• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Seagallop (boat "cutscene")

Resource Seagallop (boat "cutscene") 1.0

Mr. Gela

Discord: theo#7722
Mr. Gela submitted a new resource:

Seagallop (boat "cutscene") - Brief cutscene about a boat based on FRLG's Seagallop travelling to Sevii Islands

What's this?
A simple boat cutscene. Boat article.

Show me the goods!
AHOY
CEb4dKh.gif

Installation
Paste this Pastebin as a new script section above Main.
Download the rar from either of the following mirrors and extract inside /Graphics/Pictures/. The files should then be inside a subfolder called "Seagallop"...

Read more about this resource...

Etique

Rookie
how to add the movement location in the script? The idea is that after the cutscene ends, it appears in a specific place

DjayDamageLord

Rookie
This is amazing. Is it possible to add a sound effect as the boat is moving? It seems too quiet and in the FRLG games they had a splashing sound effect.

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
I made small adjustments to this (and I do mean incredibly small, with no intention to do bigger as I am not Mr Gela) to try and make this a bit more accurate
Primary changes are the following:
  • Added a sound effect for the cutscene
  • Sped up the cutscene to be more accurate to FrLg, as well as to make the sound effect play accurately as well.
  • Minor adjustments to where the mirrored boat for its initial x-coordinates.
Script with changes:

https://mega.nz/file/p1EDDRQa#z-T8Rb36oxp-KL1zE8OdHuOsacjh-q__X6bQ2QinNtA - Sound byte I went through like, two hours of effort to get this sound byte smh

KP17

Novice
How do I make this as an event? I can't figure out how to add this to my sailor without it doing something odd with my trainer still appearing at the leaving point for a moment after.

KP17

Novice
It should just be seaGallop, but there may be something changed between v17 and v20 that's causing your issue.
The event does work I just have the problem of the trainer being visible from the leave point for a second or two after the scene plays out

Cryptochrome

Heretic
The event does work I just have the problem of the trainer being visible from the leave point for a second or two after the scene plays out
I had to fiddle with the order of things in the event window before I got a result I liked. Try darkening the screen, running the script, transferring the player, and finally un-darkening the screen.
boat.png

KP17

Novice
I had to fiddle with the order of things in the event window before I got a result I liked. Try darkening the screen, running the script, transferring the player, and finally un-darkening the screen.
boat.png
Thank you so much!! This helped fix the issue I was having!

Back