• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon TR Edition - V0.40 - Playable Demo - Fast Bugfixes - Feedback Appreciated!

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.

CONTENT WARNING: This is a game intended for mature audiences. It addresses marginalized groups, war, sexual themes, violent crimes, politics, substance abuse, and other sensitive material. Player discretion is advised.

Download Links:

Patches

None Yet. Current Version Available Above.

Introduction

I was watching Thundaga's guides on YouTube on how to make a Pokemon Game, and I decided that it would be fun to make a game myself! I've seen a million other Pokemon games follow the formula of starting off in Pallet, beating the GYMS, and eventually becoming the Pokemon Champion. Along those games, you always beat up on the evil team of the game. The plan this time was to make a darker game. With a little bit more of an adult focus. A game where you weren't defeating the evil team...but instead what if you were a member? This is my first game, and I would love any and all feedback! <3 Rocket, out!

Story

The Kanto Region. A place where many trainers start their Pokemon journey! However, some trainers aren't as lucky as others. Maybe due to a previous criminal record, they couldn't get their official trainer cards. Maybe they just chose to shun normal society, and instead attempt to rule the underground. Whatever their motivations, we all unite under a single man - Giovanni. Leader of Team Rocket. As a grunt of Team Rocket, you'll be assigned all sorts of duties - Kidnapping. Murder. Arson. Extortion. Blackmail. The life of a criminal isn't always easy.

You are something special as far as Team Rocket grunts go though. Giovanni sees more potential in you. Among the grunts there are a few that advance to the role of being a Rocket Admin. Admin's have their own grunts to command, and are given more free reign to do as they please.

That's your dream - Not to become the Pokemon Champion. Not to make friends with Pokemon. You want to be part of the organization that will eventually control the world. One day, you may even find yourself in Giovanni's seat.

Good luck in your mission Rocket.

Features

Pokemon from Generations 1+2

Overworld Encounters

Darkness Evolution - Custom Dark Pokemon!

A new storyline which varies slightly based on decisions

Two strong rivals - Ash Ketchum and Gary Oak.

Custom Abilities on a few select Pokemon

New Music

HM Items

&& More to be added!

Credits

LucksackGames - Spriting/Eventing/Mapping

Pokemon Essentials - Flameguru/Maruno/Peter O

Pokemon Assets & Game Music - Nintendo/Game Freak

Map Pack - JohtoBlaziken

Increase Speed Script - Marin

Pokecommunity Discord - Helping me not suck at this with coding fixes. <3

Chris Kokolios - Some music

Soccersam - Scripting / Testing

TCGCA - Testing

SuzukiLA - Beta Testing / Spriting

Rexfrancesco - Spriting

Windswirl - Spriting (Also check out their Deviant!)

Okride - Beta Testing

Evilapple513 - Title Screen

derFischae - Overworld Encounters

Big_Yazza - Music

Everything should now be properly credited! :)

Screenshots

Fangame Progression!

Currently finished to the fourth Gym.

Currently working on the Questing System.

SAVE OFTEN! This is my first fangame, there will almost certainly be glitches and softlocks, and I don't want you to lose progress!

Please report any softlocks to be by posting here, or email - (removed)! Thank you!

Have an idea you want added to the game? Let me know! I'm still super new at this and want to learn and grow!

Since this game is currently V 0.40, expect there to be updates and changes to Pokemon, and the storyline!

Let's Plays! ♥️

Version Updates and Planned Updates

V0.32 -

■Custom Intro (I had been playing and testing with the intro skipped, enabled to upload and Oak doesn't make much sense. Sorry for now!)

■Finished Lavender Tower

■Finished Silph Co

V0.33 -

■Map Reworks by Soccersam and LucksackGames

■EV/IV Screen for checking Pokemon

■Fixed SS Anne Bug

V0.34 -

■More Map Reworks by LucksackGames

■Fixed teleport bugs that would stick you in walls

V0.35-

■4th Gym

■Game Corner

■Various Mapfixes

■Celadon Event

V0.36-

■Move Relearner

■Various Mapfixes

■Various Bugfixes

■Fixed Cut

V0.37-

■Updated Some Shops

■Various Mapfixes

■Various Bugfixes

■Music Updated

V0.38-

■Fixed Silph Co

■Two Custom Abilities Added - Patient Power and Predator

■Fixed Celadon Event

V0.39-

■Fixed Misty Death Glitch

■Fixed Death Warp Glitch

■Fixed Bill Glitch

■New Sprite for Dark Alakazam

V0.40-

■Overworld Encounters

■Updated Sprites and Abilities on some Pokemon

Plans for V0.40-

■Adding Male/Female/Nonbinary Sprites

■Questing System

■Maybe more! Depends on your input!

splash.png

Last edited by a moderator:

LucksackGames

Rookie
Working on adding at least one gym, possibly two in the next update :) Also, I have the sprites for the promotion finished!

Back