• Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly! You can learn how to add images to your posts here.

Released Pokémon Dustbowl (v0.2.0)

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Project Version
desert-png.166864

Introduction:
This fangame is designed around the sandstorm weather and is located mainly in a large desert with many sub areas.
There are a lot of changes to all the Pokémon, many moves, and some abilities in this fangame.
I manually rewrote all the movesets for this fangame's roster.

This fangame isn't compressed. Players can modify their copy of this fangame to make your own fun with what I've made so far using RPG Maker XP.
This will also be the case in later versions. I left a lot of comments throughout the events and scripts.

This is my first created Pokémon fangame.
My main goal of creating this fangame is to create my own favorite fangame.

Note: I originally posted this to PokéCommunity and I copy-pasted the contents of my original post to here.
I also trimmed down the text here to make this post more concise.
The images are currently sourced from the PokéCommunity thread and may not display correctly. I've been trying to host them somewhere, but the image inserter doesn't seem to accept anything.

This fangame is created using Pokémon Essentials v20.1 with a lot of plugins including animated sprites during battle. See the credits list for details.

Highlights of features in this fangame:
  • The total roster planned for this fangame is 154 species including evolutions.
  • A gigantic amount of balance changes to all the Pokémon in all aspects.
    • All the movesets are manually written by me.
    • A lot of moves are rebalanced. Always check the descriptions and stats!
    • A lot of changes to abilities. Some custom-created ones, too.
    • Evolution requirements are adjusted based on how I'm balancing this fangame.
  • Atypical starter trio, based on battle niche instead of type triangle.
  • All trainer battles are in doubles format.
  • Radial game world layout.
    • You don't have to remember which town each NPC service is located. They'll all be in one place as you unlock them, and you'll pass through often on your way to other areas.
  • Access to healing your party for free in the middle of every route.
  • More specific details on changes are accessible in-game. You don't need to open a wiki for this fangame.
  • Unobstructive grass. You don't have to trudge through grass encounters to progress through areas.
  • Pokémon that appear in the overworld, and respawn.
  • There are always repeatable trainer battles available for money and experience. They're not always caught up with the player's level.
  • Animated battle sprites and dynamic camera.
There's a lot more changes listed lower in the spoilers below and some that I haven't thought to add there.

v0.2.0:

The file is currently uploaded to Proton Drive, which is inaccessible to some countries including Russia and Turkey. I chose Proton because it's more secure.

October 11 2024, v0.2.0 release
v0.2.0 changelog here:
Since I'm posting to Eevee Expo after v0.2.0 is released, and this update since the initial v0.1.0 was bugfixes, treat v0.2.0 as the first playable release. The release date on Pokémon Community was October 11, but for Eevee Expo I'm making this post a few days later.

September 15 2024, v0.1.0 release

As of v0.2.0 and what I have planned so far, this game is about 25% complete.

Minor update versions, the middle number in the x.y.z, are planned to alternate where odd numbers are big content updates while even numbers are dedicated to fixing bugs and improving the added content.

There's a developer room accessible in-game that contains a bunch of my notes and templates of resources I use throughout this fangame. Check it out if you don't mind being un-immersed and want some insight on how this fangame is designed.

The story begins with the player's father going missing while far from home working at a sawmill in the desert. The player's dad would send letters home telling about how things are going, but at some point the letters stopped coming and the company he worked for is trying to pay off the player's family. The player decides to venture down to the desert and search for the player's father personally. Along the way the player deals with gangs of criminals making problems in the desert and chasing away the locals. The player also meets a stranger that helps the player along the way, giving useful items or telling the locals about the player's accomplishments.

