• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Golden Silver: Red Ribbons + Blue Roses

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
tumblr_pq4dz5Q9vW1rhq9alo1_540.png

tumblr_pq4e92semG1rhq9alo1_400.png

"Golden Silver: Red Ribbons & Blue Roses" or simply "Golden Silver" for short is probably the most niche and possibly complex project I've ever conceptualized. The project has been in the works for a few years on and off and as a mainly solo dev, you can see why it would take so long to work on. The basic idea is that the GS games are used as the base and then added details to re-imagine the games. You play as "Loxy" a teenage girl with constant headaches and no answer to their origin; so you head off on an adventure to find a cure and find herself as a person in this world. Unlike most protagonists, Loxy has little interest in catching them all or becoming a league champion at first; but as her journey progresses, she begins to change her views a bit. Along the way you meet a mysterious girl named "Sterling" who guides you through your journey and aids you in your quest. That and of course the majority of the main plot and events from the original GS will occur.

The post game which will be discussed at a later date, instead of being in Kanto, it will take place in Sterling's homeland. Similar to how short the Kanto half of GS was, this content will also be fairly short but still given as much attention to detail and heart, if not more, than the main game. Anyway, we can talk about that later.

tumblr_pq4fgzDtXt1rhq9alo1_400.png

tumblr_pq4iibng871rhq9alo1_1280.png

tumblr_pq4isp2I6S1rhq9alo1_1280.png

There are many more characters to come, but this should be a good start!

tumblr_pq4fht6sY91rhq9alo1_400.png

tumblr_pq4iw1Knpg1rhq9alo1_1280.png
Cherrygrove City
All maps have a much lower saturation than usual Pokemon fangames which adds to it's uniqueness and feel.

tumblr_pq4tneILQm1rhq9alo1_1280.png

tumblr_pq4fiqv3wr1rhq9alo1_400.png

200+ Pokemon: Within both the Johto region and my eventual secondary region you will find all the Johto Pokemon you know and love, many of the unreleased Beta generation 2 Pokemon, special custom regional variants and fakemon!

A Brand New Joho: The Johto region feels both old and new! The Routes have been shortened and modified, the towns have been made my compact and the cities made even larger! And with the addition of new tiles and a lower saturated look; it all feels like you are re-discovering Johto all over again!

An Extended Cast of Characters: The traditional characters of GS are back but a little different. Some are older, some characters are visually-upgraded and there are even brand new characters that have been added to flesh out the story!

Deeper Dialogue: Along with your usual text in story events there will also be dialogue arts which I find helps add much more depth to the emotion of the situations. Dialogue arts will only accompany main-story events and only be given to main story characters.

Low Saturation: The low saturation color in the game covers many visual aspects from the maps you explore, elements of battle and adding depth to interaction. Characters in the world will also have different levels of color saturation; the more vibrant, the more important the character is.

More Coming Soon...

tumblr_pq4fjgzEdX1rhq9alo1_400.png

tumblr_pq4h3bGEJN1rhq9alo1_1280.png

Some of the Pokemon rather than being made a variant of, they have been fully re-imagined. Now this may not make sense at first, but there is an important reason which will be revealed later in the game.

tumblr_pq4higpWjK1rhq9alo1_1280.png

Most of the Kanto Pokemon have been removed from the Pokedex and in their place there are now Johto regional forms of Pokemon from other generations!

tumblr_pq4ht8D0aa1rhq9alo1_1280.png

Along with the regional variants filling up the extra slots in the Pokedex, the project will also be re-introducing old beta generation 2 Pokemon! Not all of them will be available, but most will be.

tumblr_pq4i4ntWZK1rhq9alo1_1280.png

Last but not least, what would a fangame be without some completely original fakemon as well as some fanmade evolutions of existing official Pokemon? There aren't too many of these compared to the amount of beta Pokemon and regional variants, but there are still enough to keep things interesting!

tumblr_pq4fkdXeb91rhq9alo1_400.png

Team
Elle (Main Dev)
LeParagon (Pokemon Spriter)

Main Credits
The Pokemon Essentials Team
GameFreak - Pokemon

Tile Credits
Elle
Derlo
Alucus
Seiyouh
Kyle-Dove
UltimoSpriter
ThunderDove
Zeo254
Magiscarf
PeekyChew
Carchagui​

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
loving the tileset, just a quick question about the gameplay.
Are you going to be filling the areas with events and NPCs to fill the large open spaces?
Just because the map for cherrygrove has that large area by the beach. I don't know I could be wrong but I just worry it will look empty when actually playing the game.

Elle

Maker of Many and Finisher of Few
loving the tileset, just a quick question about the gameplay.
Are you going to be filling the areas with events and NPCs to fill the large open spaces?
Just because the map for cherrygrove has that large area by the beach. I don't know I could be wrong but I just worry it will look empty when actually playing the game.
I mean yeah, I won't go overboard or the opposite with how many NPC's are in each area, but I will put enough in that it doesn't feel like a ghost town. At the time I took that screenshot of Cherrygrove I hadn't added any events into it, but don't worry, it will be filled with life and interest in both the form of human, Pokemon and general events! :D

Maor80

Cooltrainer
I want to ask you 2 important question
1 i seen the johto starters have new forms did totodile got new forms like cyndaquil and chikorita and if it got what its type?
2 will gyms will be part off this game ? I did not seen in the featurs list no gyms in the game so it can be confusing and they are very important since even island trials could not raplace gyms for to long as we seen

Elle

I want to ask you 2 important question
1 i seen the johto starters have new forms did totodile got new forms like cyndaquil and chikorita and if it got what its type?
2 will gyms will be part off this game ? I did not seen in the featurs list no gyms in the game so it can be confusing and they are very important since even island trials could not raplace gyms for to long as we seen
1. Yes and it's Water / Fighting.
2. Yes, while not touched on, the whole Johto league from gyms to champion are all still in tact. That being said, some things might be different from their original state. :)

Elle

I didn't think to touch on this originally but I just wanted to say that while your name and gender are locked, so is your starter Pokemon. However that being said, in the post-game you will have access to a secondary trio of starters and you will be able to choose which one you want to have. And before anyone asks what your primary starter is, the main game starter for the player will be Chikorita.

ShinyMissingno

??? Pokémon
Ooh, I was interested by the story summary, but the alternate forms and fakemons got me REALLY interested~! This whole game sounds really intriguing - I can't wait until a demo is out~ Here's hoping development goes smoothly!

Elle

Ooh, I was interested by the story summary, but the alternate forms and fakemons got me REALLY interested~! This whole game sounds really intriguing - I can't wait until a demo is out~ Here's hoping development goes smoothly!
Well I will make sure the fakemon and all that are really well done beyond looking pretty! And I hope it goes smoothly too; I'll try to keep things up to date with updates every so often. :)

Back