• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Region Inspiration

What inspires your region design?

• Completely fantasy inspired

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • Place I know

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • Place I've lived

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
What inspires the world your game takes place in?
The Pokémon Snap island.

Why did you choose to base your design on that?
Because the game happens on this island, with some original places. I think that few (or none) fangames should do something in this region, so I see as an opportunity for this idea.

Do you have a region map you can show us? How does it compare to it's inspirational source?
No region map, it's just an Island. For the maps, I initally mapped as closest as possible while looking into the game. The result was awful, so I changed a little in more recent versions.

Is the shape and layout enough to emulate a real-world place, or is it important to incorporate history and culture?
I incoporate the island history/culture. Example: in the tunnel I put some people talking about how the island was in the past.

Back