• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Marin's Scripting Utilities

Resource Marin's Scripting Utilities v1.0

Marin submitted a new resource:

Marin's Scripting Utilities - A large collection of methods used in a lot of Marin's resources.

Unlike the first resource I called "Utility Scripts", this one is actually useful. It adds loads of methods and functionality to arrays, strings, hashes, numerics, booleans, sprites, and so forth. They're primarily used by my resources, but you may very well find some methods to be useful yourself (if you're a coder).

Installation

Add this in a new script section above Main (and ideally above all of my resources that need this script!):...

Read more about this resource...

Marin updated Marin's Scripting Utilities with a new update entry:

Update v1.1

Updated to v1.1:
  • Now includes p_err, p_msg, p_info, and p_question. These provide message boxes with proper icons.
  • Crashes that happen while the game is running (so AFTER all class initialization and stuff) will now use p_err. You can choose for a double backtrace (the default Interpreter's and this new one), or just the default Interpreter's.
This p_err is used by Marin's...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Anuran

Novice
You said that it is primarily needed with your other script. Does it mean that to play your scripts without getting any error, we will need this? Or does it means something else?
I am confused

You said that it is primarily needed with your other script. Does it mean that to play your scripts without getting any error, we will need this? Or does it means something else?
I am confused

Some of my resources will say "You need Marin's Scripting Utilities to use this resource" or something along those lines. That means you can only use that resource if you have these scripting utilities.

Anuran

Novice
Some of my resources will say "You need Marin's Scripting Utilities to use this resource" or something along those lines. That means you can only use that resource if you have these scripting utilities.
Oh. So the sentence "You need Marin's Scripting utilities to use this resources" will show up when I first play in debug mode after implementing the script?

MagentaGiratina

Distortion World Enthusiast
Do you know if this would work in Essentials v16 since it's just adding new functionality and not modifying pre-existing stuff? I've got a game that uses it because it was the first Essentials version I could find and I've got too much content to be able to easily port it to v17.

Thunderbird games

Novice
im having a problem and this error keaps coming up,
[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
[Generation 8 Project v1.1.0]

Exception: TypeError

Backtrace:
376:Marin's Scripting Utilities:185:in `swap'
008:PluginManager:593:in `block (2 levels) in sortLoadOrder'
008:PluginManager:578:in `each'
008:PluginManager:578:in `block in sortLoadOrder'
008:PluginManager:575:in `each'