Making sure all the Pokémon are worth using:
  • A lot of balance changes to base stats, moves, abilities, etc.
    • Standardized level required to learn new moves.
    • Everything gets STAB with the favored physical/special attacking stat.
    • Mixed attackers get both physical and special attacks, typically at the same level for players that want to only use one of them.
    • Custom created abilities, especially ones that grant immunity to sandstorm's chip damage.
  • I created custom scripts to improve a lot of moves to be a lot more useful, so be sure to read the descriptions and try using everything!
  • I'm also still working on creating more custom scripts for more interesting and useful effects!
  • There's a lot of custom created abilities that grant immunity to the sandstorm weather chip damage. If you see a custom-created ability, assume it has this.
  • Atypical starter options. Three starters that aren't the typical fire, grass, water trio.
  • The starters each have a powerful ability with multiple effects.
More convenient managing of your Pokémon:
  • The summary screen shows IV and EV numbers.
  • Individual Values (IV) are standardized at zero. This applies to all Pokémon in this fangame.
  • Part of the v0.1.0 postgame unlocks EV training spots where only one species can be encountered per room.
  • Everything yields effort in multiples of four, and only in one stat.
    • First-stagers yield 4 effort in one stat.
    • Second-stagers and mono-stagers yield 8 effort in one stat.
  • Conveniently available services to optimize Pokémon are unlockable, including:
    • Name Rater
    • Nature mint mart
    • Reset effort, either for one stat at a time or all stats at once
    • Move reminder

• A very frequent and recurring stack of books with information on a lot of the gameplay changes.
  • Drink water to fully recover your party for free and can be used as often as you want.
    • Every "route" has one of these around the middle of it.
  • Each "route" has a total of five Pokémon that can be encountered and caught that are only in that area.
  • This fangame is designed with a central town, and all the "routes" surround it.
  • None of the services get softlocked to lose access to unlocking them if you progress past the area they're available in.
In the event of any changes to the base stats of any Pokémon species or any other reason for the base stats of a Pokémon needing to be reset, there's a computer in the downstairs laboratory at Dustbowl that will recalibrate the base stats of a selected Pokémon in your party.

• Trainers will use Pokémon locally available and/or in the lower level area nearby.
  • Trainer battles are all in doubles format.
  • Trainer battles inside caves or buildings will have sandstorm weather during the battle, so any effects that rely on sandstorm being active will still work.
  • There are trainers that can be rematched an unlimited amount of times for money and experience.

• Very low cost medicine items. Healing items like potions have much lower cost. Buy them in bulk so you don't have to retreat and fully heal so often.
    • Higher tier healing items have their cost versus healing amount scaled to proportionally match "Potion" including drinks like Lemonade.
  • There are no HMs to navigate the overworld.
  • There are no overworld items, hidden or in item balls.
  • There are NPCs that can give you items.

• Level caps. The overall level cap for v0.2.0 is 20. The long term max level cap for the full version of this game is 50.
  • Max party size is 4 instead of 6. This also applies to all trainers. Choose your team carefully and adapt to your current area.
  • All individual values are zero. This displays on the summary screen when checking your Pokémon. This also applies to all trainers.
  • Evolution accessibility is very tightly controlled. Everything has its evolution condition edited.
  • Only learn moves by level up. No tutor, TM, or egg moves.
  • All Pokémon only have one ability. There are no second or hidden abilities.
  • Move pools are heavily restricted. A lot of coverage moves are removed.
  • The max amount of effort per stat is 200 instead of 252, and the max total effort is 500 instead of 510.

2024-09-15-13_08_29-821-png.166266
2024-09-15-13_10_37-803-png.166268

2024-10-09-13_44_45-588-png.167026
2024-10-09-13_44_11-427-png.167025

Pokémon Dustbowl is a fangame made using Pokémon Essentials 20.1 with additional music from the official Pokémon games downloaded from ENLS's Pre-Looped Music Library.

Pokémon Dustbowl is made by me, using the many resources credited below.

Pokémon is owned by The Pokémon Company, Nintendo, and affiliated with Game Freak.
No copyright infringement is intended with this fangame.
No right is claimed to the Pokémon intellectual property.
I don't claim ownership or distribution of Pokémon as intellectual property.
This fangame is not presented as being an official or legitimate Pokémon product.

The specific Pokémon Essentials package I started this fangame with is from here:
This comes packaged with many plugins including animated sprites in battle.

