• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Pokémon HGSS: Sevii Islands (Beta 3.3 now out!)

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
Project Status
Released
Project Version
qw8FFML.png

Welcome to Pokémon HGSS: Sevii Islands!

So, a little while ago I was bored and decided to completely remake the Sevii Islands in their entirety with HGSS tilesets, since HGSS is probably my favorite adittion of the core series, and it's always been my dream to have the Sevii Islands in a main game again (I feel not having them in HGSS was a wasted opportunity, but I do understand why they're not in the game). So I did, it took some time but I did, I remade the seven islands, plus Navel Rock and Birth Island in HGSS style, and they were sitting on a RPG Maker XP file for a while until the quarantine started. I was so bored, I decided I'd finally get around to making and actually releasing a Pokémon fan game, and I felt it was just right to create my dream: what would have happened if the Sevii Islands were actually in HGSS. And so, here we are!

This game is set right after the events of Pokémon HeartGold / SoulSilver, as if it were the continuation of the games;
As such, the player starts his/her adventure in this game with some familiar items;
There is a little questionnaire in the beginning of the game to determine how you start the game (starter, game version, gender, and some more little details);
All of the plot and events of HeartGold / SoulSilver are "canon", however, some optional stuff in HGSS did not happen (as they were optional, and to be able to create some more plotlines in this game), such as: optional Legendary Pokémon. Meaning the only legendaries the player actually caught, in this game, are: the game version mascot and Suicune. Also, the only wifi event that's being considered "canon", for story purposes, is the Celebi event.

Plot:
After defeating Red in Pokémon HeartGold / SoulSilver, Eusine asks for you to come with him to the Sevii Islands, since the remaining Legendary Beasts (Raikou and Entei) were spotted there, and there have been sightings of Team Rocket in the Sevii Islands, as well as rumors about Giovanni being back... Why is Team Rocket back again, and what could possibly be their business in the Sevii Islands?

Features:
-Mega Pokémon, including Gigantamax Megas and Custom Megas (coming in the final version);
-Following Pokémon;
-Randomizer Mode;
-Pokégear with new features (storage, money bank, quest log, etc);
-To stay faithful to HGSS, only Gen 1-4 Pokémon are in the game, with no Fairy Type. TMs are now infinite use, however;
-Chapters instead of Gyms (since there are no gyms in the Sevii Islands). Currently there are 6 chapters playable, out of 8 planned, which consist of One to Five Island and a bit more. There are also some sidequests and 4 Legendary Pokémon to catch;
-Press "Shift" to speed up your game;
-Controls are fully customizable;
-Currently, there's around 6 hours of content;
-New and remixed music (and various sound effects, such as waterfall, lava, etc).

Come join our Discord server for exclusive sneak-peaks, more up-to-date news, reporting bugs or requesting help, and more!
https://discord.gg/CnZPvXP
qST6ug1.png

KN9mIIh.png
gMehdTt.png

xhnAvKG.png
pAvV8zp.png

pdKFIa8.png
bso04jV.png

tgAZwWB.png
jo54ntN.png
Y4JSJJm.png
NgunoiM.png
tynX4PH.png
AVMheF6.png
y1DTLZ8.png
4l31MHH.png

J0rtca4.png
ug2dAYl.png
eZZv9a6.png
dbq9HJh.png

KqG4rct.png
kxCbh80.png

i1FOoaO.png
exETXwa.png

LEtev7i.png
5yUjW0t.png

pb6JGlE.png
Ybu50uA.png

tvsfiFj.png
zYj6y08.png

1eCr4HE.png
PITxw6H.png

Note: Currently, in Beta 3.2, there are 6 chapters playable, out of 8 planned, which consist of One to Five Island and a bit more. There are also some sidequests and 4 Legendary Pokémon to catch.
Note 2: You can get a special Mystery Gift as thanks for playing the game.

Beta 3.2: https://www.mediafire.com/file/4meo3w3so8k70aa/Pokémon+HGSS+Sevii+Islands+Beta+3.2.rar/file
DOWNLOAD THIS AS WELL: https://www.mediafire.com/file/la96l0bhnn4jtm2/Pok%C3%A9mon_HGSS_Sevii_Islands_Patch_3.3.rar/file
Download the first link, and then just replace the file from the second link (Map206.rxdata) with the one already in the Data folder.

