Recruiting Pokemon Epitaph

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.

WispyShrooms

Rookie

Engine: Pokémon Essentials
logo_maybe-png.167091

About
Welcome to Pokémon Epitaph! This brand new Gen 4-style Pokémon Essentials Fangame has you explore the Scandinavian-inspired region of Arvunn, known for its deeply rooted culture and connection to nature among both people and Pokémon.

This game is currently in Early Development, but we plan to have a cast of 120 new Fakemon, a host of which are new Regional Forms, an expansion on Exploration Mechanics such as Diving and Hidden Grottos, Mega Evolutions, and a new battle mechanic in the form of Rune Forms.

Dev Team
Lead Developer » WispyShrooms

Artist
Lead Artist » Bird Morpher Games (Fakemon)
Artist » Miss. Fortune (Trainer)

Composers
Composer » Emnity

Writer
Writer » Charlie Vieyra
Writer » SkittiesInSpace
Writer » MythicSquid

SFX
Pokemon Cries » BlueZulfishboi

Pixel Artists
Spriter » thewaffles(Fakemon)
Spriter » Adjecent(Fakemon)
Spriter » Nanulak(Fakemon)
Spriter »oliwier7778(Fakemon)

Coders
Coder » Jbsundown

Mappers
Mapper » Katana57

Team Building
Balancer » Energyzd

Story
Pokémon Epitaph's story is one of Traditions vs Advancement as you find yourself trying to find an identity within a constantly evolving world where You, your Sibling, and your childhood friend get accepted into the League Program as the day your journey begins your Mom, one of the leading professors within the region, arrives at the dock of your small home town known as Berkana Town with a gift:

starters-png.108895

The gift of three starter Pokémon! The Water Snake Pokémon Vansaic, The Fire Pup Pokémon Inferdur, and the Grass Pony Pokémon Ponush.
With this gift, her only request is for you to assist in completing the Pokedex, and strongly encourages you to follow the Path of Champions to claim the 8 gym badges and face the Region's Undefeated Champion, Leif.
Yet, beyond your small town, you'll find there are a lot more challenges awaiting you as an ancient, forgotten prophecy begins to come true. Do you have what it takes to pick up this vast region's forgotten Epitaph?

The Evil Team of the Game, Team Berserker.

logos-1-png.167094

Team Berserk is inspired by the Vikings and is an organization known for its brutal methods in battle as they collect powerful Pokémon for some unknown goal, though there have been some theories. Some people believe they want to take over the region, while others believe it is something much bigger. What is known is the Pokémon they use tend to be as wild as the people in the team themselves with some even blaming Team Berserk for a recent phenomenon known as Rune Pokémon. These energy-infused Pokémon tend to be far more powerful than the average Pokémon, yet also are much more untamed making them especially dangerous.

The Aesir Foundation

logos-2-png.167093

Throughout your journey, you'll encounter The Aesir Foundation, a newly-formed organization run by Professor Mim and the Champion's brother, Iver. The Aesir Foundation's goal is to gather powerful trainers to assist in quelling these Rune-Infused Pokémon and investigating the various strange ruins within the region. Their research has uncovered a possible connection to the Rune phenomena in the form of wormholes opening in certain spots within the region to a new dimension known as the Astral Realm. This strange Ultra Space-inspired land is almost a parrel to the region and is meant to act as an "open world" esq section akin to the Wild Area or Safari Zone from the base Pokémon Games.
This almost secondary region is even host to its own native Pokémon in addition to Ultra Beasts making a return and the addition of some new ones.
fox-png.167092
virus-lines_1-png.167096

Now, what do we need?

Concept Artists (Trainer or Fakemon)

Coders (Eventing and Mechanics)

Music Composer(Preferably for the Gen 4-style of music)

Pixel Artists (Fakemon/Trainer Sprites)

UI Designers

Writers (Dialogue and Story)

Balancers(For Dex, Teams, and encounters)

screenshot-2024-10-11-014856-png.167099

We hope to see you soon!

Please Contact wispyshrooms if you are interested or join the Discord to follow progress or contact us there!

discord-icon-7-png.108890

But before you go, here are some Extra Things To Showcase!

New Locations!

exported-png.167098

exported-png.167100

New Pokemon!

ad-thingy-png.167095

screenshot-2024-10-11-020728-png.167101

Additional Credit for Tilesets

Outdoor

Flurmimon
Kyle-Dove
Magiscarf
Heavy-Metal-Lover
WilsonScarloxy
Kaliser!
ThatsSoWitty
Magiscarf
WesleyFG
SailorVicious (Formerly known as Heavy-Metal-Lover)
Shawn Frost
NSora-96
PeekyChew
Kyle-Dove
Claisprojects.com
Minorthreat0987
The-Red-Ex
UltimoSpriter
TyranitarDark
DarkDragonn
rafa-cac
Phyromatical
Alucus
Newtiteuf
ChaoticCherryCake
Moca
PixelMister
Kyle-Dove
Heavy-Metal-Lover
WesleyFG
Dewitty
Zetavares852
XDinky
Newtiteuf
Alucus
Erma96
Hydrargirium
Poison-Master
Thedeadheroalistair
Shutwig
Asdsimone
Xxdevil
Steinnaples
Hek-el-grande
sylver1984
NikNak93
TeaAddiction
Cuddlesthefatcat
Magiscarf
Gigatom
The-Red-eX
ChaoticCherryCake
WesleyFG
zetavares852
PkmnAlexandrite
carchagui
07harris/Paranoid
19dante91
27alexmad27
Alistair
Alucus
Alucus
Atomika
Bakura155
Blue Beedrill
Boomxbig
Bulbapedia and Bulbaforums
chimcharsfireworkd
Chio
CNickC/CNC
Dewitty
Flood
Fused
G-olden
help14
Jesse TBPro
lordindy
Kizemaru_Kurunosuke
klnothincomin
Kuroda-Taiki
Kymotonian
Newtiteuf
Novus
Pokemon_Diamond
PrinceLegendario
Reck
Red-Gyrados
REMY35
RHN
Saurav
Scarexshivaking
SL249
spaceemotion
spypoke megafc
ThePokemonChronicles
WesleyFG

Indoor

WilsonScarloxy
princess-phoenix
MewTheMega
Kyle-Dove
Magiscarf
Pablus94
Zeo254
Laecoris

If any names are missing, please let me know! I will add your name or the missing individual to the credits immediately.

LuisBrain for the Commissioned Ultra Beast Artwork and ans for the initial designs

WispyShrooms

Rookie
I don't know why the screenshots picture broken for me and not appearing
That’s strange

I double checked with other people and they’ve said the images are appearing for them. I’d definitely love if you could send me a screenshot or something just so I can have an idea of what it looks like.

WispyShrooms

Rookie
I don't know why the screenshots picture broken for me and not appearing
I’ve gotten confirmation from another member that the same thing happened with them. While it’s unfortunate- tomorrow I’ll update the post with the proper images.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Hopefully this next attempt will be successful lmao.

safr

Elite Trainer
I’ve gotten confirmation from another member that the same thing happened with them. While it’s unfortunate- tomorrow I’ll update the post with the proper images.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Hopefully this next attempt will be successful lmao.
Yeah sometimes evee expo weird

Back