• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Virion

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Virion_Heading.png
widget_introduction.png

This game acts as a third act in the Pokémon Colosseum/XD sub-series of games. This project idea is a complete reimagining of an old project of mine that kinda died a little while back using RPG Maker VX Ace. I've now decided I want to bring it back using Pokémon Essentials 16 using Luka's Elite Battle. Credit for the idea goes to PhantomBima.
widget_plot.png

A stranger plot is afoot in the Fodna Region. The criminal syndicate Cipher has re-emerged after 9 years of inactivity. This time, they've got a new trick up their sleeve, a weaponized version of Pokérus, which transforms any infected Pokémon into Shadow Pokémon. In addition, Cipher is seeking out the mysterious Order Fragments, shards of a strange cube connected to the Pokémon Zygarde.
You're job as the player is to set out and explore the Fodna Region capturing Shadow Pokémon from Cipher members as well as helping find the 8 Order Fragments.
widget_screenshot.png

Protaganists:
H6k1hUP.png
LBgM11c.png
Player:
A young man/woman from Kuipa Town in the outreaches of the Fodna Region. A shy and reserved individual he/she is initially hesitant in choosing to depart on a journey and is initially indecisive about what to do. It is not until his/her first encounter with Cipher where he/she chooses to join the Pokémon Rangers and save the Fodna Region from the threat of Cipher. He/she always seems to be holding something inside, refusing to reveal it to anybody.

bDdosoM.png
4H8RQMZ.png
Julia/Caesar:
The childhood friend of the protaganist, Julia/Caesar is everything the hero is not. A confident and decisive person who already has her/his goals set out. While the player is busy saving the Fodna Region,
she/he is busy training in attempts to become the strongest trainer in Fodna. As a result she/he will constantly challenge the player thoughout his/her journey to track her/his progress.

ikOFADB.png
Blake:
An aspiring Pokémon Ranger, Blake is a kind and tenderhearted boy with a lot of energy and passion for nature and for what's right and good. He is always looking out for his friends and won't hesitate to charge into battle to do the right thing, even if it gets him into trouble. Sometimes however, that recklessness can get others into trouble as well.

skiCblM.png
Aria:
A young upper-class woman who is has grown tired of living the life of the social elite and seeks more adventure in life. Her desire is to explore the Fodna Region to learn as much as she can about the world and the people who inhabit it.

WTHheYO.png
Professor Cedric Juniper:
A professor of Pokémon distribution and biology, Juniper is the Uncle of the protagonist and the brother of the player's late father. He has spent the last couple years going back and forth between Fodna and Unova in order to keep and watchful eye on the player. He is always there to tell the player about his/her current location when called.

eUslHTn.png
Professor Oak:
The world famous Professor Oak from Kanto is visiting the Fodna Region to collaborate on some research with Professor Juniper. Upon arrival, he thanks the player by giving him/her a Pokédex for his/her journey. Throughout the journey will, offer special rewards to the player for catching Pokémona and filling the pages of the Pokédex.

dkQX6aM.png
Eldes:
A regional leader for the Pokémon Rangers, Eldes seeks to make the world a better place, as a means to atone for a prior crime, or so he says. He plays a major role in assisting the player defeat Cipher for reasons that he refuses to share.

yImS0Dc.png
N:
Once the King of Team Plasma, N has now since left the organization following the revelation of it's corruptions and a newfound awareness to the bond between people and Pokémon. His mission statement is to find and rescue Pokémon who are being abused by their trainers. In addition, he encourages the player to catch and purify every single Shadow Pokémon to ease their suffering.

nNp50Oc.png
Colress:
A scientist studying the potential of Pokémon, Colress seeks to discover the nature of Shadow Pokémon as well as the power of Z-Move and Mega Evolution. He will assist the player when necessary and will occasionally employ his/her help to further his/her research.

qbCJhtz.png
Cid:
An aviator and mechanic, Cid is the proud owner of an airship that can fly at incredible speeds.
He, however, does not lend his services for domestic flights, he only provides his services for long voyages to and from other regions, such as the mostly uninhabited Frontier Isles.
Cipher Admins:
Ii9SUbY.png
Miror B:
One of the original four Cipher Admins, Miror B. is back and groovier than ever. This flamboyant dancing king will stop and nothing to achieve Cipher's goals and look fly doing it.

eUdqQbu.png
Aelia:
Despite her tender and motherly appearance, Aelia is a rutheless agent of evil and has few qualms about doing harm to people and Pokémon who get in her way.

mYy3qKZ.png
Edea:
A former member of Team Rocket, Edea is working on excavating the ominously named Ruins of Death. She however, has no regard for preserving the history of the ruins or for the health and well-being of the inhabitants of Scorpious Town.