Beta 3.3:
Fixed a game-breaking bug that sometimes happened during a story event on Three Isle Beach.

Beta 3.2:
Fixed a bug that activated a story event before it was supposed to.

Beta 3.1:
Fixed a bug which could prevent you from Mega Evolving Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard and Gengar.

Beta 3.0:
New and improved features:
Chapters 4, 5 and 6 added, meaning the first 5 islands are now fully explorable;
There is now a questlog in the PokéGear for Main Quests (colored white), and the Side Quests (colored gold);
Gigantamax Pokémon are now in the game. They're implemented like Megas; they need a Mega Stone to be able to change form. Added more Megas Stones as well;
Fixed and improved the Randomizer Mode for a much better experience with it, but removed the Nuzlocke Mode due to being buggy and low interest;
Added 2 more Legendary Pokémon; there are now 4 available Legendaries for you to catch;
Added a Move Deleter in One Island's Pokémon Center;
A lot of nice tiny new features!

Fixed:
Optimized all the maps so that the lag is even less noticeable. If you are still experiencing lag, it should be minimal and limited to a very small amount of areas. Otherwise, please report it to me;
Created a custom script for spin tiles so that they don't lag anymore (if you remember the lag in the Rocket Warehouse in previous versions, you'll know what I'm talking about);
Changed the levels of many trainers to make the game more balanced;
Team Rocket grunts now have a wider variety of Pokémon (to not have them always only have Pokémon from the same 3 or 4 families);
Fixed a lot of bugs regarding Following Pokémon;
Fixed the animations of ! and ? to make them more accurate to the main games;
Balanced the sound of some songs to not make your eardrums burst anymore;
A lot of minor bugs.

Beta 2.3:
Fixes a game breaking bug.

Beta 2.2:
Fixes some bugs:
Some battles which didn't have audio;
Some Following Pokémon glitches during surfing;
Some graphical bugs concerning the female player overworld sprite.

Beta 2.1:
Fixes some bugs:
Fainted Pokémon not coming back after healing;
When getting out of the water with a fainted Pokémon in front, the player no longer takes 2 steps forward, which previously possibly allowed the player to get stuck;
A small graphical error in all Pokémon Centers.

Beta 2.0:
Some added features and corrected bugs:
Lots of Following Pokémon improvements to make it resemble HGSS even more (no longer trainers will walk over your Pokémon; your Pokémon doesn't automatically turn when you do; etc.);
The first 3 islands (One Island, Two Island and Three Island) are fully explorable;
The lag is 90% fixed. If you're still experiencing lag, it shouldn't be anything significant.
Mega Evolution is now accessible;
Press "Shift" to speed up your game! Also, your controls are customizable now, just go to "Options";
Etc.

Patch 1.2: Fixes Pokémon not following the player after losing to Ariana.

Patch 1.1: Fixes Pokémon Center crash when healing Pokémon and a visual bug in a map.

Beta 1.0: Original release, first island available (which includes the first 2 chapters).

PurpleZaffre - Creator
(FaperJr on PokéCommunity)

---------------

Beta Testers:
madmanjr
NocTurn
Fst
avery
AlolanIvysaur
Foxowl

---------------

-Music & Sounds:

PurpleZaffre
Jonas B. Ingebretsen
BlueJackG
DJ_Reshiram
Lohweo
HappyDragonite
TGH
PokéMixr92
Saxmast3r
Brojito
LukeeGD
Dialga22239
DerxwnaKapsyla
GRonnoc
HoopsandHipHop
Zame
Smouv
NintenSheet
Nanashima
BadSamaritan
NightDefined
KunningFox
DKen2021
Fakemon123
Deo
iteachvader
GaragebandPoke
Bliitzit
LD3005
Atlantic Records
Overlap
Media Factory
Pikachu Records
Shinji Miyazaki
pokemonags
hnturs12
Red6095
Lumify
Gil
KaiserLeospike
MC Bomber
PokemonRater
VGMusicMaker

---------------

-Scripts:

