• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
v17.2 Gen 6-8 PBS Files and Sprites

Resource v17.2 Gen 6-8 PBS Files and Sprites v5

Mashirosakura

With my wishes frozen in time and long forgotten
Discord Mod
Mashirosakura submitted a new resource:

Gen 6-8 PBS Files and Sprites - Get your PBS stuff here.

I have been seeing a lot of people having trouble with their PBS files and stuff like that. Usually stuff relating to the shapes being missing, which seems to be a common problem with the v16.2 Gen 6-7 PBS files going around. So I finally sat down and decided I'd make a folder with all of the stuff.

Credit to Zerokid for compiling all of this in his free resource game, Pokémon Zero.
Gen 6 stuff is in the code by default, but...

Read more about this resource...

Mashirosakura

Discord Mod
Mashirosakura updated v17.2 Gen 6-8 PBS Files and Sprites with a new update entry:

v2

Added all remaining base SwSh sprites. Added an items.txt file, along with an updated types.txt file, and graphic. Added in remaining base Gigantamax icons, and merged the separated forms folder into the main battlers folder.
Please still be aware that the missing evolution functions ItemInAlola and LevelNightInAlola need to be added separately, or you can replace their method entirely.
Also be aware of possible differing move function codes (4th section of the moves.txt).
If there is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

TheLuiz

The Mysterious Stranger
it seems that Marshadow's line (n/b/s/sb) are missing?

Mashirosakura

Discord Mod

Mashirosakura

Discord Mod
Mashirosakura updated v17.2 Gen 6-8 PBS Files and Sprites with a new update entry:

v4, the Isle Update

Alright alright, it's been long enough. I've spent a few days adding in Isle of Armor stuff. All the Gigantamax sprites are finally done, as are any legendaries released up til now.
The pbs files have been updated with the new moves and abilities introduced in the Isle of Armor, the new Pokémon introduced in the dlc were added into the Pokémon pbs files, and all newly reintroduced Pokémon have their updated movesets.
A fair warning is that a lot of the moves don't have the proper function...

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
You should update all the sprites in the download. SwSh Sprite Project is now completed and there has been alot of progress in Sun Moon Sprite Project.

Mashirosakura

Discord Mod
You should update all the sprites in the download. SwSh Sprite Project is now completed and there has been alot of progress in Sun Moon Sprite Project.
All the available sprites were added in the last update?

Bloom

Trainer
Hi, I have found one typo in tm.txt. You wrote EXEGUTOR instead of EXEGGUTOR(under powerwhip). It's nothing major, but I know some people can still have a problem with it.

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
I have a few suggestions for you:
  • You seem to be using ones made by other artists. This is not a requirement, but you should try to use as many sprites as possible from the Smogon Sprite Project (this is what I was trying to say in my previous message). This is because Smogon Sprites have a consistent style and are very high quality. The Smogon Gen 8 Sprites have been completed and are available to download in one nice package in the main post of the Sprite Project. Smogon Gen 7 Sprites have also been received updates.
  • You should remove the Pokemon Zero-specific evolution methods. LevelNightAlola and ItemAlola can easily be replaced with the regular Item and LevelNight Evolution methods because for example, if Pikachu is caught in form 1 (no need for an entry for form 1 Pikachu in the pokemonforms.txt) , it automatically evolves into Raichu form 1 (ie Alolan) without the need of a new Evolution method. You seem to be doing that with Galarian Weezing already so I don't know why have different evolution methods for Marowak and Raichu.
  • You should try to add the LandCritical and DamageDone to evolution methods to the PBS entry of Galarian Farfetched and Galarian Yamask. They can be found here. I highly recommend this as these Evolution Methods aren't specific to any game and the code is available online for them (unlike LevelNightAlola for which you need to dig through the code of Pokemon Zero). They are unique and can't be replicated in Base Essentials, unlike LevelNightAlola.
  • You should edit the evolution methods of the Pokemon that have Reigonal Evolutions (Like Mr. Mime and Linoone). When I had them in my game, sometimes Kantonian Meowth would evolve into Perrserker. My way of fixing that without editing any code was to add an extra evolution method to Meowth in pokemonforms.txt where Kantonian Meowth would evolve into Perrserker when levelled up on map id 10000 (ie an impossible evolution). So my Evolution entry for Kanto Meowth was
    Code:
    Evolutions=PERSIAN,Level,28,PERRSERKER,Location,10000
    This prevented Kantonian Meowth from ever evolving into Perrserker. I also did this for Hoennian Linoone, Kantonian Meowth, Farfetched and Mr. Mime, Unovan Yamask and Johtonian Cursola.
  • There are 4 form entries for Greninja and Zygarde in Pokemonforms.txt when there should be only one. This was done in Pokemon Zero to prevent people from getting a Power Construct Zygarde or Battle Bond Greninja using Cheat Engine. However, the code for Battle Bond and Power Construct online doesn't use 4 form entries, they only use 2. So i suggest you remove the extra ones.
  • Another thing would be to replace the Stick Item in the PBS with Leek and Vicegrip with Visegrip, like in Gen 8. But that's just nitpicking.