# Pokémon-Essentials-20.1-with-Elite-Battle-DX

- Credits:

EBDX (Essentials v19.1) + Pokémon Essentials:
  • Luka S.J.
  • Maruno
  • Marin
  • Pokecheck.org
  • PinkCatDragon
  • Tebited15
  • BadSamaritan
  • WolfPP
  • redblueyellow
  • Damien
  • Issei Hyoudou
  • Nasasu
  • luckygirl88

Port to v20.1:

- Manurocker95

================================================================
Gen 8 Pack:

Battler Sprites:
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project

Overworld Sprites
Gen 6+ Berry Tree Overworlds - Anarlaurendil
Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62, LarryTurbo, tammyclaydon
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, LarryTurbo

Icon Sprites
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia
Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon

Cry Credits:
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464

Script Credits:
Golisopod User, Luka S.J.

Compilation of Resources:
Golisopod User, UberDunsparce

Gen 9 Pack

Script Gen 9 and Adapting PLA for v20:
-Caruban

PBS for Gen 9:
-Caruban
-PorousMist (Updated the abilities, items, and moves description)
-DJChaos (TM Items)

Pokemon Gen 9 Battler Sprites:
The-King-Of-Roads-X, Mak, leParagon, Caruban, Azria, Mashirosakura, Katten, jinxed, OldSoulja

Battler Sprites QC:
leParagon

Pokemon Gen 9 icons:
ezerart

Pokemon Gen 9 Followers:
Azria, DarkusShadow

Pokemon Gen 9 Cries:
Edited from Lightblade Absol Gen 9 Cries compilation video

Gen 9 item icons:
-lichenprincess (Tera Orb, Bamboos, Tera Shards, Mirror Herb, Loaded Dice, Leader Crest, and Kubfu Scrolls, Booster Energy, Gimmighoul coin, TM Material, Kofu's Wallet, Sandwich, Herba Mysticas)
-Caruban (Punching Glove, Auspicious Armor, Malicious Armor, Ability Shield, Clear Amulet, Covert Cloak, Scarlet&Violet Book)

Original Pokémon: Legends Arceus Expansion Script :
-StCooler (Original script for Gen 8 Project in v18 and Status sprites)
-PorousMist and curryofthepast (Adapting the script for v19.1 use)

PLA item icons :
-AztecCroc, 3DJackArt, Caruban, lichenprincess

Pokemon cries ripped:
-Morningdew

Pokeballs battle animation and summary icon:
-Caruban
-WolfPP (Beast ball battle animation)

PLA Pokémon icons:
-LuigiTKO

Follower
-Boonzeet
-DarkusShadow
-princess-phoenix
-Ezeart
-WolfPP

PLA Sprites from Smogon Gen8 Sprite Project :
(https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-sprite-project.3647722/)
-Blaquaza, KingOfThe-X-Roads, KattenK, Travis, G.E.Z., SpheX, Hematite

Animated gen 6 and Megas:

Diegotoon20
Snivy101
Typhlito
Legitimate Username
Ayanocloud
N-Kin
Turtleye
Siiilver
Wyverii
Branflakes325
princessofmusic
Layell
branflakes
Falgaia
aXl
Wobblebuns
N-Kin
zerudez
Brylark
princess-phoenix
TrainerSplash
Gnomowladny
Gardow
RockAdam

Vanilla Style Version
Pokémon sprites:
KingOfThe-X-Roads, Mak, Red7246, Vent, Caruban, leParagon, Sopita_Yorita, Z-nogyroP,
Alxndre~◇, Mashirosakura, NanaelJustice, KRLW890
Blaquaza, KattenK, Travis, G.E.Z., SpheX, Hematite

Gen 9 Icons:
Vent, Katten, leParagon, Cesare_CBass, Alxndre~◇, Jordanos11

PLA Icons:
LuigiTKO, Pikafan2000, Cesare_CBass, Vent, Cesare_Cbass, MultiDiegoDani, leParagon, JWNutz
and thanks for
Pokémon Icons Act 2.9 - Teracristalizando
(https://whackahack.com/foro/threads/pokemon-icons-act-2-9-teracristalizando-07-08-2022.63896/)

Walking Wake and Iron Leaves sprites:
Jordanos11

Terapagos, munkidogi, okidogi, Fezandipiti sprites:
Ruben1986

Full Sprites Credit List:

EBDX Extra moves: NikDie

And let me know if there is someone that I forget to mentions here.

