• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Tempo Tamers

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.

Zip

Rookie
Tempo Tamers is a creature collecting game with rhythm-based combat elements that I've been working on since June. Because of its inspiration from Pokemon, I'd like to open up to the talented people here to help with art of all kinds, gameplay direction, and character design.

Note: "Beatures" are what this game calls the creatures that inhabit the region. You can think of Beatures like Pokemon, but they all have some musical element involved in their designs. An example is Capybongo, a bongo playing capybara. Pretty simple.

Tempo Tamers is very unique for its innovative combat system. At the beginning of each battle, or when a player switches Beatures, a rhythm game section will be played, and depending on the accuracy achieved and difficulty of the song, the power of their attacks as well as the impact of their status moves can be greatly impacted.
lhkhDXM.png

If you have experience working on any Pokemon fan games, you could very well be a great fit for this indie game project. If you're interested in learning more about helping out or requesting to join the team, join the Tempo Tamer Discord and/or reply to this thread.

Open Positions (Including but not limited to):
  • Beature sprite artists (creatures, like Pokemon)
  • UI Designer (Very much needed, I'm really bad with UI)
  • Gameplay direction helper - help come up with ideas for mechanics and general production support
  • Town Designer - Help come up with concepts for routes and towns, tilemapping optional
  • Music Producers - I've been looking for many people to help make songs for my game
Please, please don't hesitate to reach out if you think you could help in any of these areas.

Currently, the only permanent team member for Tempo Tamers is me. I've cooperated with a total of 6 other people for various aspects of the game, but I'm looking to expand the team as the game builds in scale and gets further into development.

Tempo Tamers is NOT a Pokemon fan game. Tempo Tamers is made in the Godot game engine, but no knowledge of the engine is required to join the team.

Plot overview:
The wandering spirit of a genius researcher who was killed by the dragon that was sent to protect the land they reside in introduces herself to the player character, a boy from a small and isolated village that became paranoid of Beatures after the dragon's attack on the village caused many Beatures in the area to turn evil. The spirit guides the player through an adventure through the land to grow strong enough to take on the dragon at the top of the mountain and restore balance to the land.

hJGYRML.png

uVrwKjz.png

RPB65M0.png

rGdYdnP.png

C6Ozk2j.png

Tempo Tamer Discord

Back