• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Terrain Tag Side Stairs 1.0

boonzeet

Developer of Pokemon: Secrets of the Ages
boonzeet submitted a new resource:

Terrain Tag Side Stairs - A simple script to allow placing stair tiles that automatically perform as side stairs

Boon's Terrain Tag Side Stairs

OIMNjMY.gif

A simple script to allow placing stair tiles that automatically perform as side stairs, with psuedo-depth effect and support for Followers.

Might conflict with some scripts if they significantly alter Game_Player.

Setup

Place this script above Main:
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
#...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

ChainedFuse

Rookie
Love the script, though after the new v18.1 update whenever you have an NPC jump or you jump (like a ledge or event) said event or player walks in place and softlocks the game.

boonzeet

Developer of Pokemon: Secrets of the Ages
boonzeet updated Terrain Tag Side Stairs with a new update entry:

Updated to 1.2 (Fix ledges, surfing and map transfers on stairs)

Updated to v1.2. This fixes some new bugs due to the way v18 handles characters:
  • Ledges no longer get the players stuck
  • Surfing no longer triggers an encounter every time if the player's step counter has not incremented
  • Map transfers while a player is on stairs no longer cause the player to be permanently offset until next encountering stairs

Read the rest of this update entry...

Rose_

Rookie
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
---------------------------
[Pokémon Essentials version 18.1.dev]

Exception: SystemStackError

Backtrace:

Boon_SideStairs:117:in `move_right_stairs'

Getting this error whenever I press right and same for left on 18.1. Any idea on how to fix it?

Nomi

Trainer
For some reason, the stairs don't seem to work. I've got the terrain tags and directions set up correctly, but it acts as if it's a normal tile and I can walk through normally.

SilverioRB

Novice
It was working perfectly in my game, but suddently it stops to work and I don't know what to do.
The terrain is set correctly, but ir don't work.

ddf27

Rookie
Amazing script and really easy to use! Works great for me, but I have a small issue: while walking up the stairs, entering and exiting the stairs look a bit off. For example, while exiting, the character will first move horizontally and only then move vertically.

SilverioRB

Novice
It looks like it doesn't work with partner trainers in Essentials 19.1, since PBTerrain doesn't exist anymore

SilverioRB

Novice
PBTerrain isn't referenced anywhere in the v19 script. Be sure you're copying the v19 version and not the v18 version.
Does the script for 19.1 has script set for partner trainer?
Because if so, it's bugged
My partner doesn't follow me when I'm ascending or descending a side stair... It goes up and then back of the player again.

I added the script for following partners... But looks like that script section is for v18 only

Does the script for 19.1 has script set for partner trainer?
Because if so, it's bugged
My partner doesn't follow me when I'm ascending or descending a side stair... It goes up and then back of the player again.

I added the script for following partners... But looks like that script section is for v18 only
I think for that part you'd just change the checks to directly compare the ID with the symbol- for example, $MapFactory.getTerrainTag(tile[0],tile[1],tile[2]-1) == PBTerrain::StairLeft would instead be $MapFactory.getTerrainTag(tile[0],tile[1],tile[2]-1).id == StairLeft

SilverioRB

Novice
I think for that part you'd just change the checks to directly compare the ID with the symbol- for example, $MapFactory.getTerrainTag(tile[0],tile[1],tile[2]-1) == PBTerrain::StairLeft would instead be $MapFactory.getTerrainTag(tile[0],tile[1],tile[2]-1).id == StairLeft
Nop
Didn't work

Judge Fudge

Rookie
Not a big deal but I'll mention it anyways.

The player's y-position stays offset if you're in debug & are holding CTRL while on a staircase and move up/down.
Replicate by getting on a left or right staircase. While in debug, hold CTRL and move in the northern or southern direction.
Your y-position will remain offset since you never exited through the intended terrain tag.

Astralneko

Novice
Not a big deal but I'll mention it anyways.

The player's y-position stays offset if you're in debug & are holding CTRL while on a staircase and move up/down.
Replicate by getting on a left or right staircase. While in debug, hold CTRL and move in the northern or southern direction.
Your y-position will remain offset since you never exited through the intended terrain tag.
Pretty sure that's a good thing. It indicates that if you can do that without using debug mode, your stairs aren't coded properly.
If you want to, you could theoretically set the offset to be 0 if you aren't on a tile with the stair terrain tag while debug is on.

Back