• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Entertainment What would be your pokemon team

Maurili

Not a scobunny
If you were a pokemon trainer what pokemon would you carry along in your journey?
But first, let's lay down some rules

1: Any pokemon up to gen 8 are allowed
2: No legendary or mystical pokemon
3: No having repeat pokemon
4: Alternative forms are allowed
4.5: you can make any pokemon on your team shiny and have as many shinies as you want
5: Only one G max / Mega on your team
6: you may mention what items they hold and what moves they have for extra points
7: only 6 pokemon

lets begin X7

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
I would have probably written something different before last November, but SwSh made this question much easier because it's now just

1. Wooloo
2. Wooloo
3. Wooloo
4. Wooloo
5. Wooloo
6. Wooloo

Repeat pokémon rule be damned!

Ozander

Ozander
My team will be:
Charizard, atacks: Flamethrower, Air Slash, Fire Fang, Dragon Breath
Sandslash, atacks: Metal Claw, Blizzard, Gyro Ball, Icicle Spear
Rowlet (name: ROWLY, partner) atacks: Leaf Blade, Sucker Punch and more (I dont have idea)
Inteleon, atacks: Liquidation, Hydro Pump and more (I dont have idea)
Tyranitar, atacks: Stone Edge, Dark Pulse and more (I dont have idea)
Egg

Cryptochrome

Heretic
This can be a very insteresting topic. I am surprised there haven't been more replies...

1. Houndour (hold item: Rare Bone)
Attacks: Bite, Howl, Dig, Ember
If Pokemon were real, I think many people would want one as a pet. Houndour would be my choice here. Attack moves are mostly normal for a puppy to have... and Ember is probably good for starting camp fires.
(also dogs are superior to cats. Feel free to debate me on this)

2. Scizor (hold item: Scizorite)
Attacks: Bullet Punch, U-Turn, Counter, Protect
If people are going to be walking around with Pokemon, it would be wise to have at least one team member primarily for battle, if only for self-defense. I would choose Mega-Scizor with attack moves focusing on defense - Bullet Punch and U-Turn being offensive moves that allow a quick retreat from the enemy to get back and protect the trainer. I am thinking Counter would work like it does in the anime, with the user not really taking damage, just reflecting it back.

3. Haunter (held item: none)
Attacks: Psychic, Thief, Hypnosis, Disable
Again drawing inspiration from the anime, I would choose Haunter because I like it's mischievous personality. Also as a response to Psychic types (again anime logic here). Attack moves focus on trouble-making without being too evil (staying away from moves like Nightmare and Curse, for example). No held item to synergize with Thief.

4. Dragonair, shiny (hold item: Everstone)
Attacks: Blizzard, Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Wrap
No doubt people might collect Pokemon to "show-off." Dragons are typically rare, with shiny varients being especially rare. Some may consider this an odd choice (why not Dragonite?), but I like some basic/stage1 Pokemon more than their "stronger" stage2 evolutions (card game terms here). Dragonair and Haunter are two examples of these - also pink Dragoniar is amazing! Moveset focuses on additional luxury, with the ability to choose the weather - and I think Wrap is a standard move for Dragonair that carries some utility outside of battle.

5. Kingdra (hold item: Cleanse Tag)
Attacks: Surf, Dive, Twister, Smokescreen
The focus of my final two team members is travel and just getting around obstacles. Kingdra would allow me to explore the depths of the ocean, while having good utility attacks in Smokescreen (escape in a pinch) and Twister (AOE "panic button"). Switching to the videogame logic now, I always found it annoying to Surf and run into so many wild Pokemon. Holding a Cleanse Tag should reduce the frequency of interruptions during exploration.

6. Togekiss (held item: Pretty Feather)
Attacks: Fly, Safeguard, Wish, Ancient Power
Togekiss would be my choice in travelling between far away places. I'm not sure how Ancient Power would work outside of the videogame context, but maybe while exploring ancient ruins it could help unlock the secrets of the past? Also maybe using Wish could produce spectacular results in the real world? But that's probably just wishful thinking...