PurpleZaffre
Marty152
WolfPP
Marin
Mr. Gela
KleinStudios
Zeus81
Boonzeet
Crystal Noel
raZ
NuriYuri
Savordez
Kyu
avery
Pistis
Obito
Clara
Vendily
Tustin2121
cilerba
-FL-
BlackOutG5
DekuSamurai
Hansiec
DL Kurosh
SunakazeKun
Lucidious89
LostSoulsDev
Deouen
mej71
Luka S.J.
Mario Gamer
YoshiCLONE
Shiney570
TheTrain2000
dragonnite
Zeak6464
Help-14
Zingzags
Venom12
rayd12smitty
DerxwnaKapsyla
thesuzerain
BlackEternity
AtomicReactor
Alaguesia
Drimer
Wichu
Umbreon

---------------

-Tiles:

PurpleZaffre
zlolxd
Heartlessdragoon
Phyromatical
Gamefreak
Cilerba
Akizakura16
FloofyPanthar
Keh-Ven
the red ex
19dante19
Neo-Spriteman
Calis
Alistair
flurmimon
crocovyle
thegreatblaid
gigatom
princelegendario
princessmagic
rayd12smitty
leilou
Crazyninjaguy
WilsonScarloxy
Aigue--Marine
Prince Legandario
Zeak6464
yourii54
chimcharsfireworkd
Mr. Gela
Thunderdove
EternalTakai
SpartaLazor
Tsuka
Iametrine
Gamershow
Kymotonian
Godofthesky
Light-PA
LilaTraube
Zeo
RedKnightX
WilliamGJ
MrBlueOctober
DarkDragoon
EVoLiNa
NSora-96
Heavy-Metal-Lover
Gallanty
Minothreat0987
BoOmxBiG
Hek-el-grande
ThatsSoWitty
sagaxxy
EpicDay
warox1994
zerudez
Zeo254
Kimotonian
help-14
thurpok
Warpras
MoonTIK
spaceemotion
Rayquaza-dot
Manuxd789
Rossay
WesleyFG
xAlien95
LotusKing
TyranitarDark
UltimoSpriter
DonLawride
ChaoticCherryCake
Speedialga
CrimsonTakai
Kizemaru-Kurunosuke
EpicDay
MinorThreat0987
kaitoooo
UltimateTraveler
Magiscarf
peekychew
CNickC
Alucus
Kyledove
Dewitty
CNC
zetavares852
Lightbulb15
JayLuxray
Droid779
Ulithium_Dragon

---------------

-Overworlds Characters:

PurpleZaffre
chasemortier
Dewitty
Kymotonian
Chocosrawloid
milomilotic11
Brawlzilla
Neo-Spriteman

---------------

-Overworld Pokémon

PrincessPhoenix
LunarDusk
help-14
csandoval
2and2makes5
MissingLukey
Zyon17
Kymotonian
cSc-A7X
Pokegirl4ever
Fernandojl
Silver-Skies
TyranitarDark
Getsuei-H
Kid1513
milomilotic11
Kyt666
kdiamo11
Chocosrawlooid
Syledude
Gallanty
Gizamimi-Pichu
SageDeoxys

---------------

-Mega & Gigantamax Pokémon Sprites:

www.smogon.com
Farriella
TrainerSplash
Layell
Noscium
Ice-cold Claws
doomchaos
Luigi Player
Branflakes325
Siiilver
Snivy101
Speed-X
Sleet
RedRooster
Quanyails
aXl
Turtleye
Wobblebuns
TheCynicalPoet
Glustora
Bynine
TeraVolt
Tyrell D. Barnes
Arkeis
goldenbanana
Legitimate Username
Wyverii
Mos_Quitoxe
viperdk1
ThatGuyYouKnow
Kyuzeth
Arhops
Dleep
CoolStoryBoat
WPS
Brylark
leparagon
ThatChar
princess-phoenix
Kalalokki
RadicalCharizard

---------------

-Other Graphics:

PurpleZaffre
Deo
Aki
Mario Gamer
Rune
YoshiCLONE
Erassus
Eli
Brom
Overwordly
ArtpopTrainer
Zenionith
Richard PT
Mykala Tchaeschke
Glench
ARandomRiver
NX-Kun
Lemon
SpartaLazor
Tricko1
shivanking
Mucrush
vg-resource.com
Ploaj
PhoenixOfLight92
RBRNNova
virizion66
Nephae
TiniVi
HyperTurtle32
xMachaku
MasterVictini
Valtoma
PoLlOrOn
Chidoridude55
Raven

