• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Fierce Melody (Updated 16/03/2019)

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
FM-Post-CHICO.png

What will the melody of your journey be?

Introduction.png

Fierce Melody is a fan-made Pokémon game set in the new Merodia region, where music and art have a special place in the heart of its people.
It will follow the traditional Pokémon formula but adding some changes to make it feel fresh and fun.

Story.png

capture111.png

Your father is a famous scientist and his latest discovery has been stolen from the museum where it was being studied.

capture113.png

When you go downstairs to tell your mother about it, you meet your two neighbours.
After they leave, your mother tells you to go find Professor Pine, a childhood friend of your dad.

capture114.png

Professor James Pine just came back to Whistle Town and wants to show you his Pokémon Lab and give you your first Pokémon.

capture115.png

When you tell him about your father's discovery, he gets really worried and tells you to go to Talea Town and look for Piper, a friend of them who will help you find out what happened.

Who would steal your father's discovery, the Ancient Pungi? And for what purpose?
How is it connected to the old legends of Merodia?
It's time for you and your new friends to discover the truth behind all these events!

Starter.png

Mookibush.png
Burnix.png
Aquameleon.png

Characters.png

Harmonyy.png
Harmony.png

Merodia.png

Whistle-1.jpg
Whistle-2.jpg

You just moved to Whistle Town, it's a quite small but very cozy place. It's called: The town where music is in the air.

Route-1-1.jpg

Route-1-3.jpg

Route 1 is left of Whistle Town and it connects it to Talea Town and to Aria Forest,
you can find many wild Pokémon and trainers to fight here.

Talea-2.jpg

Talea-4.jpg

Talea is the neighbour town, it's a quiet place but it has a stage for music shows. Who's gonna perform here?

Features.png

About 200 fakemon: You'll find many unique Pokémon in the Merodia Region. Some nice and cute, some fierce and strong.
Pick your favorite and form a team that will help you overcome any challenge you face.

Explore the Merodia Region: Merodia is a vast region, full of towns, cities, rivers, mountains and caves, a dream for explorers.
There's always something for you to do and fun characters to meet.

The legends of Merodia: The theft of your father's discovery is just the beginning of your adventures in Merodia,
you can dig deep into its lore, learn about its history and even face its legends face to face.

Fakemon.png

Mezzoscen.png
Gosnut.png
Gallipeck.png

In the Merodia region, you'll find many new Pokémon of all shapes and sizes.

Brexie.png
Oposstur.png

Credits.png

The Pokémon Essentials Team: Maruno and Peter Q. based on the work by Flameguru
Elite Battle System and Universal Plugin Installer: Luka S.J. and Marin
Character overworld sprite base: InnerMobius
Some Pokémon and character designs: Game Freak
Always on bush script by KleinStudio

Development.png

MrSmash278 and DaniPopplio
Poq
Pkchu
OssumPossum
Purple_Hat_Of_Awesome
PhantomEevee
Kuruganne
Flesroy
MysticCharizard10

Music.png

Ilsantini
Purple Hat of Awesome

Trees.png

Last edited:

Maor80

Cooltrainer
Can i help in crateting the game? I tried to make fakemons and planing to learn how ti spiriting how i could be hired ? If i can

MrSmash278

Captain Rowlex
Hello everyone, due to recently Nintendo "warnings" to different sites, we've decided to eliminate the word "pokémon" from our fangame title, as a safety measure. Here we present you the new logo for "Fierce Melody".

Logo_CHICO.png

Stay tuned for more updates, thank you to everyone who has been supporting this project from Smash y Dani<3​

Vexarian

The friendliest Groudon
It looks absolutely stunning, from the spriteart to the fakemon design, it all looks awesome and falls into place really well.

I'm really excited to eventually play a demo of this game.

PhantomTheEevee

Member of the Aether Foundation
I wanted to try out the first Alpha-Version of that Game due to the cute art style and music-topic got me, but when launching the Game I get an error message that 'RGSS102J.dll couldn't be found' and the window closes itself. I've downloaded from the link provided in the first post of this thread, any idea what could be wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, daring to rename the RGSS102E.dll starts the Game, but maybe this could be fixed or adressed in some way.

PhantomTheEevee

Finished with Alpha 1, and what I saw made me definitely look forward for more content. What positively caught my eye is 1. the smooth and accurate spritework, it makes everything look very decent and detailed - keep it up! and 2. the dynamic in battle, which probably comes from the Pokemon being animated and the Gen.5-styled tracking shot, I love that in the official games.

I actually don't feel like the starting town (Whistle Town) is too large, it's having all that's needed and nothing actually feels 'unnecessary' in the map for me. Got a small spelling error to report though if allowed, when saving in that place it displays 'Whislte Town'.