Anuran

Novice
1613489696580.png
(Signature mon)
1613489675277.png

1613489719074.png

1613489737211.png
(Mega)
1613489818011.png

1613489843925.png
(Best buddy, like Ash and Pikachu)

I dont care about type disadvantages as long as I am with my fav mons
Also as u can see I have a strong feelings for Dragon mons

ShiroSky

Rookie
1. Skiddo-milk drink, bulldoze, horn leech, leaf blade holding eviolite

2. Dragalge-Toxic spikes, sludge bomb, scald, dragon pulse holding black sludge

3. Luxray-crunch, electric terrain, rising voltage, psychic fangs holding terrain extender

4.corviknight-drill peck, steel wing, roost, flash cannon holding rocky helmet

5.pyroar(female)-echoed voice, flame thrower, hyper voice, yawn holding throat spray

6. Flapple- grav apple ,leech seed, wing attack, rollout holding whatever berry feel like giving

(honestly I'd go full grass type team but too many weakness, really should get rid of flying weakness just so grass types wouldn't be weak to over 1/4 of all pokemon types)

FrozeniumZ

Rookie
If you were a pokemon trainer what pokemon would you carry along in your journey?

4.5: you can make any pokemon on your team shiny and have as many shinies as you want
6: you may mention what items they hold and what moves they have for extra points

lets begin X7
Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
  • Thunder
  • Sticky Web
  • Bug Buzz
  • Hidden Power [Ice]

127-0.png
671.png

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
  • Return
  • Quick Attack
  • Earthquake
  • Close Combat

637-0.png
786.png

Volcarona @ Psychium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
  • Quiver Dance
  • Fire Blast
  • Psychic
  • Giga Drain

632-0.png
270.png

Durant @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
  • Hone Claws
  • Iron Head
  • Rock Slide
  • Superpower

752-0.png
640.png

Araquanid @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
  • Liquidation
  • Mirror Coat
  • Leech Life
  • Scald

469-0.png
270.png

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Modest Nature
  • Air Slash
  • Ancient Power
  • Protect
  • Giga Drain

Yes. I do play competitive.

Art

Rookie

lets begin X7
1. Aegislash (shiny)
2. Umbreon
3. Cindrace (g max)
4. Garchomp
5. Mr Rime
6. Bannet (mega)

nebby100

Novice
i would have these mons on my team
1. mega blaziken- shiny
2. primal groudon f the mega and no legendary rule
3. dubwool
4. arceus
5. rayquaza-mega
6. eternatus-eteralmax

Amari Skye

Novice
My favorite type is the Psychic-type, so my theme would be Pokémon that get the move Psychic, but aren't Psychic-type.
1. Volcarona, It is one of my favorite Pokémon and has my second-favorite type, Fire. Quiver Dance sweeps are also fun, especially when you're opponent sets up Quiver Dance as well, and Fiery Dance is an amazing move both in concept and execution. I just wish Oricorio got it... It'd have Fiery Dance, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance, and Psychic while holding Heavy Duty Boots and having the ability Swarm.
2. Lucario, I know it's cliché to include Lucario of all things on this team and I might as well add Greninja but it helps deal with the Rock-types Volcarona is 4x weak to. Mine would be holding a Choice Specs, have the ability Inner Focus, and have the moves Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, Psychic, and Hidden Power Electric to deal with Volcarona's two other weaknesses.
3. Gorebyss, Now here's where the originality comes in. Gorebyss is actually a really fun Pokémon to use that covers the two weaknesses Lucario has that aren't already covered by Psychic. It would have a Focus Sash and use Shell Smash, Surf, Ice Beam, and Psychic. It'd have the ability Swift Swim as well.
4. Palossand, This team so far gets walled heavily by even NON-stall Dialga, Duraludon, and Gmax Duraludon. That's what Palossand's here for, with it's ability Water Compaction, it's item which is a Weakness Policy, and having Earth Power, Shadow Ball, Psychic, and Giga Drain as it's moves. This one would be shiny as I love the creative theming behind it with black sand beaches.
5. Aurorus, There isn't much to cover at this point in terms of typings, and while Lucario can attempt to get off what's essentially glorified chip damage to Water- and Flying-types, I feel that we need an actual Water- and Flying-type counter, or at least check. Power Herb Snow Warning Aurorus with Meteor Beam, Freeze Dry, Psychic, and Aurora Veil is here to fulfull that need.
6. Alolan Exeggutor, For the final Pokémon of this team, I chose to include a FWG core, with F being Volcarona, W being Gorebyss, ang G being Alolan Exeggutor. It'd have the moveset of Trick Room, Giga Drain, Draco Meteor, and Psychic. It's get the ability Harvest and it's item would be the Petaya Berry.