YOxAPVi.png
Jack:
A seeker of Powerful Pokémon, Jack has goals to awaken the many Legendary and Mythical Pokémon in the Fodna Region in order to capture them and turn them into unstoppable Shadow Pokémon.

rrpXw5u.png
Ein:
Another one of the original four admins, Ein has continued his Reseach and Development of the Shadow Pokémon creation process to where it can be spread from Pokémon to Pokémon like a virus.
He, in addition, has begun work on continuing Lovrina's XD-Line of Shadow Pokémon who are impervious to purification, even to the way that XD001 was purified.
widget_game_mechanics.png

Shadow Pokémon: Shadow Pokémon are Pokémon that have had the door to their hearts closed by artificial means. This once used to be only possible in Cipher's sinister labs, but now can happen anywhere due to Cipher's new little virus. To purify a Shadow Pokémon, the player must battle with and carry a Pokémon on hand intil it is ready to purified. Once that point is ready, a Shadow Pokémon can either be purified via the Purify Chamber or at the Lake of Purity.
Poké Pager: The Poké Pager acts as the replacement for HMs in the Fodna Region. It allows the player to page Special Help Pokémon to help clear obtacles in his/her way.
Birthsigns: Pokémon now have special Birthsigned based on which month is was born in. Each birthsign grants special benefits to the Pokémon.
Pokémon Following: Pokémon can now follow the player around like they did in Heart Gold and Soul Silver. The following Pokémon can find items for the player as they travel around the Fodna Region.
widget_screenshot.png

Note: Some screenshots may be outdated.
Field:
lLvnJZ4.png
ts4w1gu.png
Il0P0kE.png
u6tK11Z.png
HUXt9Ef.png
Hajj8O2.png
xk2t68D.png
oARCLSB.png
PJ1ySi6.png
XGoA65K.png
spDEW0X.png
WIXahj8.png
LfIGE7b.png
NoJN83B.png
xZdTcjS.png
64U7sqy.png
ZhBcg5j.png
wvtYSDT.png
yUWw5wJ.png
FSLdYbt.png
6oVJneS.png
dFoscdU.png
q51DeYO.png

Battle (Luka's Elite Battle System):
hP2UJV1.png
pBcF2fs.png
EDu5ord.png
lqQoEGw.png
IZeNkSp.png
Tj8N7HM.png
0zs9x6Z.png
UmcXqFr.png
BsglXyP.png
xzlhYkc.png
ZXapOMY.png

Menus:
ZXsJQ40.png
vc3XomC.png
J2uY9iS.png
IceY0fJ.png
jUr5oXC.png
yyA431A.png
wxCJEIY.png
0yYEaqJ.png
rd1bQPa.png
nMLOrkz.png
f8AsBoT.png
9fFtMtI.png
fMeGRrD.png
iMnWyP1.png
BD5WlMQ.png
rU6H5xr.png
UcViFAL.png
DdQWIgP.png
df9bHmV.png
mfBg95E.png
6gxlwME.png
tXbjY9T.png
vyhOwQ5.png
ENvEd8I.png

Other:
PDBfDMk.png
ydMiG1s.png
WHQvEVe.png
1GlpQUI.png
3knKI36.png
lW2ciQj.png
widget_recruitment.png

I need the following:
  • Spriter to make UI Elements for the Game
  • Person capable of creating Gen 5 Overworld and Trainer Sprites
  • Someone able to compile overworld sprites of all the Generation 6 and 7 Pokémon
  • Eventers to help me create NPCs
  • Possibly a scripter who is more familiar with the Essentials Engine than I am
widget_download.png

