• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released The Game Has Ended

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Title.png

The Game Has Ended
Your destiny has been preset.
What you will do.
Where you will go.
Who you will meet.
So you wish to fight against your destiny.
Shall we play a game?
SC1.png

SC2.png

SC3.png

unknown.png

SC5.png

SC6.png
Game Download
Mediafire link
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nqdqyvciycsngby/The+Game+Has+Ended.rar/file
Google Drive link (sometimes the Mediafire link doesn't work, sorry about that)

Made using
RPG Maker XP
Pokemon Essentials

Team
Jelo - mapper, tileset and sprite artist, eventer
Azraal101 - writer, playtester
Timethy69 - Portrait artist

Credits
Graphics
Jelo
Timethy69

Story
Azraal101

Audio
Kouri
Chopin
Rei Koundoh
James May
Code Renard

Pokemon Essentials
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy, MiDas Mike
Brother1440, Near Fantastica
FL., PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami, Popper
help-14, Rataime
IceGod64, SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock, the__end
KitsuneKouta, Venom12
Lisa Anthony, Wachunga

RPG Maker XP
Enterbrain

Resource Pack

Notes
Not entirely game related, but this has been my 3rd time attempting a Relic Castle Game Jam but it's my first time ever finishing a game. This has also been my first time ever using RMXP and Pokemon Essentials, so it's been a wild ride for sure. I want to take this notes section to formally thank my two teammates for putting up with my constant complaining and pestering for certain assets or plot points. And I want to thank Relic Castle for giving me the opportunity to do something like this. It was a lot of fun to make this game and I hope it's just as fun to play.
Thanks.​

UPDATE: I realize there are a lot of bugs as of 8/9/2020. I don't know how I overlooked these, please bear with me as I try to fix them. For now, I've removed the links so that people don't play super bugged versions. I'm really sorry about that.
UPDATE 2: I think most of the bugs that break the game have been patched out. If you find something please DM me on discord (Jelo#2186) or twitter (@Prof_Jelo)​

Last edited:

luxdiablo

Berserk Inferno
Hi! I just finished up the game, and I wanted to give you my thoughts!

Holy shit. Why isn't this game talked about more? This is absolutely stunning. I really don't even know what to say right now, to be honest. I don't know if I got a bad ending or something? But the ending was surreal. The graphics were visually beautiful. The character portraits were done especially well. I have my discrepancies with the OW sprites, but that's just personal preference. I also LOVED the puzzles. The game was designed amazingly well, and I never felt bored, in all of my 40 minutes of playing. That's impressive. The storytelling was also done very well. I almost felt bad for Hailey, as I watched her go mentally insane, just thinking about her little girl at home. The last thing that I'd like to attribute is the sound design. I feel like the experience was insanely well built on the sound. The heartbeat, the loud sound of the door opening, the ticking sounds, all of it. I felt frantic when I watched that timer go down in the tic-tac-toe room, and good lord it scared me.

The main thing that stood out to me is a small issue, in retrospect, but it messed with my experience. Whenever I saved, I saw that my name was Justin, so I immediately thought, oh, my name is Justin. This made the ending super confusing, and maybe I'm missing something here, but I assume that it was supposed to be a surprise reveal that the player was Justin. Thinking about it now, it could just be that Richard was manipulating Justin, and Richard WAS really the bad guy, I don't know. The ending was just confusing for me in general. Another thing is that it kinda annoyed me when I did the puzzles. Some of the pieces are very vague and hard to connect, but that's just me complaining because I got through the other rooms fairly easily.

Nomi

Trainer
talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, poop on it, party on it, eat it, give birth to it.

ranko

The Wind and Snow Continue to Stare
Expo Team
Hey I completed your game! Great job finishing a Game Jam Project, which is a feat of its own!

opinion, everyone is free to disagree

The atmosphere of this game was freaking excellent. I felt legit uncomfortable throughout playing this game, which is like, really impressive because you're mostly going to get like "Oh, I guess that's neat. That's a cool touch. Oh, I see why they did this thin..." when other devs play games you know? But I actually felt something in this short little game, which is definitely something you should be proud of. The imagery, mystery, and this weird sense of dread walking around slowly through the rooms captivated me. I really liked this game.

I'm hitting this game a little bit harder on critiques because I liked it so much. I thought most of the puzzles were a bit basic, and wished they could've been a bit more involved or interesting. It's not the execution of the puzzles themselves as is what they are. I know this part is incredibly hard (especially in a month) so don't think on it too hard, but I hope going forward the gameplay can get a bit crazier as well!

The last other thing I wanna touch on is that I wish the UI and such were more unique and reflected not something of a basic Pokémon Fangame. Yes, time constraints again are understandable. I think a game like this would be a really cool short addition to the RPGMaker Horror Game family is all, and I'd like if it molded itself into something much more unique with a "The Game Has Ended" flair yknow??

Great work Jelo and crew!! <3

Back