• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon: The Pokerus Plague

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Project Status
Completed

...What would it be like...

...In a world where everyone is the same...

...Where individuality doesn't exist...

... Where your only goal is...

SURVIVAL
unknown.png

Everything started long ago... When a virus-infested the Sherwood region... Chaos and war ensued...
But no one was there to help... no protagonist... no evil team, Just a Bio-weapon of mass destruction created by the Pokérus Laboratories. In this experiment, you play as Akira, a person infected by Pokérus. Can you help him regain what he had lost? Or will you also succumb to Pokérus?

Everyone is the same... Everyone was infected with the virus... the great equalizer

X KKRF MBJF ZSISEH ICID... HUT DYAQF GD HBEHSY QSDAQSA SWWIZGVDBC...

Game Title: Pokemon: The Pokerus Plague

Game Screenshots:
capture000.png

capture001.png

capture002.png

capture003.png

capture004.png

capture000.png

Game Download:
Download the experiment

(version 1.05)

Fixes:
-Forced POKEMED to fix a lot of grammar errors
-Changed POKEMED's program to be an OGG Player instead of an MP3 player
-Afflicted new pokemon with the POKERUS virus
-Added new username possibilities
-Made Team Pokerus Clean the city somewhat
-Fixed game-breaking Bugs
-Fixed Small little things
-Removed any traces of a possible Pokerus Cure
- GSWSHSQ [JGOV] RFBB HRI ICEAR

Make sure to save your game often!

Made Using: RPGMXP, Pokemon Essentials

Team:

Mauri - Leader, Writer, Eventer

Droid779 - Spriter, Mapper, Eventer

Kartik - Spriter, Mapper

Notes:
Sorry if there are some grammar errors I am not a natural English speaker and Grammarly and my team helped but not 100%
When you fight a trainer it says you defeated the trainer but Akira is the one that gets the prize money that's an intentional error figure it out yourself ;)
My username may be Maurili but you can call me Derek (easier to say)
there's a secret ending i think..?

Resource Pack: Pokemon Pokerus Plague Resource Pack

Credits:

Name-box by Mr. Gela
Item Crafter scene by TheKrazyGamer
Neo PauseMenu by Luka S.J.
Wild Item Drops by Cilerba
Advanced Pokemon Level Balancing By Joltik
Nuzlocke Permadeath v1.0 by NettoHikari
aveontrainer, mr hat and kyledove - sprites
Parabeetle X, Incompetech ,Soundimage- Music
Deo's Custom Day & Night Tones for Essentials
Display IV/EVs - TechSkylander1518
Free Summary Screens - Aki
Tilesets - uthilium dragon

Last edited:
Hi, I haven't gotten far but wanted to post about an issue that ends game progression!
This trainer (I think the name was something like Thief Xievier?) freezes the game after battling them. I'm guessing there's a move route that's being blocked.
eyXDLbm.png

Maurili

Not a scobunny
Oh yeah, I just checked and indeed that what is happening
you can skip this trainer trough, you can kinda skip a lot of the game if you want XD
but an update for that will be out like... now

Maurili

Not a scobunny
One of the original ideas of the game was something along with persona logic lol
Your starter Pokémon is another part of you sorta if it died you died and the opposite was true this is still somewhat true with the infected trainers battle and the Easter egg that happens if you black out

SmokedPaprika

Stinky Person
Yo, I just played your game! Here's a bullet point of things I noticed:

• The encounter rate in caves is super, super high! I'm starting a battle every 4 steps, which is very normal in beginner fangames. Lower those encounter rates!
  • I really like the idea of an empty, barren overworld following a post-apocalyptic event. I would almost like it better if there was no exposition at all to start with, and I just started on a single screen, with no words, no exposition, no detail prior to the events of the story, left to explore and piece together the story on my own.
  • I'd like to see some dialogue attached to just little objects on the game's overworld! Give it some life! It helps to add atmosphere, tone, mood, make the hallways feel less like decoration and more like an actual world.
  • Catch rates are too low! You've got a lot of Pokemon in the overworld that are difficult to catch because of their rarity, which I don't think you accounted for. It's a short, smooth game, so make it as easy for the player as possible!
  • The maps feel empty, but not tonally. Visually, they lack interesting elements that could have helped to tell a bit of the story - destroyed buildings, a deader hue, maybe even dead trees. The maps are LARGE and empty. I understand you had a deadline, though - but the story is in the visuals just as much as it is in the dialogue.
  • Remember, if you’re attempting to go for a specific style or tone, don’t bog it down too hard with narrative elements that clash too hard with it. It’s okay to have humor in a post-apocalyptic story with dark themes and a cold tone, but it would not be okay to have wall-breaking humor, as it would not fit. IE, jokes about Lord Helix.
  • Give characters, and even NPCs some personality! Some should sound gruff. Some should seem hopeless. Some should seem weak, scared, cowardly. This is a post-apocalypse! Sell it!
  • Continue improving your English and writing skills. It’s harder to get into talking plot stuff when the grammar, sentence structure is off. That’s going to be the first thing I tell any game dev before I get to their story.
But this is your first game, and you guys only had a month to do it, and I think that's absolutely superb! Y'all should be proud of yourself. You did a great job, so give yourself a pat on the back, guys.

Last edited:

SlinkyNoodle

Rookie
Hello uh
I downloaded this today and it says
"RGSS-RTP Standard not found."
So I couldn't play the game :')

GuineaPigJones

Rookie
Problem: an error saying "RGSS-RTP Standard not found" prevents the game from launching.
Solution for players: got to the rpg maker website, mouse over the downloads tab, then select additional -> run time packages. You will be asked which version of rpg maker you want. For this game, select rpg maker xp and then the correct download button should appear just below. Lastly, run the exe you download to install it. Now the game will run just fine.

Nixie_TheDragon

Rookie
the link not working i want to playit but how win its down can u please fix it so others can play it to thanks your hope to become friend nixie the dragon

CloudzChow

Rookie
I've played your game alittle and I have several question.
Aren't you aware that some of your music from FF7, I know it's free but aren't you worry about your game getting strike from Square Enix?

shadowfreak98

Rookie
It doesnt work every time i download it and extract is says RGSS-RTP Standard not found

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 321

PrincessAether

Rookie
I'm getting this same issue when attempting to start up the game. @Maurili any chance you could look into this and fix pls? thx.
I had that problem to but it was easy enough to fix i just had to install something
this should help

Last edited:

Lore-shadow

Rookie
Good game, thanks for sharing your message. And just so you know, at least one of your fans longs for a part 2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back