Last edited:

Mashirosakura

Discord Mod
I have a few suggestions for you:
  • You seem to be using ones made by other artists. This is not a requirement, but you should try to use as many sprites as possible from the Smogon Sprite Project (this is what I was trying to say in my previous message). This is because Smogon Sprites have a consistent style and are very high quality. The Smogon Gen 8 Sprites have been completed and are available to download in one nice package in the main post of the Sprite Project. Smogon Gen 7 Sprites have also been received updates.
  • You should remove the Pokemon Zero-specific evolution methods. LevelNightAlola and ItemAlola can easily be replaced with the regular Item and LevelNight Evolution methods because for example, if Pikachu is caught in form 1 (no need for an entry for form 1 Pikachu in the pokemonforms.txt) , it automatically evolves into Raichu form 1 (ie Alolan) without the need of a new Evolution method. You seem to be doing that with Galarian Weezing already so I don't know why have different evolution methods for Marowak and Raichu.
  • You should try to add the LandCritical and DamageDone to evolution methods to the PBS entry of Galarian Farfetched and Galarian Yamask. They can be found here. I highly recommend this as these Evolution Methods aren't specific to any game and the code is available online for them (unlike LevelNightAlola for which you need to dig through the code of Pokemon Zero). They are unique and can't be replicated in Base Essentials, unlike LevelNightAlola.
  • You should edit the evolution methods of the Pokemon that have Reigonal Evolutions (Like Mr. Mime and Linoone). When I had them in my game, sometimes Kantonian Meowth would evolve into Perrserker. My way of fixing that without editing any code was to add an extra evolution method to Meowth in pokemonforms.txt where Kantonian Meowth would evolve into Perrserker when levelled up on map id 10000 (ie an impossible evolution). So my Evolution entry for Kanto Meowth was
    Code:
    Evolutions=PERSIAN,Level,28,PERRSERKER,Location,10000
    This prevented Kantonian Meowth from ever evolving into Perrserker. I also did this for Hoennian Linoone, Kantonian Meowth, Farfetched and Mr. Mime, Unovan Yamask and Johtonian Cursola.
  • There are 4 form entries for Greninja and Zygarde in Pokemonforms.txt when there should be only one. This was done in Pokemon Zero to prevent people from getting a Power Construct Zygarde or Battle Bond Greninja using Cheat Engine. However, the code for Battle Bond and Power Construct online doesn't use 4 form entries, they only use 2. So i suggest you remove the extra ones.
  • Another thing would be to replace the Stick Item in the PBS with Leek and Vicegrip with Visegrip, like in Gen 8. But that's just nitpicking.
Thank you for the suggestions! I've added most of the new gen 8 sprites from Smogon like you suggested, the consistency is much better. I've decided to remove the Pokemon Zero methods since people don't read (makes it easier for errors going forward).
I've added the method for Farfetch'd and Yamask, but I'm not really sure what the issue is with the other ones since the only place Pokémon evolutions like Perrserker are defined are in forms.txt
I've removed the extra forms for Zygarde and Greninja (and added the missing Zygarde sprites I didn't realise I didn't have lol).
Your final point was already a feature. I'll probably update later today.

Mashirosakura

Discord Mod

v4, various fixes.

Hi, me again. I've done some reworks in prep for a v18 update. You can still use most of these files in the newest essentials version that I'm aware of, an exception being the pokemon.txt file. The image files and the other pbs files should work fine.
I've added most of the new Gen 8 sprites from Smogon fo consistency's sake. I've decided to remove the Pokemon Zero methods since people don't read (makes it easier for errors going forward). Alolan evolutions in v18 are done by form so it's...

EvoLi

Rookie
I get his when trying to play the game:
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: RuntimeError

File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 25, key Evolutions

RAICHU,ItemNotInAlola,THUNDERSTONE,RAICHU,ItemInAlola,THUNDERSTONE

Compiler:418:in `checkEnumField'

Compiler:403:in `csvEnumField!'

Compiler:1706:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1698:in `each'

Compiler:1698:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1695:in `loop'

Compiler:1775:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1680:in `each'

Compiler:1680:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1679:in `each'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Samuel\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentials\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Could you please help me?

Mashirosakura

Discord Mod
I get his when trying to play the game:
Pokemon Essentials
[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: RuntimeError

File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 25, key Evolutions

RAICHU,ItemNotInAlola,THUNDERSTONE,RAICHU,ItemInAlola,THUNDERSTONE

Compiler:418:in `checkEnumField'

Compiler:403:in `csvEnumField!'

Compiler:1706:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1698:in `each'

Compiler:1698:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1695:in `loop'

Compiler:1775:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1680:in `each'

Compiler:1680:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1679:in `each'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Samuel\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentials\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Could you please help me?

download the latest version

NugatorySheep

Rookie
Okay, I dunno if I accidentally downloaded the wrong thing or not but the PBS files I got had lost of spelling mistakes or were just outright missing things, so I spent the last few hours fixing them (or tried at least). My game runs without crashes so I must've done something right, at least. Here are my PBS files, they're for v18. A couple of notes:

- I changed all instances of Leek to Stick, to match the original files I had.
- I rearranged IDs for some items since the item PBS wasn't made for v18 there was a lot of overlap.
- There are some gaps between item numbers
- Not everything has a sprite but 99 percent of things do
- I changed Galarian Farfetch'd to evolve at level 30 because LandCritical wasn't recognized by my game (I assume I need to code that in and at this point I'm just trying to get all the Pokemon in the game, not code every gen 8 feature)

TO GET ALL THE POKEMON SPRITES DOWNLOAD FROM THE OP, THE IMAGES I HAVE ARE FOR EVERY ITEM AFTER 525! Only copy over the Pokemon sprites from the OP, then take my item sprites and put them in the Icons folder. If it asks to overwrite say yes.

Disclaimer: My game is virtually untouched in terms of scripts and maps so if you've made a lot of changes there I can't promise this'll work, but hopefully it helps someone.

LINK: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DL2eOC4y388bEMXKqrGjytPCpF8Fiezo?usp=sharing

Lemme know if the link doesn't work or if there's something wrong with the files.

Back