• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

top 3 features in fan games you liked.

joseph opferbeck

Rookie
sometimes when playing some fan games you find a feature or a or just a small little detail in that is great what are those things in fan games that you liked about that fan game.

my three favorite things in fan game are the following

1. hunting down legendary pokemon to catch

2. nods to other fan games

3. original music

PhantomTheEevee

Member of the Aether Foundation
Hmm, I don't really have a Top3, would have to think about it a little more to really determine one. But what would reach high if not earns the first place are implented Fakemon that feature customize cries and interesting Type Combinations, I just enjoy discovering these! Pokemon Sage is the best example for that.

TreadingWater

Novice
I must admit that it was hard to limit it down to 3, given how many fangames I have played to fill the void of the official games (given that I can't afford actual gaming-consoles). But some of the things that I have really liked in fangames are:

• More engaging story with choices that actually matter (Reborn being a prime example)
  • Pokemon that actually match the environment they are found in (kind of distracting when Binacle suddenly turns up in the middle of a forest, though this may just be the Monster Hunter-player in me)
  • Actual side-quests with long-term pay-off

BiggusWeeabus

"What's so funny about Biggus Dickus?"
1 - Xenoverse's... "Marketing" idk how to put it, but i like how the whole presentations feels like that of a official game
2 - Realidea System's minigames
3 - Uranium's Nuclear Pokémon

Paulypus

Programming without really knowing what I'm doing
  • Reborn's (and I guess this is in Rejuvenation too, never played that one before) field effect system. Super unique system that added an extra layer to battles and actually made where a battle takes place affect the battle itself. Only complaints I would have are that terrains are made into field effects, making moves like Electric Terrain completely ruin any strategies gym leaders try to use most of the time, and that some of the field effects make battles feel downright unfair.
  • Insurgence's Delta Pokémon. Super good way to put a unique spin on some Pokémon, and incorporates an obscure mechanic from an old set of cards, which is always interesting
  • Reborn making player choices actually impact the story. This works well in almost any game as long as it's done right.

Back