• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource FRLG Intro Scene v1.0

Marin submitted a new resource:

FRLG Intro Scene - The iconic Fire Red/Leaf Green intro scene brought to Pokémon Essentials.

The intro scene from Fire Red/Leaf Green, from the copyright notice up until the gengar/nidorino battle. Lacks audio as of right now, but that's not too hard to add.

This script was made for my MK Starter Kit but ported for Pokémon Essentials. As such it may not be perfect, or as smooth as the showcase video below.

Instructions
Please note that this intro scene was made for the original resolution, 480x320. This will not look good...

Read more about this resource...

Doodi94

Novice
Hi ! I just added
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
pbMEPlay("FRLG Intro")
before
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
IntroScene.start
and added this .ogg file to the ME folder and it work perfectly ! That's great thanks !

Attachments

Doodi94

Novice
Hi ! I just added
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
pbMEPlay("FRLG Intro")
before
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
IntroScene.start
and added this .ogg file to the ME folder and it work perfectly ! That's great thanks !
I also added
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
pbMEStop
after
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
if Input.trigger?(Input::C)

REALMUGEN

Trainer
Hi! thanks for this resource...

is there any way to call this intro after the Splash images, or maybe rescale it.
It turns out that once you change the resolution of the game, it always plays in the default resolution and looks kind of weird to go from a large screen size to a small screen size and then large again... Maybe calling it after the splash images can be rescaled?

Thank you very much.

Back