• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Upgrade complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you can likely tell by our new layout and other various tells, we've completed the majority of work on our forum software upgrade! We're now proudly running Xenforo 2!

When we originally changed forum software a little over a year ago, we knew that Xenforo 2 would be coming down the road. I was adamant that we wouldn't touch the forum software again until we knew that we could carry over the majority of the features we currently offer on the site -- and that day has finally arrived. This has been planned for a couple months, but we really wanted to get this done before the game jam.

Without further ado, let's talk about what's actually new and some other important information:

New:

• A brand new forum layout! The forums have been slightly reorganized and spiffed up with new icons (all thanks to Cilerba!) in a more modern and appealing layout.
  • New forum navigation. You can now find all the fan games with a release on the site in the new Fan Games tab, along with a reworked (although still work in progress) Development tab. This is hopefully the first of many pushes we do to make it easier to find fan games on the site.
  • Emoji support. 👀
  • You can now set a Characteristic on your profile. Smogon totally did this first.
  • Better mobile support. This is a big one.
  • We've updated our privacy policy. We didn't want to feel left out of the fun, of course!
  • And more! A great deal of little things have been tweaked and reworked.
What we're working on:

Of course, we're still not quite finished yet. There's a handful of missing features that we deemed important, but not important enough to keep the site offline. We'll be working on getting them up as quickly as possible, along with tweaking some other things. They are as follows:
  • The dark mode theme.
  • The user bars. (or some rework of them)
  • Marking threads as "solved" in the Essentials forum.
  • The community streams list. It was unfortunately wiped.
  • Badges are incorrectly resized in a few places.
  • Some of the thread prefixes look... not so great.
  • Adjustments for a more pleasant gaming experience.
What's missing:

And of course, things that have been cut. These are things we looked into carrying over, but weren't able to:
  • Various bbcodes. The biggest one is the tabs bbcode, we're extremely bummed about that. Other ones include the button generator (it didn't quite work properly), and likely some others we're forgetting. We added in some extra bbcodes for compatibility, but please have a look over your threads and resources to make any adjustments as necessary.
  • The old emoji smileys. There's likely to be a few :eyes: and what not floating around in older posts and threads. This was obviously replaced by emoji, but it wasn't going to retroactively alter any posts.
And that's all I can think of to mention! If you notice anything weird or broken on the forums, or have any questions, please let us know in this thread.

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
Too bad about the retirement of the tab bbcode, that was without a doubt my favorite piece of formatting. Guess I'll have to edit my tesv thread so that the OP doesn't take up an acre of forum real estate :P

Other than that the forum looks good! Nice and colorful on the home page. Also I know I'll be enjoying the "demos" fan game category at the top.

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
It should be easy enough to replace the Tabs bbcode; another forum I'm on uses it. I might be able to ask him about it.

aiyinsi

A wild Minun appeared!
I like the upgrade so far. Specially the new pic sizes in those spoilers. One thing I noticed though is that I can't really tell the icon for there is a new post vs there's no new post in general discussion appart. (don't get me wrong ... I love all the icons ... I just think adding some colour might help for that)

Reactions: Deo
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back