• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Fierce Melody (Updated 16/03/2019)

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
FM-Post-CHICO.png

What will the melody of your journey be?

Introduction.png

Fierce Melody is a fan-made Pokémon game set in the new Merodia region, where music and art have a special place in the heart of its people.
It will follow the traditional Pokémon formula but adding some changes to make it feel fresh and fun.

Story.png

capture111.png

Your father is a famous scientist and his latest discovery has been stolen from the museum where it was being studied.

capture113.png

When you go downstairs to tell your mother about it, you meet your two neighbours.
After they leave, your mother tells you to go find Professor Pine, a childhood friend of your dad.

capture114.png

Professor James Pine just came back to Whistle Town and wants to show you his Pokémon Lab and give you your first Pokémon.

capture115.png

When you tell him about your father's discovery, he gets really worried and tells you to go to Talea Town and look for Piper, a friend of them who will help you find out what happened.

Who would steal your father's discovery, the Ancient Pungi? And for what purpose?
How is it connected to the old legends of Merodia?
It's time for you and your new friends to discover the truth behind all these events!

Starter.png

Mookibush.png
Burnix.png
Aquameleon.png

Characters.png

Harmonyy.png
Harmony.png

Merodia.png

Whistle-1.jpg
Whistle-2.jpg

You just moved to Whistle Town, it's a quite small but very cozy place. It's called: The town where music is in the air.

Route-1-1.jpg

Route-1-3.jpg

Route 1 is left of Whistle Town and it connects it to Talea Town and to Aria Forest,
you can find many wild Pokémon and trainers to fight here.

Talea-2.jpg

Talea-4.jpg

Talea is the neighbour town, it's a quiet place but it has a stage for music shows. Who's gonna perform here?

Features.png

About 200 fakemon: You'll find many unique Pokémon in the Merodia Region. Some nice and cute, some fierce and strong.
Pick your favorite and form a team that will help you overcome any challenge you face.

Explore the Merodia Region: Merodia is a vast region, full of towns, cities, rivers, mountains and caves, a dream for explorers.
There's always something for you to do and fun characters to meet.

The legends of Merodia: The theft of your father's discovery is just the beginning of your adventures in Merodia,
you can dig deep into its lore, learn about its history and even face its legends face to face.

Fakemon.png

Mezzoscen.png
Gosnut.png
Gallipeck.png

In the Merodia region, you'll find many new Pokémon of all shapes and sizes.

Brexie.png
Oposstur.png

Credits.png

The Pokémon Essentials Team: Maruno and Peter Q. based on the work by Flameguru
Elite Battle System and Universal Plugin Installer: Luka S.J. and Marin
Character overworld sprite base: InnerMobius
Some Pokémon and character designs: Game Freak
Always on bush script by KleinStudio

Development.png

MrSmash278 and DaniPopplio
Poq
Pkchu
OssumPossum
Purple_Hat_Of_Awesome
PhantomEevee
Kuruganne
Flesroy
MysticCharizard10

Music.png

Ilsantini
Purple Hat of Awesome

Trees.png

Last edited:

Mashirosakura

With my wishes frozen in time and long forgotten
Discord Mod
I have to ask, why are there so many massive expanses of grass in that starting town. It's a bit weird to just walk onto a map with that much open space.

MrSmash278

Captain Rowlex
I have to ask, why are there so many massive expanses of grass in that starting town. It's a bit weird to just walk onto a map with that much open space.
Hello, we thought it looks great xD, we are always changing something, so maybe we will reduce it, thanks for asking :D

MrSmash278

Captain Rowlex
We're back! We had a very busy week so couldn't update as much as we wanted to but we have two new Pokémon to show you! (These are not yet animated but will be for the final game)

009.gif

Shartypus

22.png

Starxi

Also, based on the leaked beta Bayleef, we created these three Pokémon

Blossom1.png

Babloom
Blossom2.png

Bloomeen
Blossom3.png

Bloomerina

Last edited:

MrSmash278

Captain Rowlex
And here we have the first alpha for Pokémon Fierce Melody!
We're very proud and also nervous, we really hope you like it.

