• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting PokéMon - From the Ashes

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AshTFJ94

Rookie
STORY
Based 7 years after the final episode of Ash's journey
in the Sinnoh region, you will play as Ash.
The game starts with a scene in space with the text "It began with
the birth of one. So shall it end with the death of one."
It then goes to Ash and Pikachu in Ash's apartment in Pallet Town where he is
playing video games. He suddenly gets a call asking him to come to
the newly discovered "Genesso Region".
He reluctantly agrees, stating that he has sort of given up on his dream
of being a Pokemon Master.
He arrives in Genesso lost due to an argument he had with
Pikachu over whether or not they should go
resulting in Pikachu electrocuting him and by association
his digital map that Oak sent to him. He asks the indiginous people for
their help at first when he is noticed by Brock who tells him
he was also called to the region by Oak. Brock and Ash head to the Research Tent.
Once there they are greeted by Oak and Rowan who take them inside the tent where they
see that Gary, Misty, Ritchie, Tracey, Max, May, and Dawn have all been gathered as well.
Oak and Rowan tell them about how when they first arrived, initial mapping revealed a huge and dense forest in the center of the region that was apparently being guarded by Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina.
Every team they sent was met with disaster. They managed to get a probe through and it caught
a glimpse of an egg in the middle of the forest before it was crushed by Palkia.
After meeting with the Shaman of the nearby village, Oak and Rowan learned that is
possible to safely pass by the 3 legendaries by bringing the 8 "Keys of Honor" to them
which will let them know you only wish to pay tribute to or look at the egg.
The Keys of Honor are held, one each, by the region's apparent version of
Gym Leaders called "Paragons". They are the only people who may
freely pass to see the egg.
Oak and Rowan wish to study the egg to see what is inside it so they ask the group to
gather the 8 Keys of Honor.

The game will feature the following:
-the first 493 pokemon, as well as a few from Gens V, VI, and VII.
-a few mega evolutions, as well as a new one: Mega Raichu
-difficulty modes
-you will be able to pick up at max 6 pokemon after meeting with Oak and Rowan. The pokemon you will be able to pick up will be all the pokemon Ash gathered up until the end of his Sinnoh journey at the Research Tent. You can go back and make different teams.
-many returning characters, including "Jessie, James, and Meowth". That's right. The old 3 are back again and they may have a change of heart depending on how you play the game.
-Shadow Pokémon.
-a new evil organization, Team Void, headed by the sinister Pokémon Master Coldan, who for some reason always keeps his son, Lushus, with him.
-a Pikachu (and maybe a Raichu) that follows you.
-The old gang is back together again! Misty and Brock will also follow you, and there will be several party banter moments I guess would be what it is called.
-moral decisions
-4 romance options. (yep, you heard that right).
-and honestly, a real in-depth, engaging, mature-ish story that brings Ash's journey to the close it deserves. (But does anything ever really end? wink wink)

If anyone is interested in helping me with this, I would be so grateful. It's an idea I've had for about 8 years now. I'm not that great with making new tiles or sprites, but I have all the ideas ya know, ready to go. If you want to... train me I guess or join the team, just leave a reply here or shoot me a message. It's just difficult to really focus on this with how my work schedule is and doing it alone would honestly take forever, but if anyone is interested, please don't be afraid to speak up :D well then, over and out haha

Miralys

Rookie
I'm good enough at mapping, and i can sprite a bit too, if that could be of any help
ALHoMtx.png

Unfinished Emolga evolution
HdxloZP.png

Last edited:

AshTFJ94

Rookie
I'm good enough at mapping, and i can sprite a bit too, if that could be of any help
ALHoMtx.png

Unfinished Emolga evolution
HdxloZP.png
Yeah that’d be a great help!!! I’m terrible at sprinting and I’ll admit idk everything about scripting, especially connecting the maps (if that’s what you meant and not creating the tiles for the maps, tho I suck at that too 😂) me and one other dude are on discord if you wanna connect there

Miralys

Rookie
Yeah that’d be a great help!!! I’m terrible at sprinting and I’ll admit idk everything about scripting, especially connecting the maps (if that’s what you meant and not creating the tiles for the maps, tho I suck at that too 😂) me and one other dude are on discord if you wanna connect there

I can help, i'd like to join your discord server, so WE can talk more easily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back