---------------

EBS (Elite Battle System):

Sprites:
-GameFreak:
Original sprites from B/W/2 games
-Pokecheck.org:
Ripping the sprites from B2/W2 roms
-Luka S.J.:
Indexing and formatting the sprites
-PinkCatDragon:
GIF to PNG conversion
-Spriters-Resource (redblueyellow):
Gen 5 ball sprites

Battle Backgrounds:
-Eli:
Ripping and compiling the backgrounds
-lilatraube:
Some B2/W2 battle bases

Custom UI:
-Luka S.J.:
Design, formatting and implementation

Sound Effects:
-GameFreak:
Original sound effects from B/W/2 games
-BadSamaritan:
Ripping the sound effects

---------------

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Luka S.J.
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Harshboy
Rataime
help-14
SoundSpawn
IceGod64
the__end
Jacob O. Wobbrock
Venom12
KitsuneKouta
Wachunga
Lisa Anthony
xLeD
and everyone else who helped out

---------------

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

---------------

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

---------------

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

---------------

A special thank you to everyone
from the Relic Castle community!

Attachments

• chapter_5 (2).png
    chapter_5 (2).png
    6.3 KB · Views: 8,293
  • Faraway_Island (2).png
    Faraway_Island (2).png
    417.5 KB · Views: 8,713
  • unknown-46 (2).png
    unknown-46 (2).png
    145 KB · Views: 8,575
  • unknown (16).png
    unknown (16).png
    109.2 KB · Views: 8,732
  • unknown (15).png
    unknown (15).png
    44.8 KB · Views: 8,443
  • logo.png
    logo.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 42,491
Last edited:

bassplayer

Novice
Man, I don't know what's going on, but your game was very slow. I couldn't even go farther than the initial cutscene. Anyway, your game looks gourgeous, the Pokémon you give the player are diverse and give us the feeling of post-game game you're intending.

Good luck with the development.

Man, I don't know what's going on, but your game was very slow. I couldn't even go farther than the initial cutscene. Anyway, your game looks gourgeous, the Pokémon you give the player are diverse and give us the feeling of post-game game you're intending.

Good luck with the development.

The game's current release is a bit laggy, I know, due to various things, but I've been working on reducing the lag for the next version.
I'm sorry, and thank you for your feedback!

Beta 2.0 is here, and it fixes the horrendous lag!

NOTE: If you are updating from Beta 1.0 / Beta 1.1 / Beta 1.2, please save your game inside a building / cave (such as the Pokémon Center) before updating to Beta 2.0! Else, there is a chance you may get stuck due to me having to move the outside maps around a bit.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/p1wndjnmlel6969/Pok%C3%A9mon_HGSS_Sevii_Islands_Beta_2.0.rar/file

Beta 2.0 has the first 3 islands fully complete, and the beta ends right at the begining of Chapter #4.

Some added features and corrected bugs:
- Lots of Following Pokémon improvements to make it resemble HGSS even more (no longer trainers will walk over your Pokémon; your Pokémon doesn't automatically turn when you do; etc.);
- The first 3 islands (One Island, Two Island and Three Island) are fully explorable;
- The lag is 90% fixed. If you're still experiencing lag, it shouldn't be anything significant.
- Mega Evolution is now accessible;
- Press "Shift" to speed up your game! Also, your controls are customizable now, just go to "Options";
- Etc.

Here are some screenshots:
y1DTLZ8.png
4l31MHH.png

J0rtca4.png
ug2dAYl.png

Last edited:

Aldo

Adventurer
Loving the game so far~
Just something minor though. The Low HP theme still kept playing after my Pokémon had fainted and I sent out another Pokémon

Loving the game so far~
Just something minor though. The Low HP theme still kept playing after my Pokémon had fainted and I sent out another Pokémon
Very glad to know you're liking it!
Thank you for reporting that bug, I noticed that too and in the next version it will be fixed :)

emzee

Novice
Hi! I'm currently playing this and I'm enjoying it so far. I decided to backtrack a bit to find the megastones I can before heading off to Three Island and I encountered this glitch.