I'd edit the dialoge of Selah a little to be less laid-back, unless she's on purpose made the kind of person that talks rather casually with everyone. Which would be hilarious to see as the plot progresses for sure, lolz!

Mischievous fire-bunny that evolves into a harlequin is very adorable. <3

One question though, will you include Fairy Type in your Game? I'd personally hope so! ^^

Last edited:

MrSmash278

Captain Rowlex
Finished with Alpha 1, and what I saw made me definitely look forward for more content. What positively caught my eye is 1. the smooth and accurate spritework, it makes everything look very decent and detailed - keep it up! and 2. the dynamic in battle, which probably comes from the Pokemon being animated and the Gen.5-styled tracking shot, I love that in the official games.

I actually don't feel like the starting town (Whistle Town) is too large, it's having all that's needed and nothing actually feels 'unnecessary' in the map for me. Got a small spelling error to report though if allowed, when saving in that place it displays 'Whislte Town'.

I'd edit the dialoge of Selah a little to be less laid-back, unless she's on purpose made the kind of person that talks rather casually with everyone. Which would be hilarious to see as the plot progresses for sure, lolz!

Mischievous fire-bunny that evolves into a harlequin is very adorable. <3

One question though, will you include Fairy Type in your Game? I'd personally hope so! ^^

Thank you very much we both appreciated your words, we've been with very short time to keep making progress :(
I can confirmed that fairy tipe will be in the game :3

MrSmash278

Captain Rowlex
Hello everyone, in the little free time we've had, we've been working and analyzing the first part of the game. That's why there have been little updates lately.

As the first major change towards our new work schedule, here's the Grass-type starter:

001-Armibush.png

We'll keep adding content, updating even the small details. Thank you for your attention and support.​

Last edited:

PhantomTheEevee

While I mourn Burny a bit for its adorable design and harlequin-like evolution, I'm absolutely in love with Burnix because I just like foxes so much! Do you plan to update the already existing demo to include these new starters if I may ask, or will that be changed in a future update?

Maor80

Cooltrainer
Can you please add all the of the past starters? It will be sad to have these fakemon wasted

MrSmash278

Captain Rowlex
While I mourn Burny a bit for its adorable design and harlequin-like evolution, I'm absolutely in love with Burnix because I just like foxes so much! Do you plan to update the already existing demo to include these new starters if I may ask, or will that be changed in a future update?

Thank you, they'll be in a future update but also we planned to update the already existing demo with these new pokemon.

Can you please add all the of the past starters? It will be sad to have these fakemon wasted

We will try to redesign them first :o

PhantomTheEevee

Looking really good so far with the new Starters implended! I'm somewhat in love with the graphic style of this project still, and the small potraits of the talking character are a neat addition. I'm having another question if I may ask, are there plans of custom cries for the used Fakemon or will cries of official Pokemon be used? I would appreciate the former but I'm aware it's extra work.

MrSmash278

Captain Rowlex
Looking really good so far with the new Starters implended! I'm somewhat in love with the graphic style of this project still, and the small potraits of the talking character are a neat addition. I'm having another question if I may ask, are there plans of custom cries for the used Fakemon or will cries of official Pokemon be used? I would appreciate the former but I'm aware it's extra work.

Hi :D, even if it means more work, we'd love to create our own cries but we don't know how. Everything in this game has been made with the bases given by the RPG Maker, Pokémon Essentials plugin and EBS, adding our own images and designs, we actually don't know anything about scripts or that kind of things, we're learning as we progress. It is really fun though xP, and we are more than pleased with the feedback and support given.

MrSmash278

Captain Rowlex
Hi everyone, we have updated the first alpha with the new starters and some changes:

https://mega.nz/#!1FlgQY5S!j9l2iSQbtCFEiM7FZnnOWWxIAmGsYe3v1pbm3QMNTX0

Note: We have noticed some dialogue mistakes :P, tell us what you think about it.

We also have new team members the will help us with the creation of fakemon, storyline and basic scripts :D: rabidvermin, flesroy, cereal212, poq, pkthedragon and MysticCharizard10.​

MadDeodorant

Insert internet reference here
So, I played it and have some feedback for you guys! You've already addressed some mistakes like the grammar but I noticed some other things that should easily be fixed with playtesting. My computer is garbage so it didn't run well, but whatever. Despite this the game was sped up (like the walking speed, mine and the characters' as well, and battles were very fast).

