• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Game Jam Game Jam #6: Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
S8xaXUF.png

Let the jam commence yet again!
RELIC GAME JAM #6 has concluded!
JUNE 30TH - AUGUST 10TH 2020

Recruitment Thread
Overview Thread - Discussion Thread
Be sure to check out the game jam channel on our Discord!

Relic Game Jam #6

Welcome to the sixth annual Relic Castle Game Jam!

For the uninformed: a game jam is an event where developers will get together and make a game. It sounds simple at first glance, but making a good game is much more difficult and time consuming than you might think. Participating in one is a great way to challenge yourself, learn new skills, and polish your overall experience as a game developer.

2020 hasn't gone exactly as planned for anyone, but one thing remains the same: the annual summer game jam! We're very excited to see once again see a bunch of familiar faces and newcomers participate in Relic Castle's sixth game jam! You manage to impress us every single time, and we expect this year to be no different!

The Pokémon fan game community is an amazing place, and that's all thanks to each and every one of you. Take pride in that, and your hard work! Let's make this game jam a special one!

Special thanks to @FloofOtter for creating the game jam logo and theme icon this year!

You can find more information about the game jam in the Overview Thread.

Recruitment Thread

Welcome to the Relic Game Jam #6 recruitment thread! In this thread, you can seek assistance with your entry or volunteer your talents for another entry. If you're looking to do anything but discuss recruitment, please use the general discussion thread.

If you're recruiting or volunteering, please use the following templates. Keep in mind that you aren't required to have any progress on your jam entry before recruiting.

[Recruiting]
  • Looking to recruit:
  • Jam Entry Title:
  • Team Name/Team Members:
  • Progress/Screenshots:
  • Method of Contact:
  • Timezone:
  • Additional Information:

[Volunteering]
  • Expertise:
  • Examples of Work:
  • Method of Contact:
  • Timezone:

Last edited:

luxdiablo

Berserk Inferno
[Recruiting]
  • Looking to recruit:
    - Pixel Artist
    - Artist

• Jam Entry Title: Pokemon Parallax

• Team Name/Team Members:
    - LuxDiablo (Programmer/Composer)
    - AnonAlpaca (Composer/Artist/Pixel Artist/Writer)
    - Maks (Writer)

• Progress/Screenshots:
    grunts_ken.png

Sketches for Team Masque, the evil team of Pokemon Parallax!

• Method of Contact:
    Discord: LuxDiablo#9062
    Relic Castle: TheLuxDiablo
    PokeCommunity: LuxDiablo

• Timezone:
    CST (UTC - 6)

Hi! My name is Lux, and I'm recruiting for my Game Jam entry known as Pokemon Parallax! Pokemon Parallax is a game based around a unique team known as Team Masque, and their goal to create an equal world. We already have 3 members on our team, so we are looking to recruit one more person to help with the graphical side of this game! We are using Pokemon Essentials 17.2 for this game, and Gen 4 graphics. Please contact me if you are interested! This will be updated as more progress is made.

Last edited:

manta

★★★★★
[Recruiting]
  • Looking to recruit: Spriter / musician / writer (any of these are good)
  • Jam Entry Title: POCKET GAIDEN 2
  • Team Name/Team Members: ocean#5530 on Discord.
  • Progress/Screenshots: None, feel free to help build up the concept with me.
  • Timezone: British Standard Time (+01:00)
  • Additional Information: Not a sequel, a new story. Also, it will be made in pokeemerald, not RMXP.

Last edited:

Charizardtheking

Rookie
[Recruiting]

Looking to recruit:
- Artist
-spriter
-writer

Jam Entry Title: Anon the Bulbasaur

Team Members:
-Charizardtheking(Programmer/writer)

Progress:
Nothing so far

Contact info:
Discord: charizardtheking#9289
Relic Castle: charizardtheadult09

Timezone: Eastern Time

Additional Information: heyo name is charizardtheking but u can call me char this my first game jam which I am kind of nervous about but whatever I'm recruiting for the game I making which is Anon the Bulbasaur a story about a kid wanting friends and going through his area to get them right now it just me working on the game but I hope more people can join me on the project I am going to be using Pokemon Essentials 17.2 and Gen 4 graphics Please contact me if you are interested I will try to update this post as much as I can

Ramman

Novice
[Recruiting]
  • Looking to recruit: Scripter
  • Jam Entry Title: Pokemon Swarm
  • Team Name/Team Members: Ramman, Maurili, Kotaro
  • Progress/Screenshots: Planning stages
  • Method of Contact: Discord Ramish#6114
  • Timezone: EST
  • Additional Information: Looking to recruit someone to assist with point-and-click scripts and other additional scripting if nessecary.

ranko

The Wind and Snow Continue to Stare
Expo Team
[Recruiting]
  • Looking to recruit: Sprite Artist
  • Jam Entry Title: Project Knowledge (tentative)
  • Team Name/Team Members: i am currently losing my mind working on this alone, here is my breaking point
  • Progress/Screenshots: planning done, story almost done
  • Method of Contact: hit me up on discord! or pm me here. discord is ranko#0963
  • Additional Information: I have a few regional pokemon requests, maybe just a handful for now (like 6)

Nomi

Trainer
[Recruiting]
  • Looking to recruit: Idea Person and Playtester
  • Jam Entry Title: Welcome to PokéFriend Café
  • Team Name/Team Members: Nobody! Just me baby!
  • Progress/Screenshots: Almost done!
  • Method of Contact: Discord henry#0342
  • Additional Information: please contact if youre ACTUALLY gonna help i am begging yall my brain is so empty and i need a helper and playtester

Droid779

Weeb
[Volunteering]
  • Expertise: Spriting (UI and fakemons are not my strong suit)
  • Examples of Work: My work can be seen in A Zoroark Among Us and Pokemon Unvoiced, as well as my other resources.
  • Method of Contact: Discord: Drobin#2668
  • Timezone: UTC + 7

Kartik

Disappointment
[Recruiting]
  • Looking to recruit: Testers
  • Jam Entry Title: Pokemon: The Giant Torterra
  • Team Name/Team Members: Me (Basically everything) HollowGap (Tester) Drobin (Tester)
  • Progress/Screenshots: Everything but the ending and a few sprites done
  • Method of Contact: Here or Discord Kartik#7821
  • Timezone: Doesn't matter, I'm online 20 hours a day, but for the sake of mentioning, its GMT+5:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back