Recruiting Pokemon Peridot: Looking for Spriters, Scripters and maybe composers.

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.

thebigguy270

Trainer
Join the Development of Pokémon Peridot – A Fan-Made Journey Through the Region of Regalia!

Are you a passionate fan of Pokémon and interested in game development? We're creating Pokémon Peridot, a fan-made game built on Pokémon Essentials, set in the breathtaking Regalia region, inspired by the landscapes and culture of Italy with a touch of Greek mythology! We're looking for talented and dedicated individuals to join us in making this project a reality.

B5zuSkO.png

5LFTkad.png

gsYsKCs.png

diS2kgC.png

About Pokémon Peridot:

• Region: Regalia is a diverse land filled with lush forests, towering mountains, serene beaches, and ancient ruins. Explore its many cities, inspired by iconic Italian locations, and uncover the mysteries hidden in its past.
  • Story: Follow a thrilling narrative of love, betrayal, and redemption. Two noble families—Nero and Bianco—are locked in a centuries-old feud. You, the player, will team up with your friends, Tanya and Neville, to challenge the Gym Leaders and stop the villainous Team Alpha, who seeks to control time and space through the ancient dragon brothers they unearthed. Along the way, you'll encounter powerful new Pokémon, ancient prophecies, and a mysterious cyborg companion, Daphne, whose past is tied to the future of Regalia itself.
  • Postgame Content: A rich postgame experience featuring cameos from Pokémon Sun and Moon, and the PWT, where you can battle famous trainers from other regions.

What We’re Looking For:

• Scripters: If you’re familiar with Pokémon Essentials or RPG Maker scripting, we need your help to bring our mechanics to life, from new moves to battle systems!
  • Artists: Help us design stunning Fakémon, custom trainers, and tilesets that fit the aesthetic of Regalia’s Italian-inspired cities.
  • Composers: We’re looking for talented musicians who can create Gen 4/5-style music to match the nostalgic feel of Pokémon while embracing the unique atmosphere of Regalia.
  • Animators: Assist in animating battle sprites and Fakémon moves to make the battles feel dynamic and alive. That is if we do get to those!

Key Features of Pokémon Peridot:

• Fakémon: A full roster of unique Fakémon inspired by Italian fauna and flora, as well as Greek myths, such as the chimera-like Royalithorn, the pioneer goat Volcaneer, and the gladiator platypus Mamertipus.
  • Cinematic Story: Experience a narrative that focuses on love—familial, romantic, and friendship—and how it ties into a prophecy that could save or destroy the world.
  • Plugins: Utilizing the Gen 9 pack for Pokémon Essentials, including Following Pokémon, improved field skills, and reborn-style battle animations.

Ready to Join Us?

If you’re passionate about Pokémon, love world-building, and want to help create an unforgettable experience in the region of Regalia, then we’d love to hear from you in our Discord!!

Last edited:

Pixus

Rookie
Hello! I'm unsure if I'll be able to really offer much to the project, partially since I haven't really done much in RPG Maker XP for years, but I figured since I was looking for some sprite and animation practice that I could probably join the team. Since I'm a bit burnt out, I don't really have too much to offer, but I did this if you want an example of my animations:
6700676b5f7725ee5ec4d28a

Back