• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Temple of Time 1.5

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
[PokeCommunity.com] Pokemon Temple of Time

Introduction:

Step back in time to a world where Pokemon roam wild and free, and trainers rely on their bond with their creatures rather than technology.
In Pokemon: Temple of Time, you'll embark on a thrilling adventure set before the era of Pokeballs and modern conveniences.

Explore ancient Aztec temples, learn about their rich history and the value of time, and encounter trainers with intriguing Nahuatli names.
Form unbreakable bonds with your Pokemon as they follow you around and navigate a world where survival depends on your skill,
your courage, and your ability to connect with nature's most powerful creatures.

This is my very first game so please be nice, be warned the game is quit challenging and you might have to grind on certain floors here and there.
Above all i hope you will enjoy playing at as much as I have enjoyed developing my very first game. Thank you for playing.

Story:

Deep within the heart of the ancient Aztec empire, a towering temple stands as a testament to the gods' power. Every year,
trainers from far and wide gather here to participate in the Gauntlet of Time, a grueling test of strength, skill, and courage.
Those who emerge victorious will be granted a favor by the gods, a boon that few have ever dared to dream of.

But the trials do not end there. The true test begins in the heart of the mystical forest, where the elusive Celebi resides.
To unlock the secrets of time travel, you must understand the delicate balance between past, present, and future.
Only then can you truly harness the power of the legendary Pokémon.

As you venture through the Gauntlet, you'll encounter formidable foes, ancient guardians, and mind-bending puzzles.
Each challenge is a step closer to your ultimate goal: to become the greatest time-traveling warrior the empire has ever known.

But the journey is not without its dangers. The future is filled with powerful adversaries who will stop at nothing to prevent your rise.
Can you overcome their challenges and prove yourself worthy of the gods' favor?
The fate of the empire, and perhaps even the universe itself, hangs in the balance.

Features:

• New Region of Tecuba in the Old Aztec Empire,
set centuries before the main series steeped with lore and history.

• Roguelike Gauntlet containing chief Pokémon, trainers,
boss battles, wild encounters and brain cracking puzzles.

• A challenging world filled with treasures, secrets, sidequests and
hundreds of ancient Pokémon ranging from Gen 1 - Gen 5 to collect and
follow you on your quest.

• Discover the regional variants as you travel through wild encounters
within the temple of time.

Screenshots:

Made using:
RPGXP
Pokémon Essentials 17.2
Audacity
Logic Pro X
Paint.net
Visual Studio 2022

Version:
1.5 HOTFIX UPDATED 06/09/2024 19:46
No future updates are planned. If there are any game breaking bugs I will do my best to see what I can do.

DOWNLOAD HERE (Mediafire)

Credits:

EmpyrSW

Elite Battle System

by Luka S.J.
PinkCatDragon
BadSamaritan
Tebited15
redblueyellow
Eli
Pokecheck.org
lilatraube
AceRidley406
Telemetius

Modular Pause Menu

by Luka S.J.

Modular Title Screen

by Luka S.J.
YoshiCLONE
Mario Gamer

Scripting Utilities
by Luka S.J.

Graphics & Audio by

Delamancha2
Poltergeist
Coffecup
Magicscarf
PureAzuure
Kyle-Dove
Brandon Fiechter
Heavy-Metal-Lover
WesleyFG
Dewitty
Zetavares852
XDinky
Newtiteuf
Phantawalker
Alucus
Erma96
Kokiremix
Hydrargirium
Poison-Master
Thedeadheroalistair
Shutwig
Asdsimone
Xxdevil
Steinnaples
Hek-el-grande
sylver1984
NikNak93
TeaAddiction
Cuddlesthefatcat
Magiscarf
Gigatom
The-Red-eX
ChaoticCherryCake
ShinyxMagic
Sylv
Luigigas

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:

Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:

Luka S.J.
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
help-14
Rataime
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga

and everyone else who helped out!

Pokémon is owned by:

The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit unoffical fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Last edited:

HimeCrycho

Rookie
I played for about 30 minutes. Is the pokemon you get for helping chop wood always shiny or did I get lucky? Or maybe unlucky as well as I came across a shiny Mankey while chopping, but had no way to catch it :(

EmpyrSW

Rookie
I played for about 30 minutes. Is the pokemon you get for helping chop wood always shiny or did I get lucky? Or maybe unlucky as well as I came across a shiny Mankey while chopping, but had no way to catch it :(
Always shiny! Its a special Pokemon! Shoot though, make sure you get your chanticos to tame Pokemon, i might make a npc or something down the road to tell you about it.

Sidenote: Chances of shinies are quite higher then average! Which makes encountering shinies higher then in the mainstream games. So who knows, maybe you will catch another one in the future!

Back