• Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly! You can learn how to add images to your posts here.

Idea Pokemon Essentials Unity Edition

Wyrm

Rookie
Hi! I'm Wyrm, I've been working on a fangame but have decided to use Unity as the engine as I found RPGMAKER a little limiting for me personally. Through my research there isn't a up-to-date "Essentials for Unity". In the effort to make things as easy as possible for members of my team to help me, I have tried to make it as simple as possible for new pokemon, moves, etc. to be added. As time went on I figured I would just start a new project and make a Unity version of essentials. I'm really interested in what people would want out of something like this.

The project will be made with 2.5D in mind. I will attempt to make everything as customizable as possible along with being as easy as possible to customize. I will update this post as things progress.

Thank you for feedback :D,
Wyrm

ToeGap

Rookie
Hi! I'm Wyrm, I've been working on a fangame but have decided to use Unity as the engine as I found RPGMAKER a little limiting for me personally. Through my research there isn't a up-to-date "Essentials for Unity". In the effort to make things as easy as possible for members of my team to help me, I have tried to make it as simple as possible for new pokemon, moves, etc. to be added. As time went on I figured I would just start a new project and make a Unity version of essentials. I'm really interested in what people would want out of something like this.

The project will be made with 2.5D in mind. I will attempt to make everything as customizable as possible along with being as easy as possible to customize. I will update this post as things progress.

Thank you for feedback :D,
Wyrm
Hey Wyrm!

I think it’s awesome that you’re doing this! Props to you man!

Just a couple of things I thought of.

Unity got a massive hit in the dev community as of late, and so there’s a chance there will be less people familiar with unity in the future.

Second, I think there’s already a Pokémon unity framework that you may be able to look at as a reference!

It’s not great from what I heard, so you don’t got much to compete against! Haha!

Anyways, I think this is awesome! I’m actually using unity to build a monster taming game so let me know if there’s anyway I can help!

Wyrm

Rookie
Update:

So I have been working on this steadily for the past month. There is defintely a decent amount of challanges i'm working to overcome. So far a system is in place where Pokemon are very easy to add-in. Its as easy as adding any GameObject(Which is 2 clicks) and just filling out numbers on a sheet.

This was pretty easy thanks to some already existing tutorials by https://www.youtube.com/@GameDevExperiments on Youtube. His tutorials have been helpful foot-hold for implenmentation. It is very limited though, past giving me a good and easy way to make Pokemon and BASIC Moves themselves. There isn't much else that I can take from the series so I have been flying by the seat of my pants and problem solving. Along with BASIC Moves that really can only do damage right now. I have decided to use Unity's event system as its mostly just drag and drop, and since my goal is to make the process of using this DevKit as easy as possible. Its defintely the best bet.

I would love to show and tell more, but a lot of systems have been either scrapped or are in a VERY early prototype stage. Hopefully next I am speaking to you guys through this post I will have a rough battle system in place.

Thanks for the support,
Wyrm

Back