• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Project Names

Zangoose335

i'm 16 i love zangoose weavile and raichu
i choose pokemon gallium because of a few number of reasons a first back in the first year of developing the game it used to be called liquid steel i wanted to make a pokemon game based off heatran cause he was my favorite legendary but i didn't want it to be like oh team blah blah is using heatran to do horrible thing's blah i wanted something different so i made it to where cynthia was you're mother and i had HIGH inspiration from uranium so i was like how come no one has made a uranium sequal so i made it a uranium sequal and as my school years went on i learned about element's and the fact that there was a such thing called gallium so i change the name into pokemon gallium and it also matched pokemon uranium considering there both element's and they sound the same and as time went on the game became what it is today

J.Dreamer

Dreamer Juan
I'm kinda new and starting my fangame project. So my current project name called Pokemon Outcast. The word "Outcast" means a particular person or group that stray themselves from society and that's the outcome of the game. From my development, the story will start out very peacefully until something happened really bad and the player will faced many twisted tales and hardships of their home region. In advance, I want the player made decision of their actions, how they affect the story till the end.

I also have this issue. Though it's a Pokemon game, I wonder if it's necessary to add "Pokemon" in the game to confirm that. Like Phoenix Rising for example, they made it clear they don't want to be called "Pokemon Phoenix Rising" making it more new. Then again, when I think of only called my game "Outcast" will make it sounds foggy and unsettling from start.

Vexarian

The friendliest Groudon
I've always had trouble with coming up with names.
But the trick is to not overthink it and come up with something simple and catchy.

I, for example. Want to revive my project called Pokemon Frosted and Pokemon Drought. Once i’ve settled on the names I try to design the box art legendaries around it.

Like Phoenix Rising for example, they made it clear they don't want to be called "Pokemon Phoenix Rising" making it more new.

The game was called "Pokemon Phoenix Rising" for years though, so when it released with a small name change it didn't throw many people, as they were familiar with the project and probably wouldn't have noticed if it hadn't been announced.
Just like with PR, your game probably doesn't need the word Pokemon in the title; it should be fairly obvious that it's a fan game when you're posting it on fan game sites? n_n
I think the only disadvantage might be if someone was trying to look up your game through google or something. Just searching "Outcast" probably wouldn't work, but "Pokemon Outcast" might get the right result even if the word pokemon isn't in the title.

J.Dreamer

Dreamer Juan
The game was called "Pokemon Phoenix Rising" for years though, so when it released with a small name change it didn't throw many people, as they were familiar with the project and probably wouldn't have noticed if it hadn't been announced.
Just like with PR, your game probably doesn't need the word Pokemon in the title; it should be fairly obvious that it's a fan game when you're posting it on fan game sites? n_n
I think the only disadvantage might be if someone was trying to look up your game through google or something. Just searching "Outcast" probably wouldn't work, but "Pokemon Outcast" might get the right result even if the word pokemon isn't in the title.

You're right. I did look up "Outcast" to see possible results and the name will obviously get mistake with some TV series. I guess I'll keep the old title.

FloofyPanthar

Gen 5 Guru
Pokemon Mystic & Valor(Which is not dead by the way) are supposed to represent brain and brawn respectively. The legendaries of the games are supposed to represent the physical and mental evolution of beings.

Also, Teams Valor & Mystic are the evil teams. I know that Pokemon Go is almost 3 years old now, but screw it! I'm still keeping them in!

JoelMatthews

Pokémon Nebula Dev
Pokemon Nebula is named that because it's a cosmic horror which introduces the Space-type. And Nebula sounds cool.

ranko

The Wind and Snow Continue to Stare
Expo Team
Pocket Monster Project, End of Legacy- Sword Fighter 3: Sixcarbon;Tansoroku

i wanted to have a game with an semi-colon in the title in the title. each word has a purpose in the grand scheme of the game's themes and values

i was also mentally drunk

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
I guess I might as well re-visit this two years later: the current project I'm working on is still named "Do Or Die, Dragonite" (abbreviated "DDD," as in the bird from kirby) on my computer because it's been 9 months and I still have yet to come up with something proper.

I'm really not very good at names.

MagentaGiratina

Distortion World Enthusiast
I went with Cyan and Magenta since they were the most logical extensions of color motifs (for the record, I started this project BEFORE Zacian and Zamazenta), they corresponded with my legendaries and general CMYK motifs, and I liked that they were the inverses of Red and Green since I subvert and lampshade a lot of Pokemon tropes, particularly Gen 1-type stuff. I eventually dropped Cyan and just decided to go with Magenta. Since it's associated with psychedelia and digital stuff, it really fit my game's general motifs. Cyan's still gonna be involved in the final project with the 4 main legendaries being CMYK-based and plenty of references to cyanide since I like Poison types.

Kychu

Developer of Pokemon: Moonlit Skies
Pokemon: Moonlit Skies

I wanted to have a story where it was a light vs dark kind of thing, and I thought of the moon having a dark/light side to it. I liked the night sky aesthetic as well, so I named it moonlit skies. I also liked Kingdom Hearts so much, that I thought of the moon in the game as being a theoretical kingdom hearts. I've kept this name for the game since I was 16.
Even though the name is still there, the game has evolved so much from the original concept, and I can't wait for people to see all of the new stuff in the next demo, (which is still not announced for release yet.)

TheLuiz

The Mysterious Stranger
I have two projects in the works actually, the titles themselves are more defined by their plot and get out from the typical Pokemon title thing.

Pokemon - Hard Lessons is a smaller scale project that is focused on the life of a high school student in a region that Professional battles require a trainer card, and you only get one after graduating on High School and taking part of the Pokemon Club during that.
So there you have it, Lessons mostly comes from the way its settled on a school setting and the Hard is due to the hardships you will go through during the story. The friends, the rivals, the drama, the romance, the villains, the allies, the competitions, so on.

Now, Hard Lessons is actually the prequel to my bigger game, the main one I've been developing for quite sometime

Pokemon - The Sky Legacy is an epic adventure truly more focused on the JRPG side of the franchise with the whole Gym Leader and Elite 4 thing being actually a optional side quest. However i can't really explain the title without entering spoiler territory, so, yeah, there will be an adventure, sky related.

Rashi

The Bird Keeper
Well... It took me a lot of time to think of my project named Mystery Trainer. Basically, it will be a game in which player was a Pokemon before and turns to Human just like Mystery Dungeon which is opposite(I love PMD games <3). So, I used 'Mystery' because it will sound similar. When it comes to 'Trainer', it will be Mystery Trainer so that it means it's name describes about a Trainer aka player who is not explainable. Hope it make sense.

P.S: I haven't started recruiting members for Mystery Trainer. Currently, I'm making a little progress with my friends.

Last edited:
Back