• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon: Return to Tentin

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Pokémon: Return to Tentin follows the events of Pokémon: Adventure in Tentin. The story takes place four years after the Pokémon: Adventure in Tentin.
x5hMJDs.png

The story
The player, having just moved to Slate Town from their previous home region, is a beginning Pokémon Trainer, wanting to follow their father's footsteps. Return to the Tentin region with new areas, new characters, new TMs, a new plot and evil team, and less linearity to the region!
More to see in-game, so jump right in!

New features
There are new TMs only available in the Tentin region, and due to this, Pokémon can learn these new TMs.
Some Pokémon have been re-typed.
New items introduced that are only found in Terra Town.
The same Exp. Share from Pokémon X and Pokémon Y!
Many previous areas in the first game have been redesigned to keep it fresh.

Screenshots
liZqoDZ.png

5AP37h0.png

chZA9qX.png

jeBCjaj.png

Sq4cTEk.png

LEQRd1A.png

XhRCukh.png

lJtLcE2.png

u6DjZ7Y.png

TfPlc8q.png
(The screenshot with the Youngster is an inside joke by me.
The screenshot with the jab at Insurgence is just a salty joke.)

Credits and Download Link
Download here!

Pokémon: Return to Tentin by DrawnToast
Pokémon Essentials: Poccil, Flameguru, Maruno
EBS: Luka SJ, Pokecheck.org, dragonnite, Tebited15,
redblueyellow, Eli, lilatraube, Maruno, BadSamaritan
Music from VGMusic website.
Pokémon by Game Freak and Nintendo.

My future projects...
Pokémon: Return to Tentin is meant to end the Tentin duo, as the definitive version of the two games.
After this, I will see what I can do for my next game.
I'll need a lot of people, so it won't be for a while!

Last edited:

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
Hey, I like the new features you added to this game. So far I'm at Terra gym and I'm getting an error when I talk to Jordan.
kf0F9

https://imgur.com/a/kf0F9
I'm sorry, I have no idea why this is. I checked that part of the game and nothing glitched. I'll fix it quickly so you can get right back to playing!

FipSpec

Rookie
I'm sorry, I have no idea why this is. I checked that part of the game and nothing glitched. I'll fix it quickly so you can get right back to playing!

Loving the game so far! I've made it to the (oh the irony) Bug gym, and I run into the same error as previously posted, just as combat with the gym leader is about to begin (after his opening dialogue). Do we have a solution for this yet? Thanks!

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
Loving the game so far! I've made it to the (oh the irony) Bug gym, and I run into the same error as previously posted, just as combat with the gym leader is about to begin (after his opening dialogue). Do we have a solution for this yet? Thanks!
I edited the team. Tell me if it works! If it doesn't, then I will look in even deeper because this is a glitch that I cannot replicate on my side.------------------------
Link edited.

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
How do I get the exp. share or how do I activate it?
Exp. Share is given to you by Owen in the town with second Gym. It's on by default, but can be turned off by checking it in the bag.

FipSpec

Rookie
I edited the team. Tell me if it works! If it doesn't, then I will look in even deeper because this is a glitch that I cannot replicate on my side.------------------------

Happy to say, whatever change you made has worked! I was able to start and get through the Gym Leader battle just fine in the latest (1.2) version. Thanks for the quick response!

EDIT: Unfortunately, no sooner had I posted this than I ran into the same error (formspecies.dat file not found) when encountering a wild
Castform on Orchid Field in the rain
(the crash occurs as the pokemon in question tries to change form).

From what I can tell based on other users experiencing this same problem (see Link), for whatever reason Windows is unable to read .dat files inside the 'Game.rgssad' file. Their solution was to simply drop the uncompressed folders from within that file inside the main game archive. Is there any way you could provide an uncompressed version of this 'Game.rgssad' file, so that I can test this potential solution?

Thanks!

Last edited:

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
Happy to say, whatever change you made has worked! I was able to start and get through the Gym Leader battle just fine in the latest (1.2) version. Thanks for the quick response!
It was Wormadam on his team. And I hope you enjoy the rest of the game!

FipSpec

Rookie
Having the same problem again, this time with the leader of the fire gym. Could you look into the suggestion in the edit on my last comment as a potential solution?

Thanks! Really enjoying the game, and would love to see it through to the end! But a crash when trying to face a gym leader is going to make that difficult...

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
Having the same problem again, this time with the leader of the fire gym. Could you look into the suggestion in the edit on my last comment as a potential solution?

Thanks! Really enjoying the game, and would love to see it through to the end! But a crash when trying to face a gym leader is going to make that difficult...
Sorry for this annoying glitch. I updated the link, see if that works. With this update, it adds a house north of Colline City, and better Game Corner awards!
If you ever see a glitch, please don't hesitate to contact me!

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
I am also having the same problem with the Fire Gym Leader, even after the updated link ^^'
That's an odd one, because another person here was able to defeat the fire gym with no problems. I'll make sure the link's OK, but I hope you're enjoying everything else!

TheLizardBoy

Rookie
That's an odd one, because another person here was able to defeat the fire gym with no problems. I'll make sure the link's OK, but I hope you're enjoying everything else!
PD9Ukjp.png

This was the error message when I walk up and talk to him, right before the battle would start ^^'

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
PD9Ukjp.png

This was the error message when I walk up and talk to him, right before the battle would start ^^'
Same glitch as before, all I had to do was change their team, it seems that Essentials still crashes with Pokemon with alternate forms, so avoid using that to be on the safe side. I will completely fix the event and its team, and I will add a secret song somewhere from a "special video game", so look for that, too!

TheLizardBoy

Rookie
Is there a way to get updated when the game is fixed?

Also, is there any way to find the Pokemon Locations, since the Dex doesn't work? ^^ I've got my heart set on a Slowpoke!

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
Is there a way to get updated when the game is fixed?

Also, is there any way to find the Pokemon Locations, since the Dex doesn't work? ^^ I've got my heart set on a Slowpoke!
I could always notify you here. But since fixing the area on the dex would take a while, you can ask me where a certain Pokemon is, I have the encounter list. Or you can check the Return to Tentin website, I'm adding encounters, Trainers, and backstory there!

LunarDusk

The Greenest of Noibats
Kind of hurt by the message in the game of Insurgence, not gonna lie D:

But joking aside, I'll have to try your project out sometime soon!

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
Kind of hurt by the message in the game of Insurgence, not gonna lie D:

But joking aside, I'll have to try your project out sometime soon!
I hope you enjoy! Please tell me what you think! There's more Insurgence pokes in-game, too, heh heh...

Back