Animated Sprites, by Manurocker95, KleinStudio, Luka SJ
Better Healing Machine, by mej71, Rua
Easy Mouse System, by Luka S.J.
Elite Battle DX, by
Luka S.J.,Maruno,Marin,Pokecheck.org,PinkCatDragon,Tebited15,BadSamaritan,WolfPP,redblueyellow,Damien,Issei Hyoudou,Nasasu,luckygirl88,NikDie,Manurocker95
Roulette minigame (which I haven't been able to get working), by FL (Eevee Expo)
Following Pokémon EX, by
Golisopod User, Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71, PurpleZaffre, Akizakura16, Thundaga, Armin (Fairies Resource Pack), Maruno
Generation 8 pack scripts, by Golisopod User, Luka S.J.
Generation 9 pack script, by Caruban
KFootprints Ex, by Manurocker95, KleinStudio
Lin's IV and EV display, by LinKazamine (Relic Castle)
Luka's Scripting Utilities, by Luka S.J.
Modular Menu, by Luka S.J.,Manurocker95
Modular Primal Forms, by Manurocker95
Modular Title Screen, by Luka S.J.
No bump sound, by Manurocker95
Overworld Shadows EX, by Golisopod User, Wolf PP, Marin
Showdown Utils, by AceOfSpadesProduc100,Cilerba,Marin,Nuri Yuri,Manurocker95
Better speed up, by Marin, Phantombass
Sun Rays, by Polectron, Manurocker95
v20.1 hotfixed, by Maruno
Auto Multi Save, by http404error

Images have been copied from the following plugin:
Only a few of the images have been copied. I've tested to make sure these battle sprites animate.
I don't know the individual credit per sprite, so I'll credit the entire list that's credited for the battler sprites.

Plugin Credits:
Creator: Lucidious89
Based on the Generation 8 Pack by Golisopod User and EBDX by Luka S.J.

Battler Sprites
  • Gen 1-5: Luka S.J.
  • Gen 6: All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
  • Gen 7: All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
  • Gen 8: All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
  • Gen 9: All Contributors To Smogon Scarlet/Violet Sprite Project
  • Contributors to the original "Sprites Animados" spanish plugin:
    Tenshi of War, DPertierra, Skyflyer, Hellfire_raptor, Antiant, AshnixsLaw, AyanoCloud, Azrita, BR0DE0, Caruban, Creobnil, DanEx, Diegotoon20, dimbly, ekurepu, Ebaru, EricLostie, Falcon7, Federico97_ez, Fleimer_, Franark122k, Hellfire0raptor, HM100, HyperactiveFlummi, iametrine, Involuntary-Twitch, ItsYugen, jinta, justnyxnow, KingOfThe-X-Roads, kiriaura, Legitimate Username, localghost, lucasomi, MallowOut, mangalos810, MCH4R1Z4RD, N-Kin, NoelleMBrooks, Noobiess, Nolo33, OldSoulja, OmegalingYT, PKMarioG, PomPomKing, Poki Papillon, PumpkinPastel, RetroNC, RadicalCharizard, seleccion, SelenaArmorclaw, SkidMarc25, Snivy101, Sopita_Yorita, SoulWardenInfinity, TheAetherPlayer, TheCynicalPoet, Typhlito, uppababy
  • Other Contributors: Lucidious89, Regis, Rod, kayzering
Special thanks to whoever set up the software that automatically detects the frames of these sprite sheets to animate.

Cacti sprites are from the "Wild West" tileset created by Ekat99 on DeviantArt, linked below.
This tileset is credited to Ekat, Heartlessdragoon (RSE Rips), Vurtax (Mis Objects)

Hopefully that covers everything...

