• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Pokemon Essentials Red and Blue?

KaratGaming

Novice
Earlier I was using Pokemon Essentials a lot, and it felt great. However, what would it be like if there was a Pokemon Essentials engine in the style of Pokemon gen 1?

It would probably look like The Secret of Cinnabar Mansion. Basically a graphic overhaul to the UI and text, but there would need to be some changes to special menus like the Pokemon summary/party screen and pokedex to get the layout accurate. The rest is just swapping out your sprites/tiles/audio assets, and selectively ignoring features like abilities.

KaratGaming

Novice
It would probably look like The Secret of Cinnabar Mansion. Basically a graphic overhaul to the UI and text, but there would need to be some changes to special menus like the Pokemon summary/party screen and pokedex to get the layout accurate. The rest is just swapping out your sprites/tiles/audio assets, and selectively ignoring features like abilities.
Ah I see it now, and it's a great game. I'm wanting to create a Pokemon game similar to it soon. So far it'll contain the first 251 Pokemon as well as some gen 3 and 4 Pokemon added to it and some Fakemon added with them too.

I'm wanting to create a Pokemon game similar to it soon. So far it'll contain the first 251 Pokemon as well as some gen 3 and 4 Pokemon added to it and some Fakemon added with them too.

Sounds like a big dex. I think a gen 1 style would make the game stand out regardless of what's actually in it though, although there's a coule fan games in gen 2 style it's pretty rare to see gen 1.

KaratGaming

Novice
Sounds like a big dex. I think a gen 1 style would make the game stand out regardless of what's actually in it though, although there's a coule fan games in gen 2 style it's pretty rare to see gen 1.
I might make a fangame in gen 1 style soon. I did have a lot planned for it.

Back