• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting PKMN Jam Festival [Recruitment Thread]

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.

bombastik18

Senior Youngster
🔸PKMN Jam Festival 🔸

Game description:

Are you tired of saving the world? Fighting evil teams all on your own? Do you feel like you could us some time off? Maybe a vacation on a far away island with your grandpa would do? If so...

🇯🇲 I would like to invite you to the Jameyka Region! 🇯🇲

It's a small region (very loosely based on Jamaica) where your grandpa lives. After many years without visiting, your father decided it was a good idea to strengthen family ties. There are some grudges held, there is some tension in the family, but, what’s more important, there is a Jam Festival! Not only can you take your first steps as a Pokémon trainer, but also freely explore the new region and learn about your family. All of this while taking part in the Jam Festival Trial, where you need to beat six Trial Captains, and helping your Grandpa fulfil his lifelong dream. The game is planned to be open-world, focused on exploration, with challenging double-battles. I want it to be simple and light-hearted, so your playthrough would be a nice and chill (at least for the most part).

Features:
  • open world,
  • dialogue options with consequences,
  • double battles,
  • quest system,
  • encounter list,
  • HM items,
  • bag screen with interactable party,
  • toggleble level caps,
  • level scaling,
  • speed up button,
  • Exp All from the start,
  • Pokémon from all generations with a handful of regional variants and new Fakemon,
  • new abilities, moves and items,
  • refreshed gen 3 graphics.

Progress:

The game is developed using RPG Maker XP and Pokémon Essentials v21.1. This project was originally meant to be a Winter Game Jam entry, but there was no such event this year. Anyway, I've been working on it since January and I would like to release at least a demo this year. The outline of the story is ready, but I need to work out the details and add some depth to the characters. I'm almost done with mapping, there are only some indoor maps left (although I'm open to expanding the region a little more if needed), and then I would like to refine them if time permits. Most important plugins are installed, but there are a few more I would like to add. The Pokédex and encounters are also mostly done, at least for now (there's some playtesting to do). I also took from resources a bunch of Fakemon and made some myself as well, although I'm sure they still need some work.

I'm happy to provide more details once contacted!

screenshots.png

Current Team:
  • bombastik [.bombastik on Discord] - Lead Dev,
  • GamerGrovyle - Writer,
  • Hystrucgon - Pixel Artist,
  • HisHyenaBoi - Pixel Artist,
  • Mannybot06 - Coder and Writer,
  • Zoka95 - Tester and Balancer.

Looking to recruit:
  • Music composer - not a priority, as music from RSE and FRLG is fantastic, but I would like some new tunes (mainly battle music, but anything fresh would be nice).
  • Coder - nothing too fancy really, mainly to install a few plugins that are not available for the newest version of Essentials and to create some new moves, abilities, and items.
  • Eventer - to create and playtest events in the game.
  • Pixel artist - for gen 3 tilesets, as well as trainer and Fakemon sprites.
  • Writer - to help me flesh out the story, write some side quests, develop characters, and figure out some lore for the region.
  • Balancer - to have a look at the Pokédex, as well as created fakemon and trainers to see if I didn't make them too overpowered.
  • Tester - not a priority right now, as the game is still not ready to test it out, but soon I will need some people to look for bugs etc.
At first, I wanted PKMN Jam Festival to be a solo project. I still think I could finish the game by myself, as I'm able to do all the things listed above just fine. Although, it would take me a while, and probably wouldn't be as good as I hope it to be. Two (or even more) heads are better than one, right? That's why I would love some help with world-building (NPC dialogues, quests, events), polishing what's already done (especially sprites), talking about ideas to implement, and all of that fun group project stuff 😎

Method of contact:

Preferably on Discord (.bombastik), but you can contact me here as well. I'm currently setting up a Discord server for the project, so the majority of developer talk should take place there.

Last edited:

bombastik18

Senior Youngster
I wanted to announce new members of the dev team: Forest of Eden, GamerGrovyle, HisHyenaBoi, Hystrucgon, Mannybot06, and Zoka9!

At the same time, I would like to bump the thread as we are still looking for a coder, eventer and a music composer!

Last edited:
Back