Last edited:

safr

Elite Trainer
desert-png.166864

Note: I originally posted this to PokéCommunity and I copy-pasted the contents of my original post to here.
I also trimmed down the text here to make this post more concise.

The images are currently sourced from the PokéCommunity thread and may not display correctly. I've been trying to host them somewhere, but the image inserter doesn't seem to accept anything.

This fangame is created using Pokémon Essentials v20.1 with a lot of plugins including animated sprites during battle. See the credits list for details.

Introduction:
This fangame is designed around the sandstorm weather and is located mainly in a large desert with many sub areas.
There are a lot of changes to all the Pokémon, many moves, and some abilities in this fangame.
I manually rewrote all the movesets for this fangame's roster.

This fangame isn't compressed. Players can modify their copy of this fangame to make your own fun with what I've made so far using RPG Maker XP.
This will also be the case in later versions. I left a lot of comments throughout the events and scripts.

This is my first created Pokémon fangame.
My main goal of creating this fangame is to create my own favorite fangame.

Highlights of features in this fangame:
  • The total roster planned for this fangame is 154 species including evolutions.
  • A gigantic amount of balance changes to all the Pokémon in all aspects.
    • All the movesets are manually written by me.
    • A lot of moves are rebalanced. Always check the descriptions and stats!
    • A lot of changes to abilities. Some custom-created ones, too.
    • Evolution requirements are adjusted based on how I'm balancing this fangame.
  • Atypical starter trio, based on battle niche instead of type triangle.
  • All trainer battles are in doubles format.
  • Radial game world layout.
    • You don't have to remember which town each NPC service is located. They'll all be in one place as you unlock them, and you'll pass through often on your way to other areas.
  • Access to healing your party for free in the middle of every route.
  • More specific details on changes are accessible in-game. You don't need to open a wiki for this fangame.
  • Unobstructive grass. You don't have to trudge through grass encounters to progress through areas.
  • Pokémon that appear in the overworld, and respawn.
  • There are always repeatable trainer battles available for money and experience. They're not always caught up with the player's level.
  • Animated battle sprites and dynamic camera.
There's a lot more changes listed lower in the spoilers below and some that I haven't thought to add there.

v0.2.0:

The file is currently uploaded to Proton Drive, which is inaccessible to some countries including Russia and Turkey. I chose Proton because it's more secure.

October 11 2024, v0.2.0 release
v0.2.0 changelog here:
Since I'm posting to Eevee Expo after v0.2.0 is released, and this update since the initial v0.1.0 was bugfixes, treat v0.2.0 as the first playable release. The release date on Pokémon Community was October 11, but for Eevee Expo I'm making this post a few days later.

September 15 2024, v0.1.0 release

As of v0.2.0 and what I have planned so far, this game is about 25% complete.

Minor update versions, the middle number in the x.y.z, are planned to alternate where odd numbers are big content updates while even numbers are dedicated to fixing bugs and improving the added content.

There's a developer room accessible in-game that contains a bunch of my notes and templates of resources I use throughout this fangame. Check it out if you don't mind being un-immersed and want some insight on how this fangame is designed.

The story begins with the player's father going missing while far from home working at a sawmill in the desert. The player's dad would send letters home telling about how things are going, but at some point the letters stopped coming and the company he worked for is trying to pay off the player's family. The player decides to venture down to the desert and search for the player's father personally. Along the way the player deals with gangs of criminals making problems in the desert and chasing away the locals. The player also meets a stranger that helps the player along the way, giving useful items or telling the locals about the player's accomplishments.

