• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Exterium, completion game with fully original critters

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Hello everyone,

Here is Exterium, an arcade game where you discover and study strange animals. It comes from my attempt at making a game solely focused on completing the Pokédex instead of battling/finishing the league. I also wanted it to feature 100% original creatures, and a special evolution method, so it morphed into a completely different project.

You can play Exterium right here: https://extrange.life/exterium/

You play as a scientist tasked of studying the extremely strange creatures from a brand new world with an advanced research system: the Exterium. They are many living beings there, each with it own behavior and special abilities. As you interact with them, the Exterium keep collecting data to file your book (a sort of pokedex).

For now, features are as follow:
  • Various extremely strange critters (exters) living in the wild
  • A pokedex-like with 24 entries (80+ to come). I have a long list of creatures concepts waiting to make their way into the game
  • Multi-stage species forms
  • Playable right in the browser (no installation needed)
  • Common and rare creatures
  • day-night cycle, with differents exters appearing at different moments
  • Varied environnements
  • 100+ exters
  • In-game evolution
  • In-game events
  • Secret stages

1.png
2.png
3.png

4.png
5.png
6.png

Well... I am doing all this mostly from myself so... Thanks GameFreak for making Pokemon and inspiring Exterium.

Right now I am gathering feedback, so please have a look and let me know how it can be further improved. If you tried it before, and even if it is your first time, I am eager to hear what you think of it.

Play Exterium here

Last edited:

Karyon

Extremely Strange Scientist
Hello everyone,

I just pushed a new update with :

+ New extremely strange critters
+ Some updated assets
+ Day/Night system

Daytime in the game is now linked to the time IRL. Meaning that depending on the moment you are playing, you may land in a different scenery. The daytime will also influence the critters you see. As in real life, certain species can only be found at night or in the morning. (As in the 2nd generation games)

Can you file them all ? Try here : https://www.extrange-labs.com/exterium/

If you tried it before, and even if it is your first time, I am eager to hear what you think of it. Help me make something great out of it.

BrickWildcat

Nerd
This looks great! I do have a question though. Is this a flash game or is playable on mobile? (It looks like you took the screenshots on a phone but I just wanted be 100% sure.)​

Mewleon

The Nyoomster
This looks great! I do have a question though. Is this a flash game or is playable on mobile? (It looks like you took the screenshots on a phone but I just wanted be 100% sure.)​

Just tried it on mobile, it’s mobile comaptiable

Karyon

This looks great! I do have a question though. Is this a flash game or is playable on mobile? (It looks like you took the screenshots on a phone but I just wanted be 100% sure.)

Hello buddy,

Actually it is even mobile-first, since it was designed to take advantage of touchscreen controls. Only type in the link (https://www.extrange-labs.com/exterium/) and you're ready to go.

Karyon

Hello everyone,

I just pushed a new update with :

+ 3 playable environnements with different species
+ New extremely strange critters
+ Basic player profile
+ An improved tutorial
+ Improved compatibility with iOS/Safari

As in real life, many exters are only available in a certain area. And the new ones are guaranteed to surprise you.

Try Exterium here : https://www.extrange-labs.com/exterium/

If you tried it before, and even if it is your first time, please give me some feedback. I really want to hear what you think of it.

Back