• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Easy Questing Interface

Resource Easy Questing Interface 1.0

M3rein submitted a new resource:

Easy Questing Interface - A questing interface which allows you to add, set, check, change and view quests!

As you can probably tell by the title, I've made an easy-to-use - in my opinion - Questing Interface for Essentials. I tried to make it as user-friendly as possible in terms of creating quests, but you'll have to go into the scripts for that as the event page likes to break lines. I know you can work around this, but I thought doing it in the code would be better in the first place.

First of all, download these graphics and put them in Graphics/Pictures.
On to the...

Read more about this resource...

Jephed

Trainer
This looks like a very useful script. I'll be sure to try it out. For some reason I can't see a link to the graphics you want to share though. Could you perhaps try to put the link to the graphics in again?!

Jephed

Trainer
I tested it and it works very smooth. I think I might try to modify it a bit though, but I really like what you've done with this! Good job!

Jephed

Trainer
Hi M3rein!
In your tutorial you stated that it would be possible to implent this questing system in your pokegear.
I tried this and it works almost perfectly.
In fact everything works, except for when I try to close the questing page and return to the pokegear page.
I think it has trouble loading the pokégear scene back up.
(everything work fine outside of the pokegear. I.E. the test map you provided)
I've tried to find a way to fix this myself, but I can't seem to find what I need. Could you perhaps help me out with this?
Thanks in advance! :)

---------------------------
Pokémon Ominous
Exception: NoMethodError
PSystem_Utilities:995:in `pbLoadRpgxpScene'
PScreen_PauseMenu:175:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PScreen_PauseMenu:150:in `loop'
PScreen_PauseMenu:294:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
Scene_Map:193:in `call_menu'
Scene_Map:163:in `follow_update'
Pkmn Following:1544:in `update'
PokemonControl:113:in `main'
PokemonControl:110:in `loop'
PokemonControl:118:in `main'

This exception was logged in
C:\Users\Jephed\Saved Games/Pokémon Ominous/errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Mak

Edge Lord
Hi M3rein!
In your tutorial you stated that it would be possible to implent this questing system in your pokegear.
I tried this and it works almost perfectly.
In fact everything works, except for when I try to close the questing page and return to the pokegear page.
I think it has trouble loading the pokégear scene back up.
(everything work fine outside of the pokegear. I.E. the test map you provided)
I've tried to find a way to fix this myself, but I can't seem to find what I need. Could you perhaps help me out with this?
Thanks in advance! :)

Pokémon Ominous
Exception: NoMethodError
PSystem_Utilities:995:in `pbLoadRpgxpScene'
PScreen_PauseMenu:175:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PScreen_PauseMenu:150:in `loop'
PScreen_PauseMenu:294:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
Scene_Map:193:in `call_menu'
Scene_Map:163:in `follow_update'
Pkmn Following:1544:in `update'
PokemonControl:113:in `main'
PokemonControl:110:in `loop'
PokemonControl:118:in `main'

This exception was logged in
C:\Users\Jephed\Saved Games/Pokémon Ominous/errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK
I actually had this exact same issue occur.

This is what you need to put in the "update the command window" section, which you likely already know about if the interface is actually loading for you.
Code:
if @cmdQuestlog>=0 && @sprites["command_window"].index==@cmdQuestlog
	pbPlayDecisionSE()
	Questlog.new
end
return
Questlog.new works, rather than pbQuestlog or putting "$scene =" before it. But this is what solved my error for me and it works perfectly now.

Jephed

Trainer
I actually had this exact same issue occur.

This is what you need to put in the "update the command window" section, which you likely already know about if the interface is actually loading for you.
Code:
if @cmdQuestlog>=0 && @sprites["command_window"].index==@cmdQuestlog
	pbPlayDecisionSE()
	Questlog.new
end
return
Questlog.new works, rather than pbQuestlog or putting "$scene =" before it. But this is what solved my error for me and it works perfectly now.

Thanks man! Works fine now!

Reactions: Mak

kelsey

Novice
Hey this works really great as you've provided it. I love the interface, it makes adding quests so great. However, I'm attempting to integrate it into the pokegear and as a total novice when it comes to tinkering with scripts, I'm having some issues. Is there any way you could do a short tutorial on implementing this feature as part of the Pokegear? I just really have no idea what I'm doing wrong... I followed the instructions here https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=301310 and am getting an error "Script 'PScreen_Pokegear' line 89: SyntaxError Occured" where line 89 reads " commands{@cmdQuestlog=commands.length]=_INTL("Questlog")"

Again, thanks so much for this feature- it really makes the game so so much better already.

kelsey

Novice
Ah, well, if you read the line carefully, you can see what the issue is. You seem to have been typing a bit too fast and turned '[' into '{' after "commands". That should fix your syntax error.
I think that was just when I typed it out into the comment here- it was a [ in the script

kelsey

Novice
Woops nevermind. It must've been something simple like that... I took all of the script changes out and then re-added them in and it works perfectly now. Thank you so much! This really is an amazing feature to add into a game!

kelsey

Novice
Ok, I'm getting another Syntax Error and I have no idea why. I implemented a first quest, which works perfectly. When I put in a second one, it immediately gives me a syntax error at the line of the second. Am I supposed to be putting the script for the second quest somewhere else? Here is what my quest scripts look like:

Quest.new(0, "Bo Peep Has Lost His Mareep", " Bo has lost one of his Mareep somewhere. Locate it and then tell him where it was so he can go rescue it.", "Bo Peep", "NPC05", "Ferma Town", :LIGHTBLUE),
]
Quest.new(1, "A Very Famous Chef", " The Citadelia Castle chef needs help locating ingredients. Find him a Tiny Mushroom, a Cheri Berry, and a Fresh Water.", "Chef", "NPChb", "Citadelia Castle", :LIGHTBLUE),
]

It's only the second one (which falls on line 80) that is causing the issue.

kelsey

Novice
The ']' is ending the array, you only need one of them, at the end.

Oh my, thanks! I guess I'm really struggling with brackets today....I copied the whole structure of the first quest thinking I needed it all and didn't realize that the ] wasn't a component of the individual quest. *sigh*. Anyway, I really appreciate your help!

Jephed

Trainer
I receive this error every time I try to move the cursor back and forth between the different sidequests.
I don't press anything aside from the arrow keys to move back and forth. Do you know how to solve this?
kcckzr.gif

Jephed

Trainer
Can I see your quest list?

Sure. Here it is.

QUESTS = [

Code:
# Make sure you take into account all the information given at the top of this script.
# You don't have to give the Quest a color - :SUPERLIGHTBLUE in this example. It will default to White.

# This is the format they have to follow (every word that has a '=' after it is OPTIONAL)
# Quest.new(id, name, desc, npc, sprite, location, color = :WHITE, time = Time.now, completed = false),

Quest.new(0, "Floral Gift", "This is sidequest two", "Mr. Vainma", "trchar039", "Furawari Cemetery", :LIGHTRED),
	Quest.new(1, "Under the house", "This is sidequest one", "Schoolboy Kevin", "trchar039", "New-Unawa City", :LIGHTRED),
]

23u7xpu.jpg

Last edited:
Back