Demo: Version 2.08
Known Bugs:
  • There is a slight graphical hicup when the player player crosses a map boundry with a following Pokémon
  • Generation 7 and Alolan forms do not have sprites and will not display correctly as followers, this is due to not having sprites for them yet.
  • When crossing a bridge or traversing up and down stairs there is some issue with the following Pokémon following behind the player.
  • The game may occassionally crash upon start-up citing an error in the script "Resource_SmartDownload." Ignore this, it occurs randomly and can't be traced easily. (I think this is fixed, but I'm not 100% sure)
Credits:
Idea:
  • Crystal Noel
  • PhantomaBima
Source Research:
  • Serebii
  • Bulbapedia
  • Pokémon Database
  • Smogon
Scripting:
  • Crystal Noel
  • Luka S.J.
  • Nuri Yuri
  • GiraPrimal
  • FL
  • Mej
  • KleinStudio
  • shiney570
  • rigbycwts
  • Richard PT
  • Lucidious89
  • ForeverZer0
  • Black Eternity
Audio:
Graphics:
  • pokecheck.org (site now defunct)
  • Pokémon Showdown Sprite Repository
  • Pikachumazzinga
  • Crasher TN
  • darkKitsuneoflight
  • CharlieDawg
  • Vendily
  • shiney570
  • Vannah☆
  • redblueyellow
  • UltimoSpriter
  • SpartaLazor
  • RadicalRaptr
  • princess-phoenix
  • Manuxd789
  • Eli-eli76
  • necrolichmon
  • Rayquaza-dot
  • Kyle-Dove
  • BoOmxBiG
Mapping:
  • Crystal Noel
  • Ras!
Writing:
  • Crystal Noel
  • PhantomaBima
Elite Battle System:
Sprites:
  • GameFreak | Original sprites from B/W/2 games
  • Pokecheck.org | Ripping the sprites from B2/W2 roms
  • Luka S.J. | Indexing and formatting the sprites
  • PinkCatDragon | GIF to PNG conversion
  • Tebited15 | B/W styled trainer Red sprite
  • Spriters-Resource (redblueyellow) | Gen 5 ball sprites
Battle Backgrounds:
  • Eli | Ripping and compiling the backgrounds
  • lilatraube | Some B2/W2 battle bases
  • Custom UI:
  • Luka S.J. | Design, formatting and implementation
Scripts:
  • Luka S.J. | Elite Battle System
  • Maruno | General help and support
  • PinkCatDragon | GIF to PNG converter
  • Pokémon Essentials (Maruno + Poccil + Flameguru +contibutors) | Base system
Sound Effects:
  • GameFreak | Original sound effects from B/W/2 games
  • BadSamaritan | Ripping the sound effects
Other:
  • AceRidley406 | For move animation reference
"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
  • Flameguru
  • Poccil (Peter O.)
  • Maruno
With contributions from:
  • Luka S.J.
  • Boushy
  • MiDas Mike
  • Brother1440
  • Near Fantastica
  • FL.
  • PinkMan
  • Genzai Kawakami
  • Popper
  • Harshboy
  • Rataime
  • help-14
  • SoundSpawn
  • IceGod64
  • the__end
  • Jacob O. Wobbrock
  • Venom12
  • KitsuneKouta
  • Wachunga
  • Lisa Anthony
  • xLeD
  • and everyone else who helped out
"RPG Maker XP" by:
  • Enterbrain
Pokémon is owned by:
  • The Pokémon Company
  • Nintendo
  • Affiliated with Game Freak
This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Last edited:

Killerbash9000

The Meme Stealer
Hey,i played virion yesterday,tried to play it now and my save file was lost,and i saved like a buttload of times,and there was a save file where i had a oricorio,toucannon,and a litten,tried using that save file but it just exited the game,i deleted the save file after that.

I'm really loving this game so far! The music and concept are really wonderful! (and I love the birthsign mechanics!)

That said, I do have a couple of nitpicky things.
  • The tree in the player's house has the wrong passability, I think-I could step right onto it.
  • Julia/Caesar says to the player "He says she's asked you to run an errand for you" and I can't make sense of what they meant.
  • At the start of the game, Oak says "Hi! There!" I know it's a silly typo to point out, but it's the very first impression of the game for people that aren't reading this thread, so I'd hate for it to leave the wrong impression.
  • The intro music is considerably quieter than the rest of the game music. It's not a huge deal, but I notice that I try to turn up my volume to hear the intro, and then the rest of the sound becomes a little too loud.
  • If you enter the right staircase in the lab instead of the left, the player will still try to go to Juniper in the other room, essentially locking the game up. It might be good to include something blocking the player from doing so until after they head left.

Last edited:

Shiratori Hime

Rookie
Hello, I really want to play the game but it is not playable even using wineskin (no excutable file error). Do you think you can make a Mac Version for the game? Thanks a lot.

Crystal Noel

Novice
So I've just released the second demo of the game. This time around you are able to play up until the end of Chapter 2. There are a few notes I would like to go over, because I have changed a few things since the last iteration.
  • The Unreal Time System has been removed due to me feeling like it didn't add much to the game. The clock now functions as it does is any other Pokémon game.
  • The Pokédex has been fully completed, so some dex numbers may change.
  • Due to a graphical glitch that could not be resolved, the HUD from the first version is now gone.
  • This new version of the game sees the introduction of Shadow Pokémon into the game.
  • A few new glitches in regards to the following Pokémon were discovered, but its nothing major, so I will keep the system in the game for now as it cannot be separated from the game easily.

