• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Better Region Map v1.0

Marin submitted a new resource:

Better Region Map - A better region map that supports region maps of any size as long as the metrics are divisible by 16

If you want a region map that is larger than 480x320, you would normally be out of luck. What this resource does, is allow you to scroll/pan the map if it's larger. It also adds arrows to indicate that you can or can not scroll that way.

uc

Installation
First, install Marin's Scripting Utilities

Then, copy over the...

Read more about this resource...

AvgAlexLIVE

Rookie
Hey Marin, your resource looks really awesome in theory but I can't seem to get it working. I've installed the two scripts as you said and added the visual resources but it just seems like it's not even registering your scripts--no scrolling is happening and the directional arrows aren't showing up. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!

Wiispeed03

Novice
Hey Marin, your resource looks really awesome in theory but I can't seem to get it working. I've installed the two scripts as you said and added the visual resources but it just seems like it's not even registering your scripts--no scrolling is happening and the directional arrows aren't showing up. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!
To call the event use pbBetterRegionMap

BlowDryGuy

Rookie
What do I need to change to make this work with the Fly map? The directional arrows do not show up and I can't scroll through the map when using Fly.

Last edited:

Krahssen

Novice
Hello! It worked perfectly for me, but I have a small problem.

My main zone is in the lower right area, but when I open the map, the image always appears in the upper left area.
Is there any way to show up where I am at that moment? Or at least at some point that I choose.

Sorry for my English.

PS: I changed this "@regionMapSel || = [0, 0]" and only places the cursor in that position, but the camera does not.

Thank you!

GRAY.

Rookie
I followed all of the instructions for the better region map but when I try to use Fly, I am not able to scroll or see the arrows. I am wondering if I need to do something else.

Marin updated Better Region Map with a new update entry:

Update v1.2

@boonzeet has updated the script to v1.2.
  • Improved v18 compatibility;
  • Added support for the Pokédex Area preview with the ability to launch into the full map view;
  • Added support for conditional hidden islands;
  • Added out-of-the-box PokéGear compatibility;
  • Added support for multiple regions;
  • The map now centers on the player upon opening;
  • Added Boonzeet to the credits.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Oblivion26

Rookie
Hey, I love the script but it isn't working with the pokedex in my game. I keep getting this error message and I'm not sure how to fix it. Is there something I have to add to the main Pokedex code?

Attachments

• MapError.png
    MapError.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 441

Buddershroom

Rookie
Hi, I tried using this resource for my game and after installing it, I kept getting this error.

I'm not sure how to fix this if I'm missing something. I tried to find it myself but had no luck.

Attachments

• Unknown Error.png
    Unknown Error.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 240

DeepBlue PacificWaves

Producer of Project Lunastone | Failed Dreamer
Has anybody tested how big the map can be? Is there any risk with making it too big?

How big are we talking about? I mean, as big as the "entire screen" dimensions (512x384) or larger than that?

EDIT: Now that I'm thinking about it, that proportion is not too far away from the default Essentials proportions. But it's a nice starting point. I mean, imagine that, but 2x, 3x, 4x times? Does your intended map fall within one of those numbers? Somewhere between two of them?

Last edited:

ASH1401

Rookie

Better Region Map - A better region map that supports region maps of any size as long as the metrics are divisible by 16

I am struggling to understand how to install this, please dismiss my incompetence at this sort of stuff.

I don't understand what part in the Documents, "Marin's Scripting Utilities" & "BetterRegionMap" I have to copy and where exactly you mean to put them in scripts in RPG Maker XP. I have attached a picture of the scripts screen. Please could you be in more depth of what part of the document needs to be copied and where exactly we have to put it. I have been trying to figure this out for over a week now lol.

Greatly appreciate your wisdom and patience if you could help me get this up and running XD

Attachments

• Scripts.png
    Scripts.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 211
Well, you won't be able to get it working at all even if you did get it installed- this is for v18, and it hasn't been updated for v19, which looks to be what you're using. But you're not copying a specific part of either document, you're copying the whole thing, that's why Marin didn't give any specific part of the script. You just create a new script section and paste the text in there. (Script sections is kind of beginner RPG Maker stuff, so if this is confusing you, I'd definitely recommend seeking out some tutorials on it)

MishaKozlovacki

Novice
will this work with your map exporter? I'm using 19.1 and I'm just curious about finite details like this just so that I can understand what's going on, and if I should just stick to one over the other in the end

will this work with your map exporter? I'm using 19.1 and I'm just curious about finite details like this just so that I can understand what's going on, and if I should just stick to one over the other in the end
Right now, this won't work with anything in v19, because it's only been updated for v18. But there's no reason this would be incompatible with the Map Exporter if it was updated, the two are working with entirely different script sections.

Back