• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Pokemon Sweet: Rebaked - Recruitment Thread

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.

Avid

Pokemon Sweet: Rebaked Head Chef
+------------------------- WHAT IS POKEMON SWEET: REBAKED ? -------------------------+
Pokemon Sweet: Rebaked is a new spin on the old rom hack Pokemon Sweet. Instead of a limiting rom hack formula, we're using RPG Maker & Pokemon Essentials to create a better looking, more modern take on the concept of a world populated by food-inspired Pokemon. With a world focusing on individual areas rather than overall "candy everywhere," this game doesn't make everywhere a bright pink with lollipops. Is this different from the original? Yes. Is it easier on the eyes? Yes.

The story outline so far is to have a main villainous group titled Team Glutton, who are dabbling with forces beyond their comprehension. See, the gods of this world use SWEET (NOT sweet) dust to create new things, and Team Glutton has been collecting that power for their selfish ideas. Unfortunately, they don't fully understand how it works, and running such experiments actually got them trapped in this world in the first place, as messing with the powers of a god is typically not the best idea! Now, they're trying to return home, but causing a total mess for everyone involved in the process since they don't want to follow the rules of the Sweet world. They've brought with them Pokemon from their reality, so you'll see some familiar faces like Rotom and Munchlax while battling them! You may even be able to catch some...

The sprites are styled after the generation five games, and our team (including me) put in a lot of work to get things as good as they can be. If you'd like to join, shoot me a message on Discord (or here, but it'll take me longer to get back to you).

+------------------------- WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR ? -------------------------+

SPRITERS
- Spriters welcome! We've got a pretty large dex of about 200, and most require custom spritemaking! (Must be able to follow gen 5 style)
CHARACTER ARTISTS - It's something we need to get done. Character artists
RUBY SCRIPTERS - I'll be completely honest, my Ruby is pretty awful. It's something I need to work on, so competent coders for things like custom move effects, items, and abilities would be greatly appreciated.
CONCEPT ARTISTS - If you don't fit any of these but still want to help, feel free to reach out about making some sketches of our ideas for spriters to go off of!

+------------------------- SPRITES, CONCEPT ART, SCREENSHOTS -------------------------+

Our Banana type starters, Nanadile, Croconana, and Feralipeelr.

Another line, Cadburew, Caramelia, and Roselatte.

Concept art of the Fuecolada line. Yep, our dex includes something from every point in Pokemon history. These are Lemon-Lime / Spirit types.

More concepts, of Zangoose (currently unnamed), Rainapple, and Garborange.

Screenshots from our game so far. The small apple orchard in Appet Town is a place that all the townspeople work towards to produce a splendid harvest. You can catch wild Applin here, as well as purchase their evolution items later on.
The corn & wheat fields of Levens Town. They're the producers of the best bread you've ever eaten, delivered fresh every day to each resident. You'll find the Trainer School here, led by Dean Panco, the Grain type gym leader. However, you'll need to drive away Team Glutton with him before you may challenge the gym.
The third screenshot is of Appoink, an Apple type. It learns many dancing moves after evolving, with the hidden ability of Dancer. As you can see, there are a few of the new moves I've designed here, showing a few of the different types. I've made icons for each.
+------------------------- UNIQUE FEATURES -------------------------+
We're planning a whole cooking system to make different dishes. Whether those will be for stat-boosting dishes, breeding, etc hasn't been 100% decided yet, but either way, it's gonna be neat.
SWEET dust can be obtained through challenges styled like the Raid Dens in SWSH, and has a multitude of properties from stat boosting to exp raising to even some overworld interactions. Can't elaborate too heavily on this, since this idea is still a concept, but something we're definitely going to have in the final game!

My apologies if the images have any issues for you, I'm trying my best to work with the new image sharing conventions. :(​

Last edited:

pizzataco890

Trainer
+------------------------- WHAT IS POKEMON SWEET: REBAKED ? -------------------------+
Pokemon Sweet: Rebaked is a new spin on the old rom hack Pokemon Sweet. Instead of a limiting rom hack formula, we're using RPG Maker & Pokemon Essentials to create a better looking, more modern take on the concept of a world populated by food-inspired Pokemon. With a world focusing on individual areas rather than overall "candy everywhere," this game doesn't make everywhere a bright pink with lollipops. Is this different from the original? Yes. Is it easier on the eyes? Yes.