Making sure all the Pokémon are worth using:
  • A lot of balance changes to base stats, moves, abilities, etc.
    • Standardized level required to learn new moves.
    • Everything gets STAB with the favored physical/special attacking stat.
    • Mixed attackers get both physical and special attacks, typically at the same level for players that want to only use one of them.
    • Custom created abilities, especially ones that grant immunity to sandstorm's chip damage.
  • I created custom scripts to improve a lot of moves to be a lot more useful, so be sure to read the descriptions and try using everything!
  • I'm also still working on creating more custom scripts for more interesting and useful effects!
  • There's a lot of custom created abilities that grant immunity to the sandstorm weather chip damage. If you see a custom-created ability, assume it has this.
  • Atypical starter options. Three starters that aren't the typical fire, grass, water trio.
  • The starters each have a powerful ability with multiple effects.
More convenient managing of your Pokémon:
  • The summary screen shows IV and EV numbers.
  • Individual Values (IV) are standardized at zero. This applies to all Pokémon in this fangame.
  • Part of the v0.1.0 postgame unlocks EV training spots where only one species can be encountered per room.
  • Everything yields effort in multiples of four, and only in one stat.
    • First-stagers yield 4 effort in one stat.
    • Second-stagers and mono-stagers yield 8 effort in one stat.
  • Conveniently available services to optimize Pokémon are unlockable, including:
    • Name Rater
    • Nature mint mart
    • Reset effort, either for one stat at a time or all stats at once
    • Move reminder

• A very frequent and recurring stack of books with information on a lot of the gameplay changes.
  • Drink water to fully recover your party for free and can be used as often as you want.
    • Every "route" has one of these around the middle of it.
  • Each "route" has a total of five Pokémon that can be encountered and caught that are only in that area.
  • This fangame is designed with a central town, and all the "routes" surround it.
  • None of the services get softlocked to lose access to unlocking them if you progress past the area they're available in.
In the event of any changes to the base stats of any Pokémon species or any other reason for the base stats of a Pokémon needing to be reset, there's a computer in the downstairs laboratory at Dustbowl that will recalibrate the base stats of a selected Pokémon in your party.

• Trainers will use Pokémon locally available and/or in the lower level area nearby.
  • Trainer battles are all in doubles format.
  • Trainer battles inside caves or buildings will have sandstorm weather during the battle, so any effects that rely on sandstorm being active will still work.
  • There are trainers that can be rematched an unlimited amount of times for money and experience.

• Very low cost medicine items. Healing items like potions have much lower cost. Buy them in bulk so you don't have to retreat and fully heal so often.
    • Higher tier healing items have their cost versus healing amount scaled to proportionally match "Potion" including drinks like Lemonade.
  • There are no HMs to navigate the overworld.
  • There are no overworld items, hidden or in item balls.
  • There are NPCs that can give you items.

• Level caps. The overall level cap for v0.2.0 is 20. The long term max level cap for the full version of this game is 50.
  • Max party size is 4 instead of 6. This also applies to all trainers. Choose your team carefully and adapt to your current area.
  • All individual values are zero. This displays on the summary screen when checking your Pokémon. This also applies to all trainers.
  • Evolution accessibility is very tightly controlled. Everything has its evolution condition edited.
  • Only learn moves by level up. No tutor, TM, or egg moves.
  • All Pokémon only have one ability. There are no second or hidden abilities.
  • Move pools are heavily restricted. A lot of coverage moves are removed.
  • The max amount of effort per stat is 200 instead of 252, and the max total effort is 500 instead of 510.

2024-09-15-13_08_29-821-png.166266
2024-09-15-13_10_37-803-png.166268

2024-10-09-13_44_45-588-png.167026
2024-10-09-13_44_11-427-png.167025

Pokémon Dustbowl is a fangame made using Pokémon Essentials 20.1 with additional music from the official Pokémon games downloaded from ENLS's Pre-Looped Music Library.

Pokémon Dustbowl is made by me, using the many resources credited below.

Pokémon is owned by The Pokémon Company, Nintendo, and affiliated with Game Freak.
No copyright infringement is intended with this fangame.
No right is claimed to the Pokémon intellectual property.
I don't claim ownership or distribution of Pokémon as intellectual property.
This fangame is not presented as being an official or legitimate Pokémon product.

The specific Pokémon Essentials package I started this fangame with is from here:
This comes packaged with many plugins including animated sprites in battle.

