• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon - Wild Lands

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
[PokeCommunity.com] Pokemon - Wild Lands

Pokemon - Wild Lands
Made by the creator of Pokemon - Aether and Chaos

About the Game:
Wild Lands is an open world adventure with a level scaling system.
A quest/task system guides the player through the story, however the player can play as they like with minimal restrictions.
Once again, I created a new soundtrack for this game, following the style of Aether and Chaos.
Wild Lands, however, is a very different style of game to Aether and Chaos.

Features:
A large world to explore with very little limitation
Innate skills replace HMs
Phantom Pokemon and Shrines (mini boss events)
286 Pokemon selected from generations 1 - 9
All Pokemon are catchable
All Pokemon have been rebalanced
All moves have been rebalanced + many added
- 4 new natures
Gyms are replaced by Clans of which you must assist to gain honor
New and old mini-games
Speed up
A completely new soundtrack
Lots more, check out the guide

Screenshots:
12-jpg.166124
2-jpg.166125
14-jpg.166127
10-jpg.166129
11-jpg.166130
1-jpg.166123

Potential Issues:
I have play tested it enough that there should be no random crashes. However, as this is a one man show, please let me know if there is anything that occurs. Sorry in advance if there is anything that impedes your playthroughs.

Additionally, avoid using the speed up button during events and especially mini-games.
The ideal speed up speed is 2 (1 being normal, 2 being fast, 3 being very fast)

Tools used:
RPG Maker XP
Pokemon Essentials v21.1
Ableton
GIMP

Installation Guide:
Download the link provided below and extract the files to your desired destination.
Run the Game.exe file.
Enjoy the game.

Discord Link:
Discord

Downloads:
Mediafire

Credits:
Thanks to all the previous fan games and main creators of the essentials project for any work used within this game. Namely, sprites, tile sets and plugins.
If you notice anything you have done which has not been credited and would like to be added, please let me know.
Main:
Maruno
Amras Anárion (myself) (CC BY-SA) Since almost nothing existed in the 16x16 medieval-fantasy theme, I had to create most of the tiles.
Thunungu (CC BY-SA) (pale brown table and chair and its stone version, pale brown barrel, soil texture to the floor, wood floor, large candlestick, rustic shelf, green plant, green and red carpet with yellow edges and champion cup)
aveontrainer (CC-BY) (Gray stone fireplace, Front of stone fireplace, deer head, horizontal staircase barrier, chairs in dark red velvet, dark wood furniture)
Inkaline (CC BY-NC) (wooden chairs, beds, chairs in light red velvet, some candles)
Redshrike (CC-BY) (little candlestick, 3 carpets, closed books and the two very colorful plant in a pot.)
Dracoyan (CC-BY) (sawmill rail and grinding wheel)
Magiscarf (CC BY-NC-SA) (light wood logs)
Ekat (Many of the overworld sprites)
TechSkylander1518 (Nickname from menu)
ThatWelshOne_,mej71,derFischae,Marin (MQS)
Caruban (Gen 9 pack)
Encounter List (ThatWelshOne_,raZ,Marin,Maruno,Nuri Yuri,PurpleZaffre,Savordez,Vendily)
Delta Speed Up ( Marin (og speed up script), Phantombass (19.1 version), Mashirosakura, Golisopod User, D0vid (v21.1 version))
Automatic Level Scaling (Benitex, Joltik, Umbreon)
Improved Field Skilss + Modular UI Scenes + Deluce Battle Kit (Lucidious89)
Triple Triad Booster Pack - by FL

Essentials:
Maruno
Poccil
Flameguru
A. Lee Uss
Anne O.Nymus
Ecksam Pell
Jane Doe
Joe Dan
Nick Nayme
Sue Donnim
Pizza
Boushy
Brother1440
FL
Genzai Kawakam
Golisopod User
help-14
IceGod64
Jacob O. Wobbrock
KitsuneKouta
Lisa Anthony
Luka S.J.
Marin
MiDas Mike
Near Fantastica
PinkMan
Popper
Rataime
Savordez
SoundSpawn
the__end
Venom12
Wachunga

Mkxp-z:
Roza

Mkxp:
Ancurio et al.

RPGMaker XP:
Enterbrain

Art and Plugin:
Ekat
Heartlessdragoon
Vurtax
Benitex
Joltik
Umbreon
LinKazamine
KingOfThe-X-Roads
Mak
Caruban
jinxed
leParagon
Sopita_Yorita
Azria
Mashirosakura
JordanosArt
Abnayami
OldSoulja
Katten
Divaruta 666
Clara
Skyflyer
AshnixsLaw
ace_stryfe
All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
All Contributors To Pokemon Essentials

The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game

No copyright infringements intended

Please support the official games

Last edited:

quentix

Cooltrainer
wich pokemon are in there ? there is some i would like to find but i cant seem to find them :/

BCarter

Rookie
wich pokemon are in there ? there is some i would like to find but i cant seem to find them :/
Look in the PBS folder, Pokemon.txt or RegionalDex.txt.

It will outline all the Pokemon available in the game.

Zinkatron

Cooltrainer
Finished this today, good game!

What I liked:
True open world with tons of exploration. Items are strewn across the map, you can build a great team pretty quickly. The balancing of the mons makes many that usually would not be great very viable. Being able to change Eeveelutions on the same eevee is awesome to build unique coverage options. With all mons changed, it is like rediscovering everything all over again - which I really love but others who are used to a structured experience won't enjoy. The game is all killer no filler really, no massive story of exposition. You help the 6 clans, battle the elders in 4v4 battles, there is one "crisis" to solve, and then an endgame tournament. it is a nice and tight experience, and the shiny odds are 1/50, 1/25 with the charm so go nuts with that! I know i did. The all original soundtrack is great and adds some much needed variety to the typical stock music that is in most games

What is game isn't:
It isn't a massively long game with a complex story. It is pretty predictable in nature. I don't mind this, but if you are looking for a tale full of plot twists, majorly developed characters, etc. this ain't it. It isn't like the story is bad, it just is not the reason you play this. The limited dex doesn't bother me, but it will likely bother a lot of people that want all the legends, paradox, and well the rest of the dex that is not present. Again, with the rebalancing I did not care about this at all, as it was nice to focus on a set of mons and honestly different mons than I usually would not bother with. Like Vivillon is amazing in this game for instance.

The challenge is probably average for an essentials game, I didn't find it difficult nor crazy easy since the scaling kinda prevents it altogether. Overall, definitely worth playing this one, I definitely had fun shiny hunting! And the creator is a very genuine and nice person who created his own score for this game and for his previous game, Aether and Chaos.

Back