The story outline so far is to have a main villainous group titled Team Glutton, who are dabbling with forces beyond their comprehension. See, the gods of this world use SWEET (NOT sweet) dust to create new things, and Team Glutton has been collecting that power for their selfish ideas. Unfortunately, they don't fully understand how it works, and running such experiments actually got them trapped in this world in the first place, as messing with the powers of a god is typically not the best idea! Now, they're trying to return home, but causing a total mess for everyone involved in the process since they don't want to follow the rules of the Sweet world. They've brought with them Pokemon from their reality, so you'll see some familiar faces like Rotom and Munchlax while battling them! You may even be able to catch some...

The sprites are styled after the generation five games, and our team (including me) put in a lot of work to get things as good as they can be. If you'd like to join, shoot me a message on Discord (or here, but it'll take me longer to get back to you).

+------------------------- WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR ? -------------------------+

SPRITERS
- Spriters welcome! We've got a pretty large dex of about 200, and most require custom spritemaking! (Must be able to follow gen 5 style)
CHARACTER ARTISTS - It's something we need to get done. Character artists
RUBY SCRIPTERS - I'll be completely honest, my Ruby is pretty awful. It's something I need to work on, so competent coders for things like custom move effects, items, and abilities would be greatly appreciated.
CONCEPT ARTISTS - If you don't fit any of these but still want to help, feel free to reach out about making some sketches of our ideas for spriters to go off of!

+------------------------- SPRITES, CONCEPT ART, SCREENSHOTS -------------------------+

Our Banana type starters, Nanadile, Croconana, and Feralipeelr.

Another line, Cadburew, Caramelia, and Roselatte.

Concept art of the Fuecolada line. Yep, our dex includes something from every point in Pokemon history. These are Lemon-Lime / Spirit types.

More concepts, of Zangoose (currently unnamed), Rainapple, and Garborange.

Screenshots from our game so far. The small apple orchard in Appet Town is a place that all the townspeople work towards to produce a splendid harvest. You can catch wild Applin here, as well as purchase their evolution items later on.
The corn & wheat fields of Levens Town. They're the producers of the best bread you've ever eaten, delivered fresh every day to each resident. You'll find the Trainer School here, led by Dean Panco, the Grain type gym leader. However, you'll need to drive away Team Glutton with him before you may challenge the gym.
The third screenshot is of Appoink, an Apple type. It learns many dancing moves after evolving, with the hidden ability of Dancer. As you can see, there are a few of the new moves I've designed here, showing a few of the different types. I've made icons for each.
+------------------------- UNIQUE FEATURES -------------------------+
We're planning a whole cooking system to make different dishes. Whether those will be for stat-boosting dishes, breeding, etc hasn't been 100% decided yet, but either way, it's gonna be neat.
SWEET dust can be obtained through challenges styled like the Raid Dens in SWSH, and has a multitude of properties from stat boosting to exp raising to even some overworld interactions. Can't elaborate too heavily on this, since this idea is still a concept, but something we're definitely going to have in the final game!

My apologies if the images have any issues for you, I'm trying my best to work with the new image sharing conventions. :(​

I'm surprised to see a fan game version of sweets and food. I might be able to help with alpha or beta testing when the time comes.

Avid

Pokemon Sweet: Rebaked Head Chef
I'm surprised to see a fan game version of sweets and food. I might be able to help with alpha or beta testing when the time comes.
While we already have a designated tester, I wouldn't mind having another. If you'd like to join the server and hang out while we work, let me know.

pizzataco890

Trainer
While we already have a designated tester, I wouldn't mind having another. If you'd like to join the server and hang out while we work, let me know.
can i join the discord. plus, I forget to mention something i test and slow pace so i don't miss anything just PM me the discord link.

Last edited:
Back