# Pokémon-Essentials-20.1-with-Elite-Battle-DX

- Credits:

EBDX (Essentials v19.1) + Pokémon Essentials:
  • Luka S.J.
  • Maruno
  • Marin
  • Pokecheck.org
  • PinkCatDragon
  • Tebited15
  • BadSamaritan
  • WolfPP
  • redblueyellow
  • Damien
  • Issei Hyoudou
  • Nasasu
  • luckygirl88

Port to v20.1:

- Manurocker95

Gen 8 Pack:

Battler Sprites:
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project

Overworld Sprites
Gen 6+ Berry Tree Overworlds - Anarlaurendil
Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62, LarryTurbo, tammyclaydon
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, LarryTurbo

Icon Sprites
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia
Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon

Cry Credits:
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464

Script Credits:
Golisopod User, Luka S.J.

Compilation of Resources:
Golisopod User, UberDunsparce

Gen 9 Pack

Script Gen 9 and Adapting PLA for v20:
-Caruban

PBS for Gen 9:
-Caruban
-PorousMist (Updated the abilities, items, and moves description)
-DJChaos (TM Items)

Pokemon Gen 9 Battler Sprites:
The-King-Of-Roads-X, Mak, leParagon, Caruban, Azria, Mashirosakura, Katten, jinxed, OldSoulja

Battler Sprites QC:
leParagon

Pokemon Gen 9 icons:
ezerart

Pokemon Gen 9 Followers:
Azria, DarkusShadow

Pokemon Gen 9 Cries:
Edited from Lightblade Absol Gen 9 Cries compilation video

Gen 9 item icons:
-lichenprincess (Tera Orb, Bamboos, Tera Shards, Mirror Herb, Loaded Dice, Leader Crest, and Kubfu Scrolls, Booster Energy, Gimmighoul coin, TM Material, Kofu's Wallet, Sandwich, Herba Mysticas)
-Caruban (Punching Glove, Auspicious Armor, Malicious Armor, Ability Shield, Clear Amulet, Covert Cloak, Scarlet&Violet Book)

Original Pokémon: Legends Arceus Expansion Script :
-StCooler (Original script for Gen 8 Project in v18 and Status sprites)
-PorousMist and curryofthepast (Adapting the script for v19.1 use)

PLA item icons :
-AztecCroc, 3DJackArt, Caruban, lichenprincess

Pokemon cries ripped:
-Morningdew

Pokeballs battle animation and summary icon:
-Caruban
-WolfPP (Beast ball battle animation)

PLA Pokémon icons:
-LuigiTKO

Follower
-Boonzeet
-DarkusShadow
-princess-phoenix
-Ezeart
-WolfPP

PLA Sprites from Smogon Gen8 Sprite Project :
(https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-sprite-project.3647722/)
-Blaquaza, KingOfThe-X-Roads, KattenK, Travis, G.E.Z., SpheX, Hematite

Animated gen 6 and Megas:

Diegotoon20
Snivy101
Typhlito
Legitimate Username
Ayanocloud
N-Kin
Turtleye
Siiilver
Wyverii
Branflakes325
princessofmusic
Layell
branflakes
Falgaia
aXl
Wobblebuns
N-Kin
zerudez
Brylark
princess-phoenix
TrainerSplash
Gnomowladny
Gardow
RockAdam

Vanilla Style Version
Pokémon sprites:
KingOfThe-X-Roads, Mak, Red7246, Vent, Caruban, leParagon, Sopita_Yorita, Z-nogyroP,
Alxndre~◇, Mashirosakura, NanaelJustice, KRLW890
Blaquaza, KattenK, Travis, G.E.Z., SpheX, Hematite

Gen 9 Icons:
Vent, Katten, leParagon, Cesare_CBass, Alxndre~◇, Jordanos11

PLA Icons:
LuigiTKO, Pikafan2000, Cesare_CBass, Vent, Cesare_Cbass, MultiDiegoDani, leParagon, JWNutz
and thanks for
Pokémon Icons Act 2.9 - Teracristalizando
(https://whackahack.com/foro/threads/pokemon-icons-act-2-9-teracristalizando-07-08-2022.63896/)

Walking Wake and Iron Leaves sprites:
Jordanos11

Terapagos, munkidogi, okidogi, Fezandipiti sprites:
Ruben1986

Full Sprites Credit List:

EBDX Extra moves: NikDie

And let me know if there is someone that I forget to mentions here.