0maeWaM0uShindeiru

Novice
My team would focus on making the most out of more underrated Pokemon.

Castform (held item: Mystic Water) [Partner like Ash and Pikachu]
Attacks: Rain Dance, Hydro Pump, Headbutt, Weather Ball
Castform is one of my favorite Pokemon despite being so underrated, so having it as a partner focusing on its Rain Form felt appropriate, especially when the Weather Institute hands you a Mystic Water Castform on a silver platter. This will also make sense with the other two Pokemon of starter type focuses.

Cherrim (held item: Miracle Seed)
Attacks: Grassy Terrain, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Energy Ball
Cherrim is another underrated Pokemon that I actually like due to its gimmick; despite that I am not focusing on its gimmick for this one since Sunny Day makes its weakness, Fire, stronger as well.

Magcargo (held item: Charcoal)
Attacks: Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Flamethrower, Rock Polish
Magcargo, yet another underrated Pokemon, yet strong with the right plays. Mine would have both Solar Beam for coverage against Water, Rock, and Ground; and Rock Polish to speed itself up, plus Sunny Day for an instant Solar Beam charge AND boosted Flamethrower.

Garbodor (held item: Poison Barb)
Attacks: Gunk Shot, Seed Bomb, Cross Poison, Thief
Garbodor, the walking trash heap that everyone loves to hate except me and a few others. Honestly I see merit in using it so it has earned its spot on the team. It mainly uses Seed Bomb and Thief for moves to cover its Ground and Psychic weaknesses respectively.

Sableye (held item: Black Glasses)
Attacks: Shadow Claw, Poison Jab, Knock Off, Lash Out
Sableye is basically the underrated cousin of Spiritomb, so I had to add it for duality with Garbodor; it helps further deal with Garbodors Psychic weakness while Garbodor backs it up by dealing with its Fairy weakness. As for the Ground weakness, both Castform and Cherrim more than provide back-up for that.

Klefki (held item: Metal Coat)
Attacks: Flash Cannon, Dazzling Gleam, Magnet Rise, Psychic
Klefki is a nice Pokemon to end us off. Not as underrated as some others but still notable, plus, its only weaknesses, Ground and Fire, already get covered by Cherrim and Castform, with Cherrim covering Ground and Castform covering both. All in all, this ends up being a balanced team despite the members.​

Astefia

Cooltrainer
A dream team I used to beat my favourite so far Pokemon game:
Dragapult (m)
Nickname: Glider (the psychics chomper)
Moves: Dragon Darts, Dragon Dance, Bite, Phantom Force
Item: Razor Claw
Ball: Moon Ball
Crobat (f)
Nickname: Streak (the winner over Electawire)
Moves: Fly, Leech Life, Cross Poison, Wing Attack
Item: Shell Bell
Gardevoir (m)
Nickname: Dancer
Moves: Magical Leaf, Dazzling Gleam, Thunderbolt, Psychic
Item: Gardevoirite
Azumarill (f)
Nickname: Bubbles
Moves: Play Rough, Superpower, Aqua Tail, Return (max friendship) (No Aqua Jet because it's an egg move and I don't want to replace Bubbles)
Item: Leftovers/Assault Vest
Ball: Friend Ball
Marowak
Nickname: Skull Kid
Moves: Headbutt, Stomping Tantrum, Swords Dance, Bonemarang
Item: Soft Sand / Thick Club
Ninetails (f)
Nickname: Cinder/Brush (the second one is how I call my Ninetails in any game, but this one was traded....)
Moves: Toxic, Hex, Confuse Ray, Flamethrower
Item: Charcoal

Back