This Alpha includes the first scene and battles of the game so you can have a taste of how it will be like. You can choose you starter and battle your two rivals.

https://mega.nz/#!Ec0XRYAb!FePYsHr1jcmeMVDejmvo4gDUTtwb1xmLxKWCiIMaC1o

Thank you for your support and feel free to comment or give us any kind of feedback

Mesa_de_trabajo_1.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful looking game!
I've got an early bug report though: if you lose the battle after choosing a starter, and then re-enter the lab it tries to play the same cutscene again. There must be some move route that isn't checking for passability, because this freezes the game with the player stuck standing in the doorway.

MrSmash278

Captain Rowlex
Beautiful looking game!
I've got an early bug report though: if you lose the battle after choosing a starter, and then re-enter the lab it tries to play the same cutscene again. There must be some move route that isn't checking for passability, because this freezes the game with the player stuck standing in the doorway.

Thank you :D, we are going to fix that tomorrow and update the link, thanks for letting it us know :')
Edit: Game and link updated, bug fixed :)

Last edited:

MadDeodorant

Insert internet reference here
Quick Review of the Alpha Demo:
Fierce Melody caught my eye immediately as it was posted. Having played the Alpha, I'd say it looks promising and will definitely try to play the full demo when it comes out.
Let's get to some quick cons first:
  • The dialogue was meh, sometimes either presenting something interesting (like Prof. Pine talking about the player's dad's work) or being mediocre and unfit for a character (Selah saying "yeah thanks man" to Pine was very weird, for exapmle)
  • The whole start seemed rushed with very little pauses beforing moving from location to location
  • XY music is extremely "french" and having it associated to a non-France inspired region is odd, but I understand the choice, it's just a small gripe that I have with it (though Sycamore's theme being used as Pine's is kind of immersion breaking)
  • Performance wise it has some hiccups, but these might be aggravated by my weak computer
  • Reed's design is a little too feminine as Mantager said
  • Whistle Town is a little to open and large, but that can be easily improved
  • The demo was too short, though being an Alpha I get it. Having the 1997 Gold and Silver Alpha Demo in mind, I'd recommend you try to include at least the first route and second town with some teaser events. Also, I want to see the new cool Fakémon you created besides the starters, they look great here so it was a little disappointing not seeing them here
Now some pros:
  • The Fakémon presented look nice, especially the starter I picked, Burny
  • The Demo overall looks very nice graphically using the Hi-Res style in a good way, keeping it not to overwhelming. The tiles are pretty and the spritework, without being amazing, is very easy on the eyes, especially those colours!
  • The little details on some objects around the houses, for example, are quite fun which is great as I like to try and inspect everything
  • The Dad being a Professor is a very very cool idea that is innovating and I can't wait to see what you do with him and his relationship to Pine
  • Pacing could be a little slower, but I like that it's slightly fast-paced getting the player raring to go
  • The game overall shows a lot of potential to be explored in next releases
Pokémon Fierce Melody is looking nice showing a lot of explorable possibilities that can be great if polished along the way. Unfortunately, the Alpha's short length hurts the project a little as it inadvertently hides some of its good features that could be teased in this short release.
Best of luck continuing to work on Fierce Melody!

PS: If a score was needed, probably a 6/10 (note that a 6 is not bad, it means it's above average)

MrSmash278

Captain Rowlex
Quick Review of the Alpha Demo:
Fierce Melody caught my eye immediately as it was posted. Having played the Alpha, I'd say it looks promising and will definitely try to play the full demo when it comes out.
Let's get to some quick cons first:
  • The dialogue was meh, sometimes either presenting something interesting (like Prof. Pine talking about the player's dad's work) or being mediocre and unfit for a character (Selah saying "yeah thanks man" to Pine was very weird, for exapmle)
  • The whole start seemed rushed with very little pauses beforing moving from location to location
  • XY music is extremely "french" and having it associated to a non-France inspired region is odd, but I understand the choice, it's just a small gripe that I have with it (though Sycamore's theme being used as Pine's is kind of immersion breaking)
  • Performance wise it has some hiccups, but these might be aggravated by my weak computer
  • Reed's design is a little too feminine as Mantager said
  • Whistle Town is a little to open and large, but that can be easily improved
  • The demo was too short, though being an Alpha I get it. Having the 1997 Gold and Silver Alpha Demo in mind, I'd recommend you try to include at least the first route and second town with some teaser events. Also, I want to see the new cool Fakémon you created besides the starters, they look great here so it was a little disappointing not seeing them here
Now some pros:
  • The Fakémon presented look nice, especially the starter I picked, Burny
  • The Demo overall looks very nice graphically using the Hi-Res style in a good way, keeping it not to overwhelming. The tiles are pretty and the spritework, without being amazing, is very easy on the eyes, especially those colours!
  • The little details on some objects around the houses, for example, are quite fun which is great as I like to try and inspect everything
  • The Dad being a Professor is a very very cool idea that is innovating and I can't wait to see what you do with him and his relationship to Pine
  • Pacing could be a little slower, but I like that it's slightly fast-paced getting the player raring to go
  • The game overall shows a lot of potential to be explored in a next release
Pokémon Fierce Melody is looking nice showing a lot of explorable possibilities that can be great if polished along the way. Unfortunately, the Alpha's short length hurts the project a little as it inadvertently hides some of its good features that could be teased in this short release.
Best of luck continuing to work on Fierce Melody!