PROS:
- Pretty title screen with a balanced color palette
- The pre set options are good
- Good artwork and solid spritework for a high res project
- Strong opening cutsecene with the newspaper
- Good tilesets and love the animated portraits for characters, especially the different emotions
- Fine music choice (though I'd be more careful about it with the loops and styles since the game focuses so much on music as exemplified in its name)
- I love all three starters design-wise and they look balanced aesthetically (I hope you stick with these, because changing them all the time can't be
healthy, but I think this is the set I like the most)

CONS:
- The border could be changed rather than the default (it's a very different game from the default package, so might as well)
- Watchout for loops in the OST (when using official music, look for extended versions) it can easily break immersion
- The lack of font choices broke my experience as I got stuck with one that deletes spaces between the words (I think it's the DP font, not sure)
- The walking speed of characters when meeting your friends is hilariously fast
- I'd love to see Pine interact with the kids when they come out from their homes to meet him, it could be a good way for the player to be introduced to this character
- The rivals feel kind of generic, but I hope to see them grow
- More story and character interactions, please
- The lack of interactions makes the game's pace way too fast (an issue that was present in the last demo as well and that is not helped by the extremely fast speed of the characters walking)
- Nothing written on the sign next to the fountain neither on the one close to the route
- The geography of the town could be improved. It's too open for now reason and a smaller sixe would make it more cozy
- Again, it's an alpha demo, but you could at least give us the first route to explore (story is not even needed for that)

OVERALL:

It's fine. A lot was improved, but some things that I pointed previously were left unanswered which is a shame. However, I liked what I saw especially aesthetically and am excited to see what you can come up with as well as how you can grow upon the foundations you've built.

SCORE:

If one was needed, 5/10.
Don't panic, a 5 means it's not too bad but not so good either. Above all I see potential for a 7/10 at least, so do not be discouraged and keep up the good work!

PS: I saw you were looking for these, I have some Fakémon I had made for dead projects and for fun that I can offer you if you want. Once I get them ready I'll send them to you for appreciation. Cheers!

DaniPopplio

Novice
So, I played it and have some feedback for you guys! You've already addressed some mistakes like the grammar but I noticed some other things that should easily be fixed with playtesting. My computer is garbage so it didn't run well, but whatever. Despite this the game was sped up (like the walking speed, mine and the characters' as well, and battles were very fast).

PROS:
- Pretty title screen with a balanced color palette
- The pre set options are good
- Good artwork and solid spritework for a high res project
- Strong opening cutsecene with the newspaper
- Good tilesets and love the animated portraits for characters, especially the different emotions
- Fine music choice (though I'd be more careful about it with the loops and styles since the game focuses so much on music as exemplified in its name)
- I love all three starters design-wise and they look balanced aesthetically (I hope you stick with these, because changing them all the time can't be
healthy, but I think this is the set I like the most)

CONS:
- The border could be changed rather than the default (it's a very different game from the default package, so might as well)
- Watchout for loops in the OST (when using official music, look for extended versions) it can easily break immersion
- The lack of font choices broke my experience as I got stuck with one that deletes spaces between the words (I think it's the DP font, not sure)
- The walking speed of characters when meeting your friends is hilariously fast
- I'd love to see Pine interact with the kids when they come out from their homes to meet him, it could be a good way for the player to be introduced to this character
- The rivals feel kind of generic, but I hope to see them grow
- More story and character interactions, please
- The lack of interactions makes the game's pace way too fast (an issue that was present in the last demo as well and that is not helped by the extremely fast speed of the characters walking)
- Nothing written on the sign next to the fountain neither on the one close to the route
- The geography of the town could be improved. It's too open for now reason and a smaller sixe would make it more cozy
- Again, it's an alpha demo, but you could at least give us the first route to explore (story is not even needed for that)

OVERALL:
It's fine. A lot was improved, but some things that I pointed previously were left unanswered which is a shame. However, I liked what I saw especially aesthetically and am excited to see what you can come up with as well as how you can grow upon the foundations you've built.

SCORE:
If one was needed, 5/10.
Don't panic, a 5 means it's not too bad but not so good either. Above all I see potential for a 7/10 at least, so do not be discouraged and keep up the good work!

PS: I saw you were looking for these, I have some Fakémon I had made for dead projects and for fun that I can offer you if you want. Once I get them ready I'll send them to you for appreciation. Cheers!

Thank you for playing our alpha and giving us your feedback, it's really appreciated :D We're gonna work on the things you mentioned that can be fixed and don't worry, this is the definitive starter set lol Our main focus is to make it graphically attractive (nice looking overworld, characters and fakemon) but without neglecting the other aspects of the game ;) Our next release will be more of an actual demo, going all the way to the first gym :) Again, thank you very much :D

Back