• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Pokéride functionality v1.0

Marin submitted a new resource:

Pokéride functionality - Make custom Pokérides with incredible ease.

Pokéride functionality in Pokémon Essentials. Only compatible with v17+.

Installation
First, download these graphics and put them in Graphics/Characters.
Download Graphics
(I recommend changing the graphics. The graphics are not the emphasis of this resource.)

Next, put the following pieces of code in two new sections above Main....

Read more about this resource...

Jace

Rookie
Hi, first off what a fantastic resource! Thank you for sharing this!

I noticed two main errors, the first one is syntax-related I guess, the other is cosmetic. Hopefully these issues aren't exclusive to me, don't intend to make an ass of myself aha.
Anyway I'm running a clean copy of 17.2, if it helps to know.

On the lines 68 & 70 in Pokeride_Main, there are two instances of "poketch_init" that break the script when coupled with the Poketch resource.
Code:
	alias pokeride_init initialize
	def initialize(map_id, event, map = nil)
	  pokeride_init(map_id, event, map)

The second was in the "pokeride_update" def around line 93, not an error per se, but I think the fix lies around here?
When the player stops moving, the charge animation doesn't reset back to normal.
Also, when bumping into obstacles, the charge animation also fails to disappear.

Other than these issues, a great project all around!

I did notice that earlier and did in fact fix that. Did you get the raw version of the pastebin? I was having some issues with that in that it wouldn't update with my changes.

I've not yet looked into stopping animations when the player isn't moving, but I don't imagine that's very hard.

Jace

Rookie
I did notice that earlier and did in fact fix that. Did you get the raw version of the pastebin? I was having some issues with that in that it wouldn't update with my changes.

I've not yet looked into stopping animations when the player isn't moving, but I don't imagine that's very hard.

Ah, yeah. Copied the raw pastebin directly... was there somewhere else I needed to grab it from with the changes? (I didn't mind though, I adapted those lines anyway, but it was more for others haha)

I was a bit hesitant to report this becaue I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature.

Anyway, mounts that have the ability to surf work on both water tiles and land. If the mount is called while on land, the player can easilly move around and then onto water...then the mount automatically dismounts when moving off of a water tile.

This only strikes me as strange because Sharpedo's graphic seems to be a surfing only /no land travel type of mount, but at the same time s flying kind of mount that would be able to cross land and water doesn't make sense to automatically dismount when moving from water to land.

I was a bit hesitant to report this becaue I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature.

Anyway, mounts that have the ability to surf work on both water tiles and land. If the mount is called while on land, the player can easilly move around and then onto water...then the mount automatically dismounts when moving off of a water tile.

This only strikes me as strange because Sharpedo's graphic seems to be a surfing only /no land travel type of mount, but at the same time s flying kind of mount that would be able to cross land and water doesn't make sense to automatically dismount when moving from water to land.

I'd say that's a bug. I'll add a check to see if you can surf before you mount, and if you can't not do anything.

thepsynergist

Rookie
It doesn't appear as though I can download the updated version of your script. The updates page doesn't actually download version 1.2, as no link to a download page is present.

Marina

Cooltrainer
I was trying to download both scripts, but they have viruses in it... well at least a warning appeared at Google Chrome, can you clean those files and put a new link?
I was going to try that out, but it seems that I have to wait for new updates :weary_face:

xUMG

Hoho-oh?
I was trying to download both scripts, but they have viruses in it... well at least a warning appeared at Google Chrome, can you clean those files and put a new link?
I was going to try that out, but it seems that I have to wait for new updates :weary_face:

Is it the .rb file? Then if it is, it doesn't have a virus in it, Gooogle Chrome checks for potential viruses/anything harmful like .jar .rb formats and many more, that's why it makes sure for you to keep it or to discard it.

.rb files are exactly the same as .txt files, just with a different extension. The files are the same as the ones the UPI uses, so I'd rather keep them as .rb so it still makes sense. If you get any sort of warning, ignore it.

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
DOES THIS WORK FOR V18
You can try it and tell us if it does.

"Pokemon Essentials Version" says it is compatible only for v17+ (as well as the first sentence) so it shouldn't work for v18
v17+ does imply support for v17 and above. And I assume it should work without any issues on v17 because nothing much in the HM and Overworld department has changed.

Chocokoala

Rookie
Beautiful resource! I'm trying to use it like in let's go games (creating a ride for every ridable pokemon and his shiny version, the check the player first party slot every time he closes his party menu and if the first pokemon is a ridable one, use the pbMount command), but I have some questions
Can anyone give me some tips?
Can I add a LavaSurfing Ride?
Is it possible to have a ride slow on the land but fast while surfing?
Thanks a lot and sorry if I made a lot of questions

Ryuushedo

Developer of Pokemon Lost World
sorry for bothering sir, do you mind to updated the post and the link again? since the link on post already broken/takedown

Back