• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Pokemon Pokestar Theater

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
H6Hfk90.png

[tabs]
[tab=Plot/Overview]
Remember Pokestar Studios from B2W2? Well, Pokestar Theater is a game that aims to tell the stories from Pokestar Studios more in depth. Based off the game @Aki made called Pokémon Bonfire Stories, you will start in a large theater filled with screens and characters from the various movies available to play. By talking to these characters you will be teleported inside their movie, and will play as the main character. The plots will follow the original movies as closely as possible, with a few added tweaks to make the game more interesting. Depending on the choices you make as you play through the stories, your end result could be multiple different things! However, be careful with your choices, as some will end in a game over, and you will have to restart that story!
[/tab]
[tab=Features]
-Multiple different stories to play through.
-Choices matter!
-Beware of game overs!
-This game strays from the cliché formula most Pokémon games tend to follow.
-Somewhat darker plots, similar to the original plots of Pokestar Studios movies.
-Over three types of endings per story!
-Outcomes of battles determine how you progress, so you'll want to play through each story multiple times to see what's new!
-Official music from Pokestar Studios movies.
-Official Pokestar Studios sprites and battle backgrounds
-Custom made OW sprites for Pokestar Studios characters!
[/tab]
[tab=Screenshots]
Theater Room:
0bjCAII.png

The Giant Woman! Beginning:
rIDqOss.png

Full Metal Cop Beginning:
0BejK38.png

Choices Matter:
eGkF1CB.png

Official Pokestar Sprites:
HwuycKU.png

Battles:
qGbSqfY.png

G A M E ... O V E R ...:
9lVRtFr.png
[/tab]
[tab=Credits]
Credits:
Nintendo/Gamefreak/Pokémon - Official Art and Music
Nintendo/Gamefreak/Pokémon - Original Pokestar Studios Stories
Poccil/Maruno - Pokémon Essentials
RPG Maker XP
Elite Battle System
Sprites:
• GameFreak | Original sprites from B/W/2 games
• Pokecheck.org | Ripping the sprites from B2/W2 roms
• Luka S.J. | Indexing and formatting the sprites
• dragonnite | GIF to PNG conversion
• Tebited15 | B/W styled trainer Red sprite
• Spriters-Resource (redblueyellow) | Gen 5 ball sprites

Battle Backgrounds:
• Eli | Ripping and compiling the backgrounds

Custom UI:
• Luka S.J. | Design, formatting and implementation

Scripts:
• Luka S.J. | Elite Battle System
• Maruno | General help and support
• dragonnite | GIF to PNG converter
• Pokémon Essentials | Base system

Sound Effects:
• GameFreak | Original sound effects from B/W/2 games
• BadSamaritan | Ripping the sound effects
Zender1752 on Deviantart - School Sprites of Nate and Rosa
Tilesets - http://fakemon123.deviantart.com/art/Public-Interior-Tileset-281775677
http://fakemon123.deviantart.com/art/BW-Citrine-Tileset-Resized-227350418
[/tab][/tabs]

Last edited:

Djaco75

MasterMind
Well, this certainly looks interesting. I love the new storyline in place and feel like it's really original. I also love the revamps you've given to Luka S.J's Elite Battle. It makes the interface more engaging when someone has revamped it to make it look better. I like the sprites so far, and the fact your story can end in different ways - especially the option to choose what you do.

I feel like the maps are looking a bit bland, especially the theatre room. Maybe you can add some details like cameras, screens or something else to make it look better.

Can't wait for the game to have a release - it looks really interesting.

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
Well, this certainly looks interesting. I love the new storyline in place and feel like it's really original. I also love the revamps you've given to Luka S.J's Elite Battle. It makes the interface more engaging when someone has revamped it to make it look better. I like the sprites so far, and the fact your story can end in different ways - especially the option to choose what you do.

I feel like the maps are looking a bit bland, especially the theatre room. Maybe you can add some details like cameras, screens or something else to make it look better.

Can't wait for the game to have a release - it looks really interesting.

Thanks! I'm glad you mentioned the cameras because I couldn't figure out what to add to the room but I knew it looked blank. I'll look into that!

Radical Raptr

Bug Maniac
Oh wow!! that's a really cute idea!

@Aki had a super great idea with little stories you play through! you get to have mini arcs and have a super enjoyable, easy digestible game to play, and it's quick to develop also!

another great feature is being able to experiment with really weird eventing mechanics that you wouldn't normally see in traditional fan games!

I can't wait to see what you do with this!

NurseEthi

Novice
Choices matter is one of my favorite features in a game, it reminds me of how every interaction with somebody is very important and how easily you can change something about life in general.
Short arcs that you can play through are always cool, especially with the choices matter feature because it means there's more to the story and more to the characters than meets the first set of eyes.

The only thing that I had a slight problem with was how blurry the battle backgrounds were. I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at. I don't know if there's one circle platform that Sneasel and Heracross are both on, or if this is two individual platforms. And is that lava shooting out of the water back there?

Back