• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Rotation Battle

Resource Rotation Battle 1.3

aiyinsi

A wild Minun appeared!
leilou submitted a new resource:

Rotation Battle - Rotation Battle

Rotation Battle

This script makes it possible to do rotation battle in Pokémon Essentials.

This script is not compatible with EBS!

To start a battle call the script command
Code:
Expand Collapse Copy
pbRotationBattle(trainerid,trainername,endspeech,trainerparty,canlose,variable)
Those are the same as in pbTrainerBattle without the double battle one.
trainerparty,canlose and variable are optional

You can also start a battle by giving the trainer as attribute(this is probably not that often used but...

Read more about this resource...

aiyinsi

A wild Minun appeared!

Nic

ocean man
It doesn't allow me to use any moves on the right side, only left side works. Could be something with the inputs during battle?

aiyinsi

A wild Minun appeared!
It doesn't allow me to use any moves on the right side, only left side works. Could be something with the inputs during battle?

Sorry to hear that ... can tell me which Version(Essentials and Rotation Battle ... there's one for 16.2 and one for 17.2) you are using so I can check it?

Nic

ocean man
Sorry to hear that ... can tell me which Version(Essentials and Rotation Battle ... there's one for 16.2 and one for 17.2) you are using so I can check it?
I'm using 17.2 for both essentials, and rotation battle.

aiyinsi

A wild Minun appeared!
sadly I cannot recreate your problem. Can you not highlight the buttons at all or doesn't it take them? Have you tried it with multiple mons and moves?

Nic

ocean man
sadly I cannot recreate your problem. Can you not highlight the buttons at all or doesn't it take them? Have you tried it with multiple mons and moves?
Hmm, I'll try reinstalling the scripts, can't really think of why its doing it on my end, must just be me i guess, thanks anyway!

aiyinsi

A wild Minun appeared!
Hmm, I'll try reinstalling the scripts, can't really think of why its doing it on my end, must just be me i guess, thanks anyway!
if that doesn't work and you are ok with me seeing your game, you could send me the download to your game per pn and I could look into it.

WolfPP

Discord wolfppontes

Amazing script. I will try to make SOS battle with that. :D
Also, im trying to edit the positions and priority to first pokemon sprite.

How can i do that?
I would like to make Venusaur (pokemon0) haves priority when show its sprites:

And i would like repositioner (print above, about first sendout) its sprites when you send out like when pokemon is change/rotate:
Rotated:

First Send Out:

Thank you!

Last edited:

aiyinsi

A wild Minun appeared!
Amazing script. I will try to make SOS battle with that. :D
Also, im trying to edit the positions and priority to first pokemon sprite.
I wouldn't really recommend using this script as basis. 2 of the 3 Pokémon are inactiv. This is different from your style.
Make a normal Wild battle with a chance for SOS each end of turn whenever there is only one Pokémon and if it works for the first time reposition the opponents and set a second Pokémon. It might be necessairy to set the battle to doublebatte but I'm not sure rn ... But it should be pretty doable since the code rn is compatible with up until 4 mons.
How can i do that?
I would like to make Venusaur (pokemon0) haves priority when show its sprites:

You can change priorities with
Code:
Expand Collapse Copy
@sprites[PokemonSpriteName].z = priority

the higher priority is the further in the front is the image.

And i would like repositioner (print above, about first sendout) its sprites when you send out like when pokemon is change/rotate:
Rotated:

First Send Out:

I don't understand what you want to know ... so if you describe the problem further I might be able to help.

aiyinsi

A wild Minun appeared!
leilou updated Rotation Battle with a new update entry:

V1.3

17.2:
Changed Scripts: RotationBattle_Battle, RotationBattle_Scene
-fixed an issue with old class naming crashing whenever you try to use an item
-fixed issues with using Items on Pokémon that are not in front

16.2:
Changed Scripts: RotationBattle_Battle
-fixed issues with using Items on Pokémon that are not in front

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hellfire

Novice
No plains to take this for v18? Id love this system from bw series, but i had error putting this on v18

aiyinsi

A wild Minun appeared!
For now it is not available for v18+ sadly. For now there's no plan to make a v18 compatible version of this because the battle system is drastically different from v17. I don't want to put the time I'd need to make it v18 compatible into the project.

So I'm sorry to disappoint you. Until I want that feature in one of my projects I will probably not make such a ressource. Somebody else might though.

Back