I hope you enjoy this new version!

Also, there has been talk of here about a Mac version of the game. Right now, that is still not the case, but I will look into the possibility of it. I cannot promise anything since the RPG Maker XP engine only works with Windows normally.

Edit: There was a major game-breaking glitch that prevented you from starting a new game in the update. I have since resolved the issue, but if you downloaded the game before 9/18/17 at 10:15 AM EST, please update your game.

Last edited:

Crystal Noel

Novice
Update:
I've released a number of bug-fixes for the game. You should download those fixes ASAP as they are needed in order to progress.

Crystal Noel

Novice
Sorry for the rapid replies, but I did make some major changes to the game that should permit you to not have to update the game further. This new update restructures how the game's files are contained and now features an updater that will allows you to automatically update the game when updates are available. In order to update this time round, you do have to re download the entire game. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but it's the only way you can download the game and have it work properly.

Eev33

Rookie
Thanks! That really means a lot to me.

Most of those errors, I've now fixed and will include in the next iteration of the demo. As for the graphical errors on the battle sprites are the same as the ones used on Pokémon Showdown, since that's where I got them from. I'll look into that one and one I've noticed on the Eevee sprites.

Edit: Ready for the irony with the Fletchling Sprite. Only the normal version had the graphical issue. The shiny sprite was just fine. XD

Hello I really like this game so far. and I am curious if you are still working on this? I can't wait to see what all else you put into this game when it is finished :D

Rune

Novice
I have the updated file, and whenever I try to open the game it crashes immediately :(

Professor Colress

Rookie
Is it ok if I use the head/torso Sprite of Colress.
I would use it for a game I plan on making.
I WILL give credit to you for the sprite unless someone else made it. If so, please tell me who. Thanks!------------------------
Is it ok if I use the head/torso Sprite of Colress.
I would use it for a game I plan on making.
I WILL give credit to you for the sprite unless someone else made it. If so, please tell me who. Thanks!
I looked on Bulbapedia the other day and realized I had a brain fart. My bad! But anyways, when I can, I will play your game.

PKMT_Zero

Rookie
Hi, i just wanted to say that your game is awesome! Especially because you use shadow pokemon, Pokemon Colosseum and XD are ones of my favorites pokemon games. And the music suits this game just fine.

But i encountered a problem: when i lose a battle in the Pre-gym and black out my pokemon stop following me, well just in looks, because it's there, i can talk to it but i can't see it :(

Do you think it's a bug? because my computer it's old too.

Although there wasn't any problem with other games until now so i don't know u.u

The error is this:

Script 'Pokemon Following' line 692: NoMethodError ocurred.

undefined method '-' for nil:NilClass

Then when i talk to the pokemon the game crash, and when i try to talk to the NPC i talk to the pokemon insted and of course the game crash, so i decided to create another save file because it's almost imposible to play u.u

Crystal Noel

Novice
I have the updated file, and whenever I try to open the game it crashes immediately :(
This should be resolved now. If you haven't already tried, it should work now.

Hi, i just wanted to say that your game is awesome! Especially because you use shadow pokemon, Pokemon Colosseum and XD are ones of my favorites pokemon games. And the music suits this game just fine.

But i encountered a problem: when i lose a battle in the Pre-gym and black out my pokemon stop following me, well just in looks, because it's there, i can talk to it but i can't see it :(

Do you think it's a bug? because my computer it's old too.

Although there wasn't any problem with other games until now so i don't know u.u

The error is this:

Script 'Pokemon Following' line 692: NoMethodError ocurred.

undefined method '-' for nil:NilClass

Then when i talk to the pokemon the game crash, and when i try to talk to the NPC i talk to the pokemon insted and of course the game crash, so i decided to create another save file because it's almost imposible to play u.u
I have a new update to the game to fix another issue, but I'll look into this issue as well. To get around this you should be able to just press CTRL to toggle partner visibility. I'll look into it though and hopefully should be able to fix it soon-ish.

Rune

Novice
Can you guys show me the error message, I can't seem to replicate it.

"Script 'BitmapCache' line 394: RunetimeError occured.
Failed to load the bitmap located at: Graphics/Pictures/Location/district"

Crystal Noel

Novice
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back