that’s everyone, I’ll edit to include anything I missed if noticed.

Features
Already implemented:
Functionality Features:
  • Default size for screen set to L
  • 104 different marvel characters to catch
  • Countless Easter eggs and references to Marvels comics, movies, tv shows and even some lesser known parts of Marvel
  • Controls should be easy to figure out, I included the option to increase speed by pressing “S”
  • Some abilities unique to the game that could be game changers
  • Some special items familiar to Marvel lovers might appear
  • Some music that’s familiar to Marvel fans
Overworld Features:
  • Battle some of the well-known supporting characters now acting as Gym leaders, and face the Illuminati as the final opponents
  • Catch and battle with your favorite Marvel characters
Planned/In Progress Features:
  • A few front/back battle sprites not included, random Pokemon sprite used as place holder until I can get a better one
  • Some icons are not that great (could use an artist to help there)
  • Some movesets/abilities not finalized, could use feedback/suggestions there
  • Some TMs haven’t been decided on who should learn them, so lots of them are learnable by everyone
  • No shiny options for now
  • Intro screen doesn’t look right on L size screen for whatever reason, so you’ll have to switch to M for that
  • Battle cries are just the ones from Pokemon, I'll figure out who should have what eventually
Should probably thank FloofyPanthar since I kinda borrowed his layout for this post (I liked how well organized it was, thanks)

hulk.jpg
intro.jpg
titlescreen.jpg

uncleben.jpg

Created by me, Uncutpokemon (also goes by Mitchell Kaufman)

Sprites made by GalacticGod
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...lxeb8AkNrMgtkZ6tApJFTE_DJwP5u6wnnvIuD09mntB7U
And Spriters resource
https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/marvelavengers/

Resources
"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Luka S.J.
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
help-14
Rataime
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
and everyone else who helped out

Curts Region Starter Kit
Pokemon Fusions for some of the trainer placements included - electrovert

Audio
Some music from Marvel properties is used, as well as a couple other songs here and there
Most of the music is still from Pokemon

Script
all scripting done by me
some help from my buddy Clint Bracey on deciding which moves to assign (check out his awesome Facebook page, The Rise and Fall of Nickelodeon)

Hope I'm not forgetting anyone

To download game
Game link

Due to downloading issues reported, audio folder is not included with game download, please follow these steps if you wish to include audio
1. Download game with link above
2. Once downloaded open the game in folder that should also contain folders named "data" "fonts" "graphics" "PBS" and a few other files
3. Download the audio folder zip file in the link below
4. Once downloaded, extract the zip files to find the audio folder
5. Copy or move the audio folder and its contents to the folder mentioned in step 2
6. Open game and see if music can be heard

Audio folder download

Last edited:

WolfShadowWhisper

Just a wolf that loves the shadows on a hot day :)
I ran into a problem. I traded Heroes, and after I received my Human Torch the game keeps crashing when I open the menu :-(

WolfShadowWhisper

Can you be specific on where this took place? I will look into it and fix it as soon as possible.

Just after you get out of 'Viridian Forest' you can exchange a Daredevil for a Human Torch, which I did. Now, everytime I try to open the menu the game crashes.

Edited:

The script says: Script 'DrawText' line 1174: TypeError occurred. cannot convert nil into String'

I hope this helps

Last edited:

uncutpokemon

Rookie
Just after you get out of 'Viridian Forest' you can exchange a Daredevil for a Human Torch, which I did. Now, everytime I try to open the menu the game crashes.

Edited:

The script says: Script 'DrawText' line 1174: TypeError occurred. cannot convert nil into String'

I hope this helps

By any chance do you mean Deadpool? That aside I just checked and you're right, I am having that issue as well. I will look into fixing this problem, as well as checking to make sure the other trades aren't having this problem. Good thing it was early in the game, hope you didn't loose too much progress on the game.

edit: it would seem, this error affects other trades as well. For now ignore all trades until I figure this out.

Last edited:

WolfShadowWhisper

By any chance do you mean Deadpool? That aside I just checked and you're right, I am having that issue as well. I will look into fixing this problem, as well as checking to make sure the other trades aren't having this problem. Good thing it was early in the game, hope you didn't loose too much progress on the game.

edit: it would seem, this error affects other trades as well. For now ignore all trades until I figure this out.

Well, I haven't fought the gym yet, and have to start the game over from scratch. The only sad part is that I will lose my Thor and I just caught him and he seems super rare. Oh and I meant Deadpool. you are right.

uncutpokemon

Rookie
Ok I think I fixed all the trades, but if I missed any please let me know. Here's the script file to replace the old one, I think that should fix the issue for anyone that downloaded it. Remember to replace the file in your data folder with this one.

Ok so I uploaded the newly fixed version to drive, the trade glitch should be gone now.

WolfShadowWhisper

Ok I think I fixed all the trades, but if I missed any please let me know. Here's the script file to replace the old one, I think that should fix the issue for anyone that downloaded it. Remember to replace the file in your data folder with this one.

Ok so I uploaded the newly fixed version to drive, the trade glitch should be gone now.

Thank you so much. I really like your game. Going to replace that fie right now!

uncutpokemon

Rookie
I'll be adding a small nod to honor Chadwick Boseman at some point, it won't affect gameplay though. Rest In Peace!

OrangeMetal

Rookie
I dont expect this to be read after 2 years of not posting but just in case. The game freezes after beating superman in the tower in lavender town after he gives me fly. He tries to walk down the stairs and the game freezes. Tried 3 different save files, always the same

anas14160

Rookie
Can someone help me?, I really want to try it so bad but it's an exe file and I can't transfer the audio file inside it should i try another file app? I'm on android phone

Back