I can't move the Strength rock towards the top and I can't reach that megastone. Anyway, would you be able to fix this in an update? Thank you and I'll continue playing the game!

Hi! I'm currently playing this and I'm enjoying it so far. I decided to backtrack a bit to find the megastones I can before heading off to Three Island and I encountered this glitch.

I can't move the Strength rock towards the top and I can't reach that megastone. Anyway, would you be able to fix this in an update? Thank you and I'll continue playing the game!

Hello, I'm very glad to hear you're enjoying it so far!
While I was playtesting for the next version I encountered this glitch too and I already fixed it, so it will definitely be fixed in the next update.
Thank you very much, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

We now have a Discord server! Come join for exclusive sneak-peaks, more up-to-date news, reporting bugs or requesting help, and more!
The next update is taking a bit longer to release since I'm choosing to release less updates but with more content, rather than many short updates. I hope you understand! :)

Last edited:
We're now in the final phase of beta testing Version 3.0!
This next beta should come out in no more than 2 weeks, and will have 6 available chapters, out of 8 total, with ~6h of content!
Here are some screenshots to get you excited for the next release:
KN9mIIh.png
gMehdTt.png

xhnAvKG.png
pAvV8zp.png

pdKFIa8.png
bso04jV.png
chapter_5.png
Faraway_Island.png

unknown-46.png
unknown (11).png

unknown (12).png
And don't forget to join our Discord server! We have exclusive sneak-peaks, more up-to-date news, reporting bugs or requesting help, and more!

Last edited:
Beta 3.0 is finally here!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/249b46ongce24zm/Pok%C3%A9mon_HGSS_Sevii_Islands_Beta_3.0.rar/file

Beta 3.0 has the first 5 islands fully complete, and the beta ends right after Chapter #6 ends. There is about ~6h worth of content.
You can see some screenshots in the post right above this one!

And as always, don't forget to join our discord server: https://discord.gg/CnZPvXP

New and improved features:
  • Chapters 4, 5 and 6 added, meaning the first 5 islands are now fully explorable;
  • There is now a questlog in the PokéGear for Main Quests (colored white), and the Side Quests (colored gold);
  • Gigantamax Pokémon are now in the game. They're implemented like Megas; they need a Mega Stone to be able to change form. Added more Megas Stones as well;
  • Fixed and improved the Randomizer Mode for a much better experience with it, but removed the Nuzlocke Mode due to being buggy and low interest;
  • Added 2 more Legendary Pokémon; there are now 4 available Legendaries for you to catch;
  • Added a Move Deleter in One Island's Pokémon Center;
  • A lot of nice tiny new features!

Fixed:
  • Optimized all the maps so that the lag is even less noticeable. If you are still experiencing lag, it should be minimal and limited to a very small amount of areas. Otherwise, please report it to me;
  • Created a custom script for spin tiles so that they don't lag anymore (if you remember the lag in the Rocket Warehouse in previous versions, you'll know what I'm talking about);
  • Changed the levels of many trainers to make the game more balanced;
  • Team Rocket grunts now have a wider variety of Pokémon (to not have them always only have Pokémon from the same 3 or 4 families);
  • Fixed a lot of bugs regarding Following Pokémon;
  • Fixed the animations of ! and ? to make them more accurate to the main games;
  • Balanced the sound of some songs to not make your eardrums burst anymore;
  • A lot of minor bugs.

Update:
Beta 3.1 fixes a bug which could prevent you from Mega Evolving Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard and Gengar.

Download:
For those of you who already downloaded 3.0, just replace this file (Scripts.rxdata) with the one already in the Data folder.
For those of you who are downloading the new version for the first time, just download this one instead: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dy8fmshm976n1h5/Pok%C3%A9mon_HGSS_Sevii_Islands_Beta_3.1.rar/file

I've also updated the main post with the locations of all the currently available Mega Stones and Legendary Pokémon.

Last edited:
Update:
Beta 3.3 fixes a game-breaking bug that sometimes happened during a story event on Three Isle Beach.

Download:
First, download Beta 3.2 (if you don't already have it), and then just replace this file (Map206.rxdata) with the one already in the Data folder.

Back