• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Lifeless

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.

POKEMON LIFELESS

BuhIY7C.png

Plot
I present you Pokemon Lifeless.
A fan-made Pokemon project with a playtime of approximately 30-40 minutes.

You are playing the role of a young boy who wakes up on an island in the middle of nowhere. During your desperate tries to escape this reality you uncover a secret that will change your life forever.
Interacting with everything and paying close attention to what the characters say is recommended in order for you to understand the story behind this game.​

This game may not be suitable for all audiences as it contains a series of disturbing sounds, as well as a very dark plot.
Proceed to download with caution.

Screenshot (only one so as not to spoil anything for you)
qCLHnAV.png

Click here to be redirected to the download page.

Pokemon Lifeless was made using RPG Maker XP and is a non-profit project.

Pokemon Essentials
Poccil
Flameguru
Maruno
FL.
P-Sign

Plugins
Luka S.J.
Marin

Music / Sound Effects
CO.AG Music
superfunnysheet
LS Sound/Voice Effects
Arn Andersson
Ryan Creep
Lucas King
Eastern Electric
GFX Sounds

Graphics
Dewitty
Bulbapedia.Bulbagarden.net
Nintendo
Chocosrawloid
Kymotonian
milomilotic11
Neo-Spriteman

Last edited:

Kasai-Wizard

Novice
This game looks good and seems suspicious something I'm into but I don't want to take up the space on my device

PhantomTheEevee

Member of the Aether Foundation
A curious game that I had to download!~ It's laggy for me though, or is that just my feeling and you made everything go slower on purpose to fir the topic of the game?

Thommaz

Rookie
A curious game that I had to download!~ It's laggy for me though, or is that just my feeling and you made everything go slower on purpose to fir the topic of the game?
To be honest, it's a mix of both. Every Pokemon fangame has lag, and that's on RPG Maker's part. I tried taking advantage of the lag by trying to make the game run slower in hopes of creating atmosphere, but I still couldn't make the game lag-free. If you know any ways of fixing the lag, I would be glad to hear them.

PhantomTheEevee

Member of the Aether Foundation
(...)If you know any ways of fixing the lag, I would be glad to hear them.

Hmm, I've tried around and the following things let the game run smoother to me:
  • Setting my laptop on peak performance solely while playing as it's otherwise draining the battery massively
  • Closing all other running applicances, including Discord and the Internet Browser
  • Turning on/off Smooth Mode and Reduce screen flickering
  • Opening Properties by righ-clicking on the Game.exe, then changing the compatibility mode to Windows XP. Also running the .exe as an administrator
All remaining lag is for the atmosphere, it doesn't feel slow and sluggish anymore!~

Started playing, and immediately ran into an additional, gameplay-wise question unfortunately ^_^; I'll put it behind a spoiler tagg just in case.
Found the Soul Key and what appears to me my grave, but what's next? I interacted with everything possible in that small space = the map with the grave, but I'm stuck there. Can you give me a hint what to do to progress from here maybe? Please?

torchickennuggets

Rookie
This was a really interesting concept for a fan-game, it dealt well with a delicate topic too.

If anyone would like to watch a playthrough of this game, I made a video:

Back