PS: If a score was needed, probably a 6/10 (note that a 6 is not bad, it means it's above average)

Hi, thanks for the pros & for the feedback, we are analizing the cons:
- We will improve the town and will be adding route 1 and fakemon in a next release
- Reed 's design can be improved, but for now and personal decisions, we're going to keep him like that :D
- Dialogues will get improved and will add pauses through scene to scene.
- Finally, since we are not having original music, we are choosing from x/y to sun/moon ost what might be more fit to the character or scene, this probably will be hard to change, since everything is based on our perspective, but we'll take a look if we can replace them :D

Again, we appreciated the feedback and will keep working on the next release :D!!

MrSmash278

Captain Rowlex
Hey, it's been a while! Thank you for your feedback on the alpha
We're still working very hard, even redesigning stuff from scratch
We've updated Reed's design, the starters and we'll keep updating images on the main post to show our progress, thank you for your support

Reed.png

01_Starters_NUEVO.png

Last edited:

MrSmash278

Captain Rowlex
Thank you for the comments, we are updating a lot of the UI, bunch of screenshoots on the way :D

Prof_Intro.png
Choose_Gender.png
Nombre_Hero.png
Menu.png
Nombre_Poke.png
Party.png

Last edited:

MrSmash278

Captain Rowlex
Hi there! It's been a while, we've been quite busy but we have updates for you about Fierce Melody:

Our starters have evolved!
Evolved.png

We've updated the battle screen with new background and bases.
Battle2.png
Battle.png

Here's a first look at Route 1, just north of Whistle Town:
Route_1.png

The Trainer Card looks like this for Harmony and Reed:
Card.png
Card2.png

This is the new Merodia Pokédex menu:
Dex_1.png
Dex_2.png

And this is how the Pokémon Stogare System will look like in Fierce Melody:
Box_1.png
Box_2.png

And we can finally show you the map of the Merodia Region!:

Map.png

Hope you like these updates, we'll bring more soon:

Last edited:

Maor80

Cooltrainer
Are the starters changeing their types in the middle evoltion? Or they change in their final evoltions? I would also want to know when i can play a demo of this game its looks so good even batter than before would probaly get burny depending both on typeing in its final evoltion and on how it will look like

Last edited:

WolfShadowWhisper

Just a wolf that loves the shadows on a hot day :)
Oh my Arceus, this looks beautiful. I wish you and your team all the best. From what I have seen so far just by reading here, this fan game has a lot of promise. I am swamped by deadlines until Wednesday or so, but on Thursday I plan to try your game out!

MrSmash278

Captain Rowlex
Thank you for the comments, the starters still have one type, their are going to change in its third evolution.
The demo is going to be update, but we are still in route 1, so we are going to update it this week :)

Maor80

Cooltrainer
How long the demo will be? i hope it wont be just 1 route the reason i did not tried the alpha since it was to short to me will it be until first gym or longer? Or shorter?

MrSmash278

Captain Rowlex
How long the demo will be? i hope it wont be just 1 route the reason i did not tried the alpha since it was to short to me will it be until first gym or longer? Or shorter?

We are planning to do a demo until first gym, but also wanted to update the alpha with the actual elements since it's changed a lot.

For the first demo beta 1, we have yet to do a lot of things, sorry

Back