Animated Sprites, by Manurocker95, KleinStudio, Luka SJ
Better Healing Machine, by mej71, Rua
Easy Mouse System, by Luka S.J.
Elite Battle DX, by
Luka S.J.,Maruno,Marin,Pokecheck.org,PinkCatDragon,Tebited15,BadSamaritan,WolfPP,redblueyellow,Damien,Issei Hyoudou,Nasasu,luckygirl88,NikDie,Manurocker95
Roulette minigame (which I haven't been able to get working), by FL (Eevee Expo)
Following Pokémon EX, by
Golisopod User, Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71, PurpleZaffre, Akizakura16, Thundaga, Armin (Fairies Resource Pack), Maruno
Generation 8 pack scripts, by Golisopod User, Luka S.J.
Generation 9 pack script, by Caruban
KFootprints Ex, by Manurocker95, KleinStudio
Lin's IV and EV display, by LinKazamine (Relic Castle)
Luka's Scripting Utilities, by Luka S.J.
Modular Menu, by Luka S.J.,Manurocker95
Modular Primal Forms, by Manurocker95
Modular Title Screen, by Luka S.J.
No bump sound, by Manurocker95
Overworld Shadows EX, by Golisopod User, Wolf PP, Marin
Showdown Utils, by AceOfSpadesProduc100,Cilerba,Marin,Nuri Yuri,Manurocker95
Better speed up, by Marin, Phantombass
Sun Rays, by Polectron, Manurocker95
v20.1 hotfixed, by Maruno
Auto Multi Save, by http404error

Images have been copied from the following plugin:
Only a few of the images have been copied. I've tested to make sure these battle sprites animate.
I don't know the individual credit per sprite, so I'll credit the entire list that's credited for the battler sprites.

Plugin Credits:
Creator: Lucidious89
Based on the Generation 8 Pack by Golisopod User and EBDX by Luka S.J.

Battler Sprites
  • Gen 1-5: Luka S.J.
  • Gen 6: All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
  • Gen 7: All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
  • Gen 8: All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
  • Gen 9: All Contributors To Smogon Scarlet/Violet Sprite Project
  • Contributors to the original "Sprites Animados" spanish plugin:
    Tenshi of War, DPertierra, Skyflyer, Hellfire_raptor, Antiant, AshnixsLaw, AyanoCloud, Azrita, BR0DE0, Caruban, Creobnil, DanEx, Diegotoon20, dimbly, ekurepu, Ebaru, EricLostie, Falcon7, Federico97_ez, Fleimer_, Franark122k, Hellfire0raptor, HM100, HyperactiveFlummi, iametrine, Involuntary-Twitch, ItsYugen, jinta, justnyxnow, KingOfThe-X-Roads, kiriaura, Legitimate Username, localghost, lucasomi, MallowOut, mangalos810, MCH4R1Z4RD, N-Kin, NoelleMBrooks, Noobiess, Nolo33, OldSoulja, OmegalingYT, PKMarioG, PomPomKing, Poki Papillon, PumpkinPastel, RetroNC, RadicalCharizard, seleccion, SelenaArmorclaw, SkidMarc25, Snivy101, Sopita_Yorita, SoulWardenInfinity, TheAetherPlayer, TheCynicalPoet, Typhlito, uppababy
  • Other Contributors: Lucidious89, Regis, Rod, kayzering
Special thanks to whoever set up the software that automatically detects the frames of these sprite sheets to animate.

Cacti sprites are from the "Wild West" tileset created by Ekat99 on DeviantArt, linked below.
This tileset is credited to Ekat, Heartlessdragoon (RSE Rips), Vurtax (Mis Objects)

Hopefully that covers everything...

For some reason the screenshot is broken for me. Well i gonna